Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Because MM stopped MV getting pole? Despite MV having another completely clear lap, where he failed to get within half a second of MM?
    The rider's safety commission had a much better attended meeting than usual at Austin. No surprises there. I suspect some stern words were spoken and it's possible the riders are now operating under a somewhat less tolerant regime. Those who are slow to adjust may have to spend time in a naughty corner. If that's right it's all good - as long as it's consistent.

This comment from Zarco about the safety commission last year is interesting: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...ssion-absence/
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post

The pillion seater Mamola used to scare the crap out of people, was that a Cagiva?

Please don't judge me but I would be ok with getting that close to a man from behind for that experience.
    Ducati I think.

Plus he does a lot of great work for charity*

but he doesnt like to talk about it
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Nor is your reasoning on point.

MM was clearly riding like a muppet on the racing line. He knows the rules or is he so arrogant that he thinks they don't apply to him.

He's under intense scrutiny now so his rivals have to take full opportunity from it and make themselves as wide as possible and block pass him until his head explodes again.
    If not then Doohan levels of dominance will ensue.

Go Vinales.
    What's your delivery addy mate? I'll send you some tampons. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shark bait.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	336325 Your day at the beach appears to be going poorly.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Totally agree, his contribution to the (epic) sport of Motogp is outstanding.

If winning was the parameter, we would just have a list of championship titles.

The pillion seater Mamola used to scare the crap out of people, was that a Cagiva?

Please don't judge me but I would be ok with getting that close to a man from behind for that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Ducati I think.

Plus he does a lot of great work for charity*

but he doesnt like to talk about it
    The first pillion one i remember was a YZR500 Yam from team Roberts, Randy used to take people out on that.
    that would have been arround 90 the pics here are later ones 92 ish
    There was one for Ducati as well much later.
    there were probably more
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6995097431_2b2a55c9ee_b.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	336326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07b029ba6afc5d5cd415ceb2f6b8ac72--boss-motogp.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	336327Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mcy0914_mega.jpg 
Size:	203.3 KB 
ID:	336328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motogp-italian-gp-2008-maddalena-corvaglia-and-randy-mamola.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	336329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mamola_randy_cagiva_500_spa_05.gallery_full_top_lg.middle.jpg 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	336330
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    That was a snoozer.

Bike
    S1000RR
    I guess after seeing Argentina GP it's a bit hard to expect anything more/ as dramatic.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Got to say that track looks fucking horrible, what an embarrassment for the USA on the world stage. No riders in the championship and they turn their track into a dust pit trying to reduce bumps?

Moto2 race was an enjoyable race (didn't get up for moto3) and the GP was interesting in its own way for a few reasons:

Why is it Iannone only performs well when he's under the hammer? See him take the hat off to ruffle his hair for the photo in parc ferme? Should be racing F1 if he's concerned about his hair.
    Imagine what he would be capable if he actually applied himself week in week out?

JL..... Losing my faith in him getting to terms with that bike I must say, to get passed by 2 guys on his bike from last year who only just got on board it says a lot about his ability to adapt... Rabat is a revelation on that bike too, beating Miller in a last lap duel isn't easy so kudos to him there. Miller ahead of Petrux again too, hope he gets that ride next year.

Brave ride from Dani, was expecting him to be outside the top 10 but he got a solid result there considering how physical the track is. Shame he didn't have the oomph to bring the battle to Dovi and Zarco. Good result though and will keep him near enough to keep gunning for the title.

Boring race? I think after last weeks bull shit we needed a normalish race where they all just knuckled down and did some racing. They do say the first few are always the craziest so perhaps this will be more of a sign of whats to come. All I know is the MM+Honda combo is looking as good as it ever has this year.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    #93 is Attila the Hun in traffic, he's also very Americanised isn't he ?

Good to see the Yamahas have improved .

Crashalot did just that, back to situation normal.

The hot goss of Doocati has faded somewhat,although Dovi used its speed to duff Zarco near the end.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post

Good to see the Yamahas have improved .

Crashalot did just that, back to situation normal.

The hot goss of Doocati has faded somewhat,although Dovi used its speed to duff Zarco near the end.
    #93 is the best American rider ever...

Love how Crash was all I'm the fucking man in Argentina and I got this when Dani and MM were both out of contention for various reasons. When it came to beating them on the track all he could do was kiss it!
    Last edited by Autech; 23rd April 2018 at 16:50. Reason: I should proof read my shit

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Marquez might not like the USA, the ICE gestapo could bust his arse and deport him to Mexico by mistake.

Austin is popular with the various GP people, Mat Oxley was saying it's his favourite race city.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Marquez might not like the USA, the ICE gestapo could bust his arse and deport him to Mexico by mistake.

Austin is popular with the various GP people, Mat Oxley was saying it's his favourite race city.
    Haha, I can't talk haven't been there yet, But hey, I've been invited to TX for 2019..

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Riders all comment on how good the atmosphere is there with the fans.
    My only recommendation to someone traveling to the USA for the first time is go find a shop that sell digestive probiotics as soon as you get there.
    Their food (even the fresh stuff) is so processed our delicate Kiwi guts don't know what to do with it and just give up the fight.

JL is complaining about Miller standing him up on the way through, was a hard move but looked alright to me. If you don't want to get overtaken George fucking put a move on!

That said I'm thinking JL is going to come out swinging next week at Jerez, lets see how he gets on before writing him off. If Suzuki can afford him it'll be an interesting mix should he decide to go, AI will need to do a bit more than one podium to keep his seat if JL or any of the other aliens is looking though.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Well that's pretty ominous isn't it?

Second in Qatar by 3 hundredths of a second.

Utterly dominant in Argentina until an electronics gremlin stalled his bike on the grid.

Dominant at the COTA again. From fourth on the grid to first in the first lap and then off and out of sight, apart from one lairy lunge from Iannone. Cruising to the finish. The feeling on the bike "sweet".

How cool to be able to respond to all the drama queens, calmly, politely, with good humour and crushing pace. I imagine he'll have slept well Sunday night.

Let's hope Mavrik and Dovi can fight back in Europe. Otherwise it'll be a battle for second.

Bike
    Various things
    Fucking smashed 'em Bro!!!

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    #93 is the best American rider ever...

Love how Crash was all I'm the fucking man in Argentina and I got this when Dani and MM were both out of contention for various reasons. When it came to beating them on the track all he could do was kiss it!
    yes, poor old Cal, a prime example of the Dunning Krueger effect. It's funny, when he wins it's how good he is and how he's finally silencing his critics, next week when all the good riders are back...

Cheers

Thread Information