Page 88 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Apparently, Crashlow would of been on the podium is it were not for lamo CC excuse #938 " It was an epic battle etc etc, but to be in it on a Honda is a disaster, because our bike doesn’t work when we’re in groups."
    Link to full article here.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Apparently, Crashlow would of been on the podium is it were not for lamo CC excuse #938 " It was an epic battle etc etc, but to be in it on a Honda is a disaster, because our bike doesn’t work when we’re in groups."
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coulda3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	337453xxxx

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Jeepers, he has a lot to say about it . If he was as good as Marc he'd just pass the other riders like Marc does .
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Jeepers, he has a lot to say about it . If he was as good as Marc he'd just pass the other riders like Marc does .
    Thats the thing we know how good he is as he keeps telling us how Marc and previously Dani are better riders than him and he just has to work at it harder to ride as good. CC banged his dick on the table and it wasn't as big as the others this time out. Credit to him singing Rins praises though, agree 100% that Rins rode a fohking good race considering he got lapped last year!

Zarco has some good insight into the other riders though on crash about how they kept their energy levels up. Seems he is learning every race only problem is the guys hes going against been at it a very long time and already know all the tricks. Smart guy.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A tad harsh perhaps, considering Marquez said the same thing. It was only when MM got to the front near the end that he could get the best from the bike. Previously if he used the wider cornering lines the Honda needs, someone would do a block pass on him.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 3rd July 2018 at 19:03.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Maybe they need to nobble the doocati with a weight penalty to stop them catching up on the straights ?

Funnier things have happened ? (maybe intake restrictors ?).

Michelin need to fix their rubber if following in a group overheats tyres,just seems crazy to me ?

Hard not to see #93 getting another Title,he's so good. Like to see Vale win tho.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I think Marquez will have to injure himself before Rossi or the others would have a chance. Right now, he has all the cards.

As an aside; I note the TAB has dropped Lorenzo as the season runner-up favourite. He is now in fifth place. Funny how quickly the MotoGP swings and roundabouts work. I expect to see him back near the top of the list after Austria
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I think Marquez will have to injure himself before Rossi or the others would have a chance. Right now, he has all the cards.

As an aside; I note the TAB has dropped Lorenzo as the season runner-up favourite. He is now in fifth place. Funny how quickly the MotoGP swings and roundabouts work. I expect to see him back near the top of the list after Austria
    Yes it can very quickly turn to poo with an injury. But if anyone has any experience getting a bike around a track,they will appreciate, #93 is something special.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I note that Marquez did not crash this round. The question is why? Is he being sensible (Tui) or has the Law of Physics finally given up on him?
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Hard not to see #93 getting another Title,he's so good. Like to see Vale win tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    if anyone has any experience getting a bike around a track,they will appreciate, #93 is something special.
    Unfortunately, I fear you're right. There's no denying that he's an incredibly talented rider/athlete. Infinitely fitter and more capable than I am. But fuck me has he made one of my favourite sports dull. The racing itself is alright but it's as repetitive as WSBK right now, IMHO..

Rea wins, Rea wins, Rea wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins..

I was at a local motorcycling event recently, just some fun and games in a field, and after every event they played the spanish national anthem for a laugh (known here as the MotoGP theme song). I know that Rossi was the same, back in the early 2000's in the premier class but currently I would love to see Marquez switch to Aprilia or KTM.. Nerf him to make the racing a bit more random. Actually, swapping the riders all over so the factory riders are all put on satellite bikes and the satellite riders onto the factory rides, and switch up the manufacturers... That'd show who the good, adaptable riders really are!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Unfortunately, I fear you're right. There's no denying that he's an incredibly talented rider/athlete. Infinitely fitter and more capable than I am. But fuck me has he made one of my favourite sports dull. The racing itself is alright but it's as repetitive as WSBK right now, IMHO..
    Yeah... when I was watching Assen I was sitting there thinking to myself "you know what this is almost exactly like Laguna Seca last weekend... even the fucking weather is the same!"

Rins very nearly arsed it up going through the last chicane. Went into the chicane hot with five bike lengths on Vinales and ten on Dovi... wound up getting second by half a tenth and beat Dovi by 1.5 tenths. Did he make any other mistakes?

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L

Rea wins, Rea wins, Rea wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins..
    I reckon it has been great this year. It hasn't been like you say that much at all as he has only won half of the races. It actually is Dovi wins, Crutchlow wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Jorge wins, Jorge wins and Marquez wins. That is quite different to the year he won 10 on the trot.

I don't find the racing dull at all given the variability which seems to be mainly caused by the damn tyres.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    But fuck me has he made one of my favourite sports dull. The racing itself is alright but it's as repetitive as WSBK right now, IMHO..
    That must be a wind up? From the general reaction around the traps I'm assuming that was a GP fpr the ages. MM didn't get a clear run at the front until the last few laps. Funny though, I seemed to recall it was Lorenzo won the previous two races.

Anyhoo it was good enough that I might watch it again before I delete it. If I could figure out how, I'd even burn a DVD. There's a thought
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That must be a wind up? From the general reaction around the traps I'm assuming that was a GP fpr the ages. MM didn't get a clear run at the front until the last few laps. Funny though, I seemed to recall it was Lorenzo won the previous two races.

Anyhoo it was good enough that I might watch it again before I delete it. If I could figure out how, I'd even burn a DVD. There's a thought
    i recorded it on our dvd player.I can burn a dvd if you like.I am gonna watch it again.I have been following motogp since at least 1978(and have almost as many moto courses.I just sat there in astonishment for the first 10 laps.When rins and MV joined the fray too i couldnt beleive it!

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    i recorded it on our dvd player.I can burn a dvd if you like.I am gonna watch it again.
    Thanks for the kind offer. I have the race recorded on the SKY box. There is a DVD recorder here that I've never really used. I could never set it up because I only had the dish and the first thing it wanted to do was tune in to the terrestrial channels and I didn't have any and couldn't get past that stage. Now though I do have an aerial - and a dish. I should get the manual out and learn how to use this thing.

Thread Information