Page 70 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Well, another Lorenzo soft front tyre bolt and fade. Every time he asks his team to put a soft front on, they must be thinking "here we go again". I see Lorenzo is now blaming the shape of the tank for causing him braking woes and thus his backwards drift through the race.
    I'm losing faith that Maverick is ever going to get confidant again.
    Shame about Zarco, hopefully he will go good on the KTM.
    MM just too good this year, he has now grown into a unstoppable force - the complete racer, what a machine.
    I would say there is some merit in what JL is saying as Petrux and JM both ran the S/S fine, and if anyone could make it work it SHOULD be him. Just wish the cunt hadn't held Dani up so much so he could have made a run for JM and Rossi. Good ride by my homie with some decent injuries though, ditto Crashhigh.

MV, not sure he can ride around a problem it seems, if the bike isn't perfect he's nowhere... Read a comment from someone who was at the track saying the change Rossi made was to the gearing allowing him to short shift in places the others weren't to give him some exit drive rather than relying on the electronics to smooth out his wheel spin. GOAT showing his experience over the young gun. Not a perfect solution but did the job. Wonder if Yamaha are regretting signing MV for a few years already when there's so many fast riders queing up in moto2 for a seat?

Looking a bit like 2014 at the moment with MM able to pick and choose his moment, get in front then hold a gap. I don't think he was cruising but his method of crashing all weekend then not in the race seems to still be helping him get away with some shit that others aren't.

So much to talk about in all the classes for different reasons, epic racing all round.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Moto3 provided the best entertainment/ drama and plot twist that put Sixth Sense to shame. Well worth the watch.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Moto3 provided the best entertainment/ drama and plot twist that put Sixth Sense to shame. Well worth the watch.
    I squeeled like a little bitch when Kornfeil did that siek jump off Bastarninininianianis bike. Never ever seen anything like that in my life and to actually land it, keep it off the fence and keep going in gravel?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Go Yamaha and Go Rossi ! (and no rain please France ?).
    I'm happy enough with the 3 on the podium.
    A few get offs from the front,sad for #5 but not so much for #04 who looked like god had done a dirty on him, on his knees in the gravel pit.
    Doocatis looked good for a while, real happy for Petrucci. Miller up there.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I'm happy enough with the 3 on the podium.
    A few get offs from the front,sad for #5 but not so much for #04 who looked like god had done a dirty on him, on his knees in the gravel pit.
    Doocatis looked good for a while, real happy for Petrucci. Miller up there.
    Petrucci for factory Ducati!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Petrucci for factory Ducati!
    Nah, Jack Miller to Ducati, more chance of giving them a title I think as Petrux has had the full factory treatment quite a while and isn't always the most consistent in results. Miller looks so comfortable on that bike it's like it was made for him.

GO JACK!

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Nah, Jack Miller to Ducati, more chance of giving them a title I think as Petrux has had the full factory treatment quite a while and isn't always the most consistent in results. Miller looks so comfortable on that bike it's like it was made for him.

GO JACK!
    Precisely for that reason. He has good connection with factory Ducati and have been receiving top support past couple years. Basically junior in training before jumping into the position (waiting for Lorenzo's contract to end). Although a bit unpredictable, Petrucci has finished podium 5 times past two super competitive seasons too (including current).

Bike
    Blade '12
    Well that was both depressing and boring. Boring because all MM's real challengers fell off, screwing up the race, and depressing because all MM's challengers fell off screwing up the championship. There is only one Alien now and everybody else is lining up to get their arse kicked. He's a motorcycling God on a bike he loves. He can now afford to be conservative on the bad weekends and accumulate points and ruthless on the good weekends and obliterate the opposition. Fuck!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I squeeled like a little bitch when Kornfeil did that siek jump off Bastarninininianianis bike. Never ever seen anything like that in my life and to actually land it, keep it off the fence and keep going in gravel?
    We were out of our seats squealing, The last few laps had us at fever pitch, the dog was going nuts at the energy. Bloody chaos.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...he's only doing what VR did for many years...time and fate is such a big part... he is a definite contender for the big moniker of GOAT...time will tell...I love the little cunt for his absolute smile and demeanour...Go Vale...

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    The racing is closer than it has ever been in my memory in that the gap back to the next finishers is only a few seconds. Way back when especially in the 500 days, a rider could win by 10's of seconds and lap a few riders, and even as recently as the Rossi on Honda days we all remember Phillip Island where he got a 10 second penalty so just screwed up the wick on the RC211V and still won the race.

The Le Mans race, if you don't count the crashers, no one got lapped and 10th place was only 27 seconds behind. ECU, tyres, whatever, Dorna have made the racing much closer and we shouldn't be bitching about that and compared to the past as I'm saying above, how can that be boring?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    The racing is closer than it has ever been in my memory in that the gap back to the next finishers is only a few seconds. Way back when especially in the 500 days, a rider could win by 10's of seconds and lap a few riders, and even as recently as the Rossi on Honda days we all remember Phillip Island where he got a 10 second penalty so just screwed up the wick on the RC211V and still won the race.

The Le Mans race, if you don't count the crashers, no one got lapped and 10th place was only 27 seconds behind. ECU, tyres, whatever, Dorna have made the racing much closer and we shouldn't be bitching about that and compared to the past as I'm saying above, how can that be boring?
    The 4acing is great, but it's not my idea of grand prix.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    Fuck it, I'll take the bait!

What's your idea of Grand Prix, you old cunt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The 4acing is great, but it's not my idea of grand prix.
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post

He'd prefer all the riders to wear mankinis and ride pink scooters.

Even back to when Rossi and Lorenzo were duking it out in the late 200xs the racing was boring as all fuck, I used to watch all the other races then fast forward the gp race till the end stopping for the occasional good bit.

Recent years I have actually gone off moto3 a bit as its too much bonkers and grown moar love for the big bikes. Moto2 next year is going to be mint too with the tripples

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by ecko_nzed View Post

Grand prix was about the best vehicle and best driver. Most teams sacrificed (to a point) one or the other a bit.
    But there were set rules, and engineers exploited them as best they could. Now they get chopped at the knees with spec crap.

I love the racing, and the electronics are a good thing. Just not all coming from one shop.

Thread Information