Page 33 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post

1) How awesome does the Sic58 livery look in Moto3!?
    Attachment 335792

2) Simon, I've loved your work for years but please work on your Charisma and practice names before you start awkwardly reading out Tyre lists on a live, world feed!
    Yeah looks great. And yep. Simon is actually a funny guy. Think he's prob just pretty nervous and trying too hard.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=WALRUS;1131090290]

Paolo Simoncelli must be a special kind of guy.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Paolo Simoncelli must be a special kind of guy.
    He's an absolute legend!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Yeah, I was actually just winding a mate of mine up. But on a serious note, you just know if (and even sometimes if there's not) there's any chance at all of stealing a win, he's gonna try and do it. And that to me is what racing a motorcycle is all about. Some of the last lap antics from MM and AD last season and now this, make for edge of your seat shit! If you don't love that shit, you must be asleep at the screen! And you've gotta love the remarkable saves MM has, fan or not. Even his competitors shake their heads in amazement.
    I have a feeling Ayrton Senna and Marquez would have got along well:
    "By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it's possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it's impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I'm doing it right."

Marquez's move was nothing more than a lunge, but he hoped I think to cut off Dovi's nose long enough to out drag him to the line, unfortunately for MM the Ducati relys on squaring off and hauling arse out of a corner to get it's speed so it was not great hassle for Dovi to just drop the bike under him and fly to victory. This time though apparently Dovi was not expecting an attack, but he still managed to get the win showing how cool he is under pressure. Top notch.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    "By being a racing driver you are under risk all the time. By being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, we are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for victory, it's not to come 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. I race to win as long as I feel it's possible. Sometimes you get it wrong? Sure, it's impossible to get it right all the time. But I race designed to win, as long as I feel I'm doing it right."

Marquez's move was nothing more than a lunge, but he hoped I think to cut off Dovi's nose long enough to out drag him to the line, unfortunately for MM the Ducati relys on squaring off and hauling arse out of a corner to get it's speed so it was not great hassle for Dovi to just drop the bike under him and fly to victory. This time though apparently Dovi was not expecting an attack, but he still managed to get the win showing how cool he is under pressure. Top notch.
    Bro, there was indeed a gap there. Dovi prob even sucked him into it by going a lil wide and not protecting the line knowing full he he'd be coming. Oldest race manovure in the book. Go back and watch the 2008 season. Rossi tried the same thing on Stoner at nearly every corner at most rounds, and Stoner did exactly what Dovi's been doing to MM. MM hasn't skittled anyone doing it, so all's fair. And a fucking GREAT spectacle.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Bro, there was indeed a gap there. Dovi prob even sucked him into it by going a lil wide and not protecting the line knowing full he he'd be coming. Oldest race manovure in the book. Go back and watch the 2008 season. Rossi tried the same thing on Stoner at nearly every corner at most rounds, and Stoner did exactly what Dovi's been doing to MM. MM hasn't skittled anyone doing it, so all's fair. And a fucking GREAT spectacle.
    ...nuthin changes...winners have gotta win...love that boys (everything)...I have alluded in the past to the Marquez-Senna headspace...don't go there, it hurts still...Go Vale...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    imho th ability to actually "race" AND overtake is the mark of a champion.There only a few that will/can do it and they are MM VR JL and MV Those four will make a pass where the others wont......and MM will risk all to do it,MV may be just as merciless but we havent really seen it yet

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    imho th ability to actually "race" AND overtake is the mark of a champion.There only a few that will/can do it and they are MM VR JL and MV Those four will make a pass where the others wont......and MM will risk all to do it,MV may be just as merciless but we havent really seen it yet
    Likewise with Iannone, but he's gone dull ever since he moved to Suzuki

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    husaberg

2) Simon, I've loved your work for years but please work on your Charisma and practice names before you start awkwardly reading out Tyre lists on a live, world feed!
    Yeah looks great. And yep. Simon is actually a funny guy. Think he's prob just pretty nervous and trying too hard.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simon Crafer.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	206.6 KB 
ID:	335809.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I agree with the last two occasions but this time round going off press comments and what I saw I reckon he wasn't expecting that one, but the end result was all the same, Dovi let him have a bit of track then bent him over and took the win all the same. Race craft from both was epic because:
    If MM had managed to block Dovis nose by pulling it up a metre or two earlier it would have been him on the top step n not Dovi.
    That's what the goal is of such a move, put it there long enough to stop their exit drive n giggle with the grid girls.
    The counter is move is the above, give him the track then root him with it all the same.

Racing at its finest

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    And MM nearly won! What was the gap, 0.03 or something?

I am still trying to work out how he got around Turn 1 when he followed Dovi past Zarco.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    And MM nearly won! What was the gap, 0.03 or something?

I am still trying to work out how he got around Turn 1 when he followed Dovi past Zarco.
    Fuck knows, the front end on his Honda is incredible and he knows how to use n abuse it.

How bout Sam Lowes crashing out of Moto2? Smh, never understood the hype around him.

Bike
    husaberg

How bout Sam Lowes crashing out of Moto2? Smh, never understood the hype around him.

Hes a pom, thats all he needs alot of the press are pommy based.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Various things
    "h.
    Senna winning the title the nasty way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myaEBjK67k0

Bike
    S1000RR
    Senna winning the title the nasty way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myaEBjK67k0
    Ahahahahahaha Senna walks away like a boss. Doesn't even turn around for a second look.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information