Page 71 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Just not all coming from one shop.
    Presume you are talking about Magneti Marelli and it is interesting to think Italians got the job doing hardware and software for all teams. Not something in the past I had thought they were famous for being rated in that area.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Presume you are talking about Magneti Marelli and it is interesting to think Italians got the job doing hardware and software for all teams. Not something in the past I had thought they were famous for being rated in that area.
    I thought the same thing when it was announced. They've clearly gotten better, since the biks seem to still go when its raining.

Bike
    1993, Honda RVF400
    Blog Entries
    You being a handy rider and a dab hand at cobbling together some weird and wonderful machines I get where you are coming from, wanting the best engineers and the best riders competing.

I always thought of it more along the lines of the literal English meaning of Grand Prix, or great prize. With more emphasis on the riders competing for the greatest prize. The fact that they've evened the odds by the bikes more evenly matched with spec this and that, doesn't take away from the racing, it adds to it.

Grand prix was about the best vehicle and best driver. Most teams sacrificed (to a point) one or the other a bit.
    But there were set rules, and engineers exploited them as best they could. Now they get chopped at the knees with spec crap.

I love the racing, and the electronics are a good thing. Just not all coming from one shop.
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This is not news, it’s still more like speculation, but the source is usually well informed. Lorenzo to Suzuki, Iannone to Aprilia.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    What exactly is Crutchlow made of? Tungsten perhaps?
    What made it worse was no airbag. He hadn't changed his leathers after the previous crash when the airbag had gone off.

No idea how he raced the next day.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Looks like 2014 again. If MM hadn't had a brain explosion in Argentina, he'd have 120 points from a possible 125 now.

Still a long way to go through but it's hard to see anyone else coming close.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    What made it worse was no airbag. He hadn't changed his leathers after the previous crash when the airbag had gone off.

No idea how he raced the next day.
    He would have put a new gas canister in it I should think. They're good for two deployments before they need recertified. Well, the ones available for sale are at least.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    He would have put a new gas canister in it I should think. They're good for two deployments before they need recertified. Well, the ones available for sale are at least.
    Cal said there was no airbag when he crashed. Maybe the ones in the race suits are only single use.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Cal said there was no airbag when he crashed. Maybe the ones in the race suits are only single use.
    Yes, I read where he said that, pretty sure he also said he should have changed suits. It was reported that he had internal injuries but originally it didn't say what they were. Apparently he was bleeding into his lungs which doesn't sound like fun.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    The Alpinstars Tech Air has 2 bottles and the race version only use 1 bottle at a time, so they're good for 2 deployments/crashes. However, I'm sure the MotoGP guys aren't given the standard stuff sold to your average noddy so there's a good chance he's using something a bit more prototype like. Or something got damaged in the first crash so it didn't work in the second.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    This is not news, it’s still more like speculation, but the source is usually well informed. Lorenzo to Suzuki, Iannone to Aprilia.
    Rins on a precontract to Repsol too. I have a feeling either Iannone, Lorenzo or Dani might very well be out of a factory seat next year once the dust settles.

Both correct but Crutchlow said his one is only a single use, some of the others are rocking a double use. It was also said CC doesn't wear an undersuit like lots of the other riders to save on the 200 grams it weighs. As a result he couldn't get the suit off tween the FP4 and Q1 so just went out and hoped for the best. Guess he doesn't have an assistant like most riders to get out of them on a hot day (I know I've helped and been helped many times to unstick and arm in the leathers).

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Both correct but Crutchlow said his one is only a single use, some of the others are rocking a double use. It was also said CC doesn't wear an undersuit like lots of the other riders to save on the 200 grams it weighs. As a result he couldn't get the suit off tween the FP4 and Q1 so just went out and hoped for the best. Guess he doesn't have an assistant like most riders to get out of them on a hot day (I know I've helped and been helped many times to unstick and arm in the leathers).
    He doesn't wear an undersuit, I don't think many of the MotoGP riders do. If it's for weight saving, then that would explain the single use airbag.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Majority of crashes happen the same place they've always happened. Corner entry as the front brake is released. What's the question again?

Marquez is quicker into the turn, no argument here. He crashes three times the weekend just been. Sooner or later that's gonna cost him through injury though.

Everyone else holds back from that limit, though most have adopted a more front end style of riding since the young fella came along and schooled them all.
    Yes freddy spencer was the same he push the bike from get go though was able push over the limit. i think cost him fryed his brain
    doing the double mm seems not to like making break away like spencer and leading from front like gorgre does too.
    i guess u more likey crash that way or just alot hard work. when can leave till tires drop off and u can stretch your advantage.
    does seem smarter move you only win accross the line. dovi seems smartest in that reguard well last year any ways.
    Is Cassey not tsting for ducati this year , see no mention of him at the tests .wonder if he recomend jack for the factory seat.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    I thought the same thing when it was announced. They've clearly gotten better, since the biks seem to still go when its raining.
    In speaking of that off topic but who bright idea at honda had lotus doing the worrld superbikes the honda fireblade seems a total dog.
    yet its leading aussie superbikes . i cant work why honda dont take over the wsb team they ones in charge seem hopeless.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I have a feeling either Iannone, Lorenzo or Dani might very well be out of a factory seat next year once the dust settles.
    The big topic on social media last night was Lorenzo and his exceedingly limited options. He could be out of a ride which for a five time champ is harsh indeed.
    Option one is stay where he is but he'll need to pull something out of a hat to even do that.
    Option two is Suzuki.
    There isn't an obvious option three. Honda occasionally run a third factory bike, Yamaha have resisted that in the past.

Thread Information