Page 76 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Apparently Lorenzo was asked by an Italian journo if the result would change his attitude to riding a Ducati. His reply was that it's too late for that.

The Mugello result might not actually be indicative of anything likely to happen in future, the tyres have such a major effect on each race. This time the tyres affected Honda badly but most or all of the top finishers had repeated front end losses toward the end because the track temperature was too high for the tyres supplied. Next time out it might be somebody else's turn to suffer.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Multiple sources reporting that Pedrosa has been told there is no place for him at Repsol Honda. Apparently Miller was approached by HRC but declined, other sources now have Lorenzo heading to Honda or Marc VDS or team Nieto or team SIC.

So far I haven't seen a prediction of where Pedro is going.

Meanwhile in Austria, Marc Marquez has tested a Red Bull F1 car. Pedrosa is also to get a drive but 2 and 2 does not equal 6.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...e-repsol-honda

Official. Fingers crossed he goes to another competitive bike.
    Mir to Repsol
    Dani to Suzuki

You read it here first

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Lorenzo to Repsol Honda would be awesome.
    Dani to Suzuki...in time I could learn to like the leetle fella.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    I reckon it would be a disaster move for Lorenzo to go with Repsol Honda. It looks to be a very hard bike to get the best out off. Crashlow crashes every other race, Dani has struggled with it and MM wins by seemingly having 2 to 3 spectacular front end saves every race that currently only he can pull off. I do not see a rider like Lorenzo fitting well with that recipe for winning.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Lorenzo to Honda. Didn't see that coming.

Bike
    KTM 250exc

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Lorenzo to Honda lol.

Wow, that's a curve ball. As much as I like JL I don't see him capable of riding it as well as Dani or Marc. Time well tell but if he struggled with the Duc...

So that leaves Mir going to Suzuki (still not officially announced) and Dani?

Options left are:
    Ducati
    Aprilia
    Then stacks of satellite bikes

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The guesswork is wild but the most common pick for Pedro is a Yamaha. Crutchlow has said Dani would have been world champ on a Yamaha. Dani’s big problem though is getting heat into the tyres and the Yamaha is easy on tyres so that may not be a simple matter.

Similarly Lorenzo did best on the high corner speed Yamaha. Now he is going to the very physical point and squirt Honda.

If Mir goes to Suzuki as predicted that would appear less than ideal, two young riders to develop the bike.

We shouldn’t have to wait long for confirmation of the moves, this week or next?

Bike
    77 XL250
    The media speculation over the last month of who is sleeping/signing with who has been worthy of Coronation Street. I am just going to wait until the deals are signed.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    I knew Dani should have been quietly looking for another ride as soon as Puig was appointed. Pedrossa on the Suzuki would be a damn good combination I reckon.

Lorenzo going to Honda has got to be as bad as Lorenzo going to Ducati to start with. It'll take almost the entire 2 years to figure out how not to crash the thing. Last race he finally stomped all over everybody and next year he's going to go back to spending most of his time trying to figure out how to ride a bike that doesn't suit his riding style at all.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Agree with all the above statements. I think Dani may have kept his seat if he hadn't had one the worst starts to a season imaginable:

Qatar: Shit tyre
    Argie: Taken out by zeee freench
    Murica': Rode bravely with a fucked wrist
    Jerez: Taken out by zeeee Mexican mobile chicane spartan mamba
    Le Mans: Rode brakely with even more injuries, got held up by zeeee Mexican mobile chicane spartan mamba
    Mugello: Crashed his good bike so qualied terrible, then took himself out and another trying to make up for it

Throw in the fact he fired Puig and he was never going to keep the seat. Should have jumped ship years ago though I think he's missed the train big time on a bike he could be brilliant on without hurting himself every other week.

Never know though Zarco has been wayyy faster than the others on the sat Yamaha a far few rounds so Dani might not be held back too much by the satellite crew.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I knew Dani should have been quietly looking for another ride as soon as Puig was appointed. Pedrossa on the Suzuki would be a damn good combination I reckon.

Lorenzo going to Honda has got to be as bad as Lorenzo going to Ducati to start with. It'll take almost the entire 2 years to figure out how not to crash the thing. Last race he finally stomped all over everybody and next year he's going to go back to spending most of his time trying to figure out how to ride a bike that doesn't suit his riding style at all.
    I had thought Honda was a very refined bike and easier to ride compared to Ducati, which was a tough bike to master. So when Casey Stoner went from Ducati to Repsol in 2011 he single handedly dominated the championship.

But again, that's 2011 so...

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I had thought Honda was a very refined bike and easier to ride compared to Ducati, which was a tough bike to master. So when Casey Stoner went from Ducati to Repsol in 2011 he single handedly dominated the championship.

But again, that's 2011 so...
    Totally different bike to then, that and Casey Stoner is Casey Stoner. He had already ridden a Honda too my bro.

JL going to suffer big time, saving grace may be he's been a fucking demon on the brakes on the Ducati but I don't see him loading up the front like the other do to begin with. Wont be back to square one for him though so lets give him a shot. Will be hilarious if he beats MM and well worth a flutter in 2020.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    The media speculation over the last month of who is sleeping/signing with who has been worthy of Coronation Street.
    That was as nothing. It really took off last night our time. Oxley had just written his piece for Motorsport Magazine but he was advising people to read it quick, it might be out of date by today.

David Emmett was the most confident. From memory he had Lorenzo to Yamaha, Pedro to Honda, Mir to Suzuki and Petrucci to Ducati.

Miller might still have a chance though because he is supposed to have turned down the Repsol ride. He had to have a reason to do that. Most tracks require a lot of rear brake to get the Ducati turned, Miller is happy with that as was Stoner due to their early days on oiled dirt tracks.

Somebody commented on Zarco riding the satellite Yamaha to good effect. Apparently the electrics are better sorted on that bike than on this year's model. Next year the satellite riders will be riding this years model which may or may not be sorted by then.

Thread Information