Page 31 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Great first up race that confirms that the old suspects are still up for it.
    The track is still boring.
    Marques is getting predictable.
    Rossi haters are never satisfied.
    Dovi and the Duke were taking the piss.
    Roll on second round and the start of the ground war.

Bike
    Various things
    Fuck me that was a good start to the season! I lost the $100.00 challenge, but funnily enough couldn't give a shit. Bring on the rest of the season already!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Marques is getting predictable.
    Rossi haters are never satisfied.
    Well, if he didn't have a go, how exciting would the races be mate?

And yeah, for a time there, I thought the cunning Old Dog was gonna get away on them. 39 and still giving it large. Respect.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...every year I expect my man #46 to be there and he repays my expectations with just that...the race was a fantastic opener and my expectations of the rest of the season will remain the same...go Vale ...

Bike
    moped
    [QUOTE=roogazza;1131090098]
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    Don't get me wrong here...

But did anyone else find Simon difficult to hear? I found his voice hard to pick up, flat and almost muffled.
    Which is not ideal with the amount of noise also coming in from his surroundings.
    I'm sure he will get better, but I reckon some voice coaching wouldn't go astray....

Yep, not a strong speaker, he needs work.

Go Vale !!!!!!!
    Yes totaly agree, a bit dissapointing , umm's and ah's, needs to get into it, hope he improves as time goes on.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Wow did we get rewarded with a good show!
    So glad I got up and watched all 3 races as it cemented in me that motogp is now by far the most entertaining in this era, 8 riders in a bunch all with podium potential, fug yeah! Dovi is one clever motherfucker though and seems to has taken to the pressure very well.

Fast and hard racing, lots of overtaking, what more could you ask for?

Crafer... Hate to say it but it seems he hasn't read the bios on a fair few of the riders, "Joan Martin", Jack Miller is newer to Motogp, Petrux is going to get the bike he wants (while he is on top a factory ducati), Moto3 rider a rookie... Fair few cock ups but I think by mid year he will be more familiar with the paddock and his job, just will need a lot of work to be on the level of Dylan Gray. For a first crack though not too bad! Lets hope he reaches into his race experience more to give us some technical commentary as the paddock gets to know him.

How nice was it to not have He Who Must Not Be Named babbling though? New team well up to the job.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Wow did we get rewarded with a good show!
    So glad I got up and watched all 3 races as it cemented in me that motogp is now by far the most entertaining in this era, 8 riders in a bunch all with podium potential, fug yeah! Dovi is one clever motherfucker though and seems to has taken to the pressure very well.

Fast and hard racing, lots of overtaking, what more could you ask for?

Crafer... Hate to say it but it seems he hasn't read the bios on a fair few of the riders, "Joan Martin", Jack Miller is newer to Motogp, Petrux is going to get the bike he wants (while he is on top a factory ducati), Moto3 rider a rookie... Fair few cock ups but I think by mid year he will be more familiar with the paddock and his job, just will need a lot of work to be on the level of Dylan Gray. For a first crack though not too bad! Lets hope he reaches into his race experience more to give us some technical commentary as the paddock gets to know him.

How nice was it to not have He Who Must Not Be Named babbling though? New team well up to the job.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Yeah, who's the main commentator now? Matt Birt? Whoever it is, boy, that guy is really good!

Crafer has big shoe to fill. True we should give him time. But Dylan was such an awesome presenter in general we just miss him. His GoPro sponsored on-board track commentary was fantastic to watch, makes Jeremy Clarkson hide in shame. On the other hand Crafer was like "this here... a right hander........ a right hander... and a right hander..."

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    But Simon's office space does have its compensations. The blonde is Amy Dargan but who the beautiful brunette is I have no idea.

Anybody who wasn't happy with that race is very hard to please. While the race was in the middle stages I was thinking about the comment someone made about Zarco beating the factory riders on last years bike. I have read a detailed explanation of all this previously and it is complicated, but best I can recall it goes something like this:

The 2017 frame has been scrapped. The riders are currently using frames developed from the 2016 frame. Except that there was a new frame introduced in 2016 that carried the fuel tank further back. That frame was not perservered with. So if that frame was the 2016 frame, the frames the riders are currently using can be considered developments of the 2015 frame.

My recollection may not be strictly correct, but one thing it is fair to presume is that Zarco is not actually using "last year's bike".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DYe2CfWXUAMAT_r.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	335787  
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    but who the beautiful brunette is I have no idea.

I'd like to do white wees up her front bum.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    I'd like to do white wees up her front bum.
    Must be the chompers i guess :-)

Honda looks pretty ominous to me if that's not a favourite track.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The 2017 frame has been scrapped. The riders are currently using frames developed from the 2016 frame. Except that there was a new frame introduced in 2016 that carried the fuel tank further back. That frame was not perservered with. So if that frame was the 2016 frame, the frames the riders are currently using can be considered deveopments of the 2015 frame.

My recollection may not be strictly correct, but one thing it is fair to presume is that Zarco is not actually using "last year's bike".
    Going off my recollection of the 2016 bike, it was in essence a 2015 bike with some alterations in geometry to allow for the Mitchies while they all worked out wtf to do with the new tyres.
    My guess going off the 2017 bike is they tried to make a bike that utilised the extra rear grip of the Mitchie but in doing so made a bike that relied heavily on what tyre/temp that rear was at. If they had no grip they were no-where.

Zarco this year from what I understand has exactly the same tyre burning chassis (2016) but with a 500 more revs in his engine. Going off his drive out of the final corner last night power was not something he is lacking, though exit drive has always been a strong point of the Yamaha/Lorenzo style.

Rossi and MV are on a chassis which is an evolution of the 2016 chassis with probably a smoother more powerful engine than Zarco which gave them the extra tyre life at the end of the race. That and you cant ignore the class of the pair of them. Seemed to me that when Zarco's tyre went it/he dropped off a cliff big time.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Must be the chompers i guess :-)

Honda looks pretty ominous to me if that's not a favourite track.
    Lol. Yep, I'd say MM is gonna be fucking hard to beat this year now that the Honda looks better this early.

Bike
    Various things
    . Seemed to me that when Zarco's tyre went it/he dropped off a cliff big time.
    Could've also been something like his bike leaning out as it was running low on gas.

Edit. Just saw him talk about the race. Seems he chewed up his front tyre.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Could've also been something like his bike leaning out as it was running low on gas.

Edit. Just saw him talk about the race. Seems he chewed up his front tyre.
    Yeah and it apparently may have had a quality control issue that the Frenchies are looking at and shrugging about right now no doubt.
    Fucking hope not but you never know, Dani looked to be having front end sliding too (how good was his launch?) so could have been the conditions.

Wouldn't be surprised if Zarco had cooked it though he was going real deep (as deep as crasher wants to go in the aforementioned brunette) in turn one to make up for his lack of powa over the rocket ships. Good ride regardless as I think any one of those fullas back to 8th was up for a poduim just MM, AD and VR wanted it more.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Hot off the press is JL had a brake problem and was nursing it most the race till they failed outright. FUCK THAT! I'd hate it to happen on my bucket racer let alone a 300+kmph weapon.

So in preparation of the Dear George letter, I will write it myself:

Dear George

We decided to try and kill you today, but you too much of a spartan mamba to die.

Gigi

Or some gay shit like that.

Thread Information