Page 30 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Various things
    Old Petrucci is looking fucking good. I've never thought that being a bigger guy in Moto GP is a problem, and he pretty much proves it week in week out. Oh yeah, and I reckon Zarco will end up at HRC next year.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Zarco at HRC? I wonder how Puig would handle that? Unless he expressed a desire for Zarco, I imagine things may get a bit frosty - based on his previous stint with HRC.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Old Petrucci is looking fucking good. .
    Yeah. He is one of those without a contract for next year so he will be trying to impress somebody. Anybody?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah. He is one of those without a contract for next year so he will be trying to impress somebody. Anybody?
    Unless George or Dovi fucks off he won't be getting a factory seat at Duc...
    Aprilia is my bet taking Reddings spot.

Autechs predictions for next year:

Zarco to KTM in place of Branders OR to Honda if Pedrosa decides to leave. It will be Pedrosa's call though I don't see Puig arseholing a steady rider like him for a rider like Zarco. Joan Mir is already sniffing in Motogp for '19 so he could be the spanner in the works. If Mir wanted Pedrosa's seat I could see Puig making room for a young Spanish talent that won a moto3 title on a Honda.
    Seat with the biggest question mark is Iannone, if he has another year like last year he could see himself without a bike and someone like Petrux, Zarco, Pedrosa, top Moto2 riders taking it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    Various things
    Fuck me qual was good. A ten year old track record finally falls.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    So Rossi thinks there is 12 riders all with the same pace.

I feel much excite right now.

Fucking bring it!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    400 Husqvarna vmx
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Bring back Dylan Gray

Give him time.

Bike
    Bikes
    Good to see one of NZ’s greats, Simon Crafer in the mix.
    It's OK to disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Don't get me wrong here...

But did anyone else find Simon difficult to hear? I found his voice hard to pick up, flat and almost muffled.
    Which is not ideal with the amount of noise also coming in from his surroundings.

I'm sure he will get better, but I reckon some voice coaching wouldn't go astray....

On another note, George loves to get heavy on the rear brake... All images butchered together from the same lap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	335777

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Zarco. Faster than the factory riders on last year's bike that they both said was shit. Priceless.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Zarco. Faster than the factory riders on last year's bike that they both said was shit. Priceless.
    I could be well wrong again, but isn't he on the 2016 chassis?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    But did anyone else find Simon difficult to hear?
    Yes, especially early on - but I'd have thought they have guys who are supposed to be managing that.

On another note, George loves to get heavy on the rear brake... All images butchered together from the same lap.
    Indeed. There was a blurry photo on Twitter but if you watch the TV coverage, just after they come out for the second tilt at Q2 there is a good shot of Lorenzo with a red rear disc.

Front discs in red are pretty but not noteworthy because they are carbon and need to be hot. Rear discs are steel, and not everybody uses them all that much, so we can gather George is a big user of the rear brake.

Historical note: Hayden used to run a bigger rear disc than Pedro 'cause #69 relied on it more heavily than did #26.

It was pointed out prior to qualifying that under the current rules the gap between the factory teams and the satelite teams is "wafer thin". OK, the gap at the start of the season is always smaller because as the season progresses the factory bikes get new bits, but the satelite teams don't. To have two satelite bikes on the front row though? That could make for an interesting season - I hope.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Indeed. There was a blurry photo on Twitter but if you watch the TV coverage, just after they come out for the second tilt at Q2 there is a good shot of Lorenzo with a red rear disc.

Front discs in red are pretty but not noteworthy because they are carbon and need to be hot. Rear discs are steel, and not everybody uses them all that much, so we can gather George is a big user of the rear brake. .
    Since posting I have given some more thought to the glowing disc.

If George is that heavy on it its at a high temp/plastic state so often is there a significant reason for concern around the Lifespan of such a disc over the length of the race?

Though I suspect even the often neglected rear disc probably has unobtanium molecular biology that allows it to deal with the conditions.

His use seems excessive and would suggest a shrouded (to retain heat) carbon disc might be a better option for this track?

It caught my eye at first because I thought it might have been dragging. Seems his Team may have been a bit off this weekend. Loose chain creating showers of sparks etc...

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I could be well wrong again, but isn't he on the 2016 chassis?
    Could be. I understand that Tech 3 get the factory bikes at the end of the season, but I haven't seen anything about what they have done to Zarco's bike.

Vinales has gone back to the chassis he used at the start of last season and is much happier. Rossi is blaming the electronics.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Don't get me wrong here...

But did anyone else find Simon difficult to hear? I found his voice hard to pick up, flat and almost muffled.
    Which is not ideal with the amount of noise also coming in from his surroundings.
    I'm sure he will get better, but I reckon some voice coaching wouldn't go astray....
    Yep, not a strong speaker, he needs work.

Go Vale !!!!!!!
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 19th March 2018 at 11:09.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information