Page 62 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Action packed racing, still I do feel sorry for the half dozen or so podium contenders who were wiped out through no fault of their own.
    Including Crutchlow, if only he had a carbon fibre swing arm he'd not have lost the front! :facepalm

Having watched the replay again a few times there's no way Dani would have known that JL was coming back across, if you look at the link below his head is on the other side of the bike and the two Duc's are miles to the side for a good few seconds before JL cuts back across. JL even looks like he over did it and was cutting across even more than he needed to to spit it down the straight so would have had to readjust his line or run on to the inside grass. Horrible to watch.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6iz519

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    The ducati ecxperiment proves that rossi /burgess cant develop a bike ,and or cant ride around problem andor ducati wouldnt change it.
    The Ducati experiment proved when the structure behind the scenes is wrong the bike never gets sorted. It took Gigi Dillignia getting in there and completely rearranging things behind the scenes before they could make any progress.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Lol, lots of yelling in the Doocati camp and Pedro's little body flying high !
    #93 though,did the bizz,no problem.
    #46 , couldn't capitalise .

#35 , was always betting/hoping and ....... yep !! .

Stunning morning in Horowhenua,I'm off to push the button.Work hard fellow "armchair experts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Dovi has come out blaming Dani and JL, but I think it must be said he squeezed the fuck out of JL in the braking zone by running in wide at him (as they all do but on your team mate is a bit rude) so I'd proportion a little blame on him too. He certainly didn't look very clinical last night, being blocked hard out by JL must have been frustrating, but that's why it's "racing" not "make way for the fastest rider".
    I had to laugh when I seen the Dovi comments
    He claimed Danny was going too fast, yet Danny was the only one on the proper line ie The actual racing line, where as Dovi was miles off line before he and George cut across the track in front in Dani.
    I don't like Pedro but that was a tough break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I had to laugh when I seen the Dovi comments
    He claimed Danny was going to fast, yet Danny was the only one on the proper line ie The actual racing line where as Dovi was miles off line before he and George cut across the track in front in Dani.
    I don't like Pedro but that was a tough break.
    Yeah, I thought Dovi was a little over the top portioning out blame and advice to the other guys. Pedro's got three world titles, Lorenzo five and Dovi one. They're not noobs. You had a good year in 2017 but you're nobody's daddy.

Canet looks like a bit of a berk. "Calamity Canet" the commentators called him

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Later Webb did give an explanation of the options available to Race Direction over the incident and the rationale for not penalising anybody. Pedro should be grateful 'cause he was in the firing line if penalties were to be handed out.
    Ah wot - Pedrosa penalised????? - How on earth (not the flat one) is did that thought cross anyone's mind, even for the briefest of moneto's. Did I watch the wrong race?

Oh, and Fuck A.Canet

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Yeah, I thought Dovi was a little over the top portioning out blame and advice to the other guys. Pedro's got three world titles, Lorenzo five and Dovi one. They're not noobs. You had a good year in 2017 but you're nobody's daddy.

Canet looks like a bit of a berk. "Calamity Canet" the commentators called him
    Canet, His sister Amanda D was pretty hot in the 90's....
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    77 XL250
    Watched all 3.

Jumped around the room and shouted during Moto3.
    Has a coffee and a relax during Moto2.
    Sat there shaking my head during MotoGP

Next race please....
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Blade '12
    It's very impressive in Moto3 when somebody screws up and whole swathes of people go down like they've been machinegunned. Going into the corner you've got a train of twenty and coming out a breakaway group of six.

Bike
    husaberg

the two Ducati guys clearly outbreaked each other and were way off line and George had to avoid Dovi by dived in andin doing so hit pedro, who was the only one on the racing line.

Here is the video from all angles of Dani getting rammed
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    Ah wot - Pedrosa penalised????? - How on earth (not the flat one) is did that thought cross anyone's mind, even for the briefest of moneto's. Did I watch the wrong race?

Mike Webb discussed it from a number of points of view - all unofficial. IIRC the gist was that Lorenzo took "an unusual line", when he came back to the apex though he was slightly ahead of Pedro who had seen a gap and gone for it. Everybody agrees Pedro could not have seen Lorenzo, but being slightly behind it was Pedro who had to give way. It is the responsibility of the overtaking rider to ensure the manoeuvre is safe.

But hey, it might be different on Mars?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Mike Webb discussed it from a number of points of view - all unofficial. IIRC the gist was that Lorenzo took "an unusual line", when he came back to the apex though he was slightly ahead of Pedro who had seen a gap and gone for it. Everybody agrees Pedro could not have seen Lorenzo, but being slightly behind it was Pedro who had to give way. It is the responsibility of the overtaking rider to ensure the manoeuvre is safe.

But hey, it might be different on Mars?
    Fuck yeh - i love it here on the red planet! - its so good ill happily even suggest that to my eye, and that of my superior pausing skills, that george was actually behind pedro. In fact, if he had continued to go to the apex he would have cut the honda in half. Looked like it was only his half arse flick back just before impact that changed how it looked.

Meh, i guess you see what you want to see. Certainly the boys with the toys and trained eyes prob know best though there must be one or two out there (his mum excluded) who think george was wronged

Meh, there also rans at the moment behind mm, so.....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post

Meh, i guess you see what you want to see.
    There are several camera views but one clearly shows the orange Honda wheel almost totally clear at the rear at the time of impact. Also note the order as they approach the corner. Try watching with both eyes open?

Pedro was pissed off as he probably felt the most pain, he was pissed off again when Webb wasn’t available at his convenience. The whole mess was treated as a racing incident so there were no penalties. In that regard at least he was just a little bit lucky.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    There are several camera views but one clearly shows the orange Honda wheel almost totally clear at the rear at the time of impact. Also note the order as they approach the corner. Try watching with both eyes open?

Pedro was pissed off as he probably felt the most pain, he was pissed off again when Webb wasn’t available at his convenience. The whole mess was treated as a racing incident so there were no penalties. In that regard at least he was just a little bit lucky.
    Agree to disagree then

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    The Ducati experiment proved when the structure behind the scenes is wrong the bike never gets sorted. It took Gigi Dillignia getting in there and completely rearranging things behind the scenes before they could make any progress.
    thats what I said....or ducati wouldnt change it

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    The ducati ecxperiment proves that rossi /burgess cant develop a bike ,and or cant ride around problem andor ducati wouldnt change it
    The full sentence. The first part is false because Ducati had their head up their arse (third part is true). He definitely couldn't figure out how to ride around the problem.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Thread Information