Page 66 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    The Honda has been arguably the "best bike" since the NSR500 but it's also been one of the hardest to learn. If you look at the mid-90's, Doohan and Criville were bloody quick but in comparison to the other machines out there, always looked so unstable and sketchy. Same with the first RC211-V, I'd say the 212-V as well in the 800cc days.. Honda has always had an awesome package which is just a prick if you don't ride it properly as far as I can tell*. You can't win as many championships across so many generations of bikes without having something better than the rest. That said, Yamaha has always been hot on their heels and had that period of dominance with Vale and Jorge but at this point it looks like that was just a flash in the pan IMHO and Honda have gone back to dominance.

It may also have something to do with having a big enough budget and sponsors to secure riders of the likes of Doohan, Rossi, Stoner, Marquez etc. I don't know, at this point in time I can't see anything other than a gnarly injury stopping MM from taking another sodding championship.. Yawwwwn

*This is based purely off watching races, qualifying, and interviews. Needless to say, I have no personal experience with these machines! xD

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Cocks.
    Keep yer panties on luv there's a reason the majority of them qualify within 10ths of each other yet over the course of the race are not even on the same race track practically. Dorna dumbing down the electronics has helped this state of affairs.

I know your a bit dim so riddle me this captain underpants... Where are the majority of crashes happening now?

Mm's main advantage is corner entry. He's the man at it and the others better get better at it or forever run wide/take each other out.

Pantywaist

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    I know your a bit dim so riddle me this captain underpants... Where are the majority of crashes happening now?

Mm's main advantage is corner entry. He's the man at it and the others better get better at it or forever run wide/take each other out.

Pantywaist
    Majority of crashes happen the same place they've always happened. Corner entry as the front brake is released. What's the question again?

Marquez is quicker into the turn, no argument here. He crashes three times the weekend just been. Sooner or later that's gonna cost him through injury though.

Everyone else holds back from that limit, though most have adopted a more front end style of riding since the young fella came along and schooled them all.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Majority of crashes happen the same place they've always happened. Corner entry as the front brake is released. What's the question again?

Marquez is quicker into the turn, no argument here. He crashes three times the weekend just been. Sooner or later that's gonna cost him through injury though.

Everyone else holds back from that limit, though most have adopted a more front end style of riding since the young fella came along and schooled them all.
    Guess some guys wanna see a return to massive high sides n fucked up riders? No thanks.

Bikes are a fuck tonne more powerfull these days too so losing the electronics would be a very very bad thing.

MMs pass on Pedrosa last weekend showed just how much confidence he has in the front end of his bike, guessing cause he had already crashed 3 times on it that weekend that he knew he wasn't asking too much of it to load it up big time for one corner. Brilliant.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD

and he almost always crashes the same way by losing the front.....the paddock pass podcast boys reckon he "chooses " his crash spots to find the limit in a safe way,ie a lowish speed low side at a chosen corner(s)

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    and he almost always crashes the same way by losing the front.....the paddock pass podcast boys reckon he "chooses " his crash spots to find the limit in a safe way,ie a lowish speed low side at a chosen corner(s)
    It's how car racers find absolute braking points. I've wondered if it's how he does it too. Not the best idea on a bike though.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    It's how car racers find absolute braking points. I've wondered if it's how he does it too. Not the best idea on a bike though.
    a fine line he treads indeed

Bike
    Blade '12
    I've wondered if it's how he does it too. Not the best idea on a bike though.
    You should message him... give him the benefit of your wisdom.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Sparked up some good debate here
    As for the Honda being the best bike on the grid, if it was why do the rookies struggle so much on it?
    It's had its up years (2014) and it's down years (2015) just like any bike.
    I would agree that this year it's looking like being the best bike as it's not struggling with exit drive like it used to, but only if you can ride it like a nutcase. CC's isn't the best bike on the grid though remember it's a bag of shit so he has to push hard and crash out.
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    The Honda has been arguably the "best bike" since the NSR500 but it's also been one of the hardest to learn. If you look at the mid-90's, Doohan and Criville were bloody quick but in comparison to the other machines out there, always looked so unstable and sketchy. Same with the first RC211-V, I'd say the 212-V as well in the 800cc days.. Honda has always had an awesome package which is just a prick if you don't ride it properly as far as I can tell*. You can't win as many championships across so many generations of bikes without having something better than the rest. That said, Yamaha has always been hot on their heels and had that period of dominance with Vale and Jorge but at this point it looks like that was just a flash in the pan IMHO and Honda have gone back to dominance.

It may also have something to do with having a big enough budget and sponsors to secure riders of the likes of Doohan, Rossi, Stoner, Marquez etc. I don't know, at this point in time I can't see anything other than a gnarly injury stopping MM from taking another sodding championship.. Yawwwwn

*This is based purely off watching races, qualifying, and interviews. Needless to say, I have no personal experience with these machines! xD
    Its pretty simple works riders are generally better as evidenced by what happens when privateers fill in for works riders.
    The works bikes are clearly better. as evidenced by the better results of the privateers, but the privateers filling in on works bikes still fall short of the results achieved by the normal works rider.
    The works buke also enjoy far more development during the season, plus under the old old rules they also got better tyres.
    They do a lot more testing at most of the circuits in the off season and they have better teams.
    The works riders and teams are also better at setting up a bike for each circuit as they have all the initial setting sorted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    But Cal already has a ride.
    Well maybe at the start of each race

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    They do a lot more testing at most of the circuits in the off season
    Not quite sure what you mean here. Testing by contracted riders is stricly limited and controlled. There are less restrictions on KTM and Aprilia. Possibly also Suzuki but they may have lost some of their advantages now.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Possibly also Suzuki but they may have lost some of their advantages now.
    I think 1 more dry podium and they lose them, but only at the end of the year?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean here. Testing by contracted riders is stricly limited and controlled. There are less restrictions on KTM and Aprilia. Possibly also Suzuki but they may have lost some of their advantages now.
    i was meaning back the olden days..... back in my day son we used to etc etc...
    but the works bikes receive continued testing set up updates regardless of the rider and machine rules anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Lawson was apparently scary to watch in practise sessions as he practised losing the front regularly....without crashing.

He'd do it where he could be seen - to put the shits up the opposition.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Lawson was apparently scary to watch in practise sessions as he practised losing the front regularly....without crashing.

He'd do it where he could be seen - to put the shits up the opposition.
    I like the sound of this "Lawson" of which you speak. Sounds like a MM tactic for sure.

Thread Information