Page 89 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A tad harsh perhaps, considering Marquez said the same thing. It was only when MM got to the front near the end that he could get the best from the bike. Previously if he used the wider cornering lines the Honda needs, someone would do a block pass on him.
    Possibly a fair statement, but it seemed that way for all riders on all brands, not just honda - I may be wrong and often are

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Possibly a fair statement, but it seemed that way for all riders on all brands, not just honda - I may be wrong and often are
    Holy crap! A reasonable man on kiwibiker.

Sharpen your act up and get with the program or you'll make us all look bad.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...g-scary-boring

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    Possibly a fair statement, but it seemed that way for all riders on all brands, not just honda
    Both Crutchlow and Marquez mentioned the wide entry the Honda needs as being a problem in traffic. Seeing that they both thought it worthy of mention, and seeing that they both know a fucking lot more than me, I'll accept that their problem with the entry line must be more pronounced than what is normal.

A few weeks ago when reports about the problem of overheating front tyres on following bikes were raised, some here expressed doubts. Now that the problem has been confirmed by riders I take it we can accept that as a given?

Someone suggested Michelin needed to sort their act. My guess would be that if a rider approached Michelin they'd just suggest a harder option tyre. It was the soft front that was overheating in Assen IIRC. Those tyres have very restricted performance envelopes and it was similar for Bridgestones. They're amazing within their intended range but that range is exceedingly limited.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Both Crutchlow and Marquez mentioned the wide entry the Honda needs as being a problem in traffic. Seeing that they both thought it worthy of mention, and seeing that they both know a fucking lot more than me, I'll accept that their problem with the entry line must be more pronounced than what is normal.

A few weeks ago when reports about the problem of overheating front tyres on following bikes were raised, some here expressed doubts. Now that the problem has been confirmed by riders I take it we can accept that as a given?

Someone suggested Michelin needed to sort their act. My guess would be that if a rider approached Michelin they'd just suggest a harder option tyre. It was the soft front that was overheating in Assen IIRC. Those tyres have very restricted performance envelopes and it was similar for Bridgestones. They're amazing within their intended range but that range is exceedingly limited.
    Yup why should Mitchie "fix" a problem that only exists for one manufacturer and on a bike that has won more than half the races this year if you include CCs win?

Was thinking bout the wind and Dani. Apparently it was the windiest it had been all weekend during the race and from a different direction. Wonder how hard it would be to get a big bike to turn in the wind at his size?
    Announcement on his future to be made at the next round, some press saying its the Yamaha deal others saying that if it was that they'd not do a special announcement so he's retiring. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Blade '12

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Thanks for the kind offer. I have the race recorded on the SKY box. There is a DVD recorder here that I've never really used. I could never set it up because I only had the dish and the first thing it wanted to do was tune in to the terrestrial channels and I didn't have any and couldn't get past that stage. Now though I do have an aerial - and a dish. I should get the manual out and learn how to use this thing.
    i had the dvd recorder hooked up to my older sky decoder.All the decoders are now mysky compatible so when sky came to investigate a almost daily "rain fade" problem they replaced our old decoder ,and left my dvd player/recorder unplugged.You can however plug the dvd player /recorder into the mysky box via plain pld rca plugs(i think).I dont know you can get the recordings off the mysky box.Anyways i will leave this episode on the dvd recorder,and should you wish to take up my offer in the near future it stands.As it happens i may be in New Plymouth soon too

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Can anyone explain to me what this DVD thing is everyone is going on about?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Unfortunately, I fear you're right. There's no denying that he's an incredibly talented rider/athlete. Infinitely fitter and more capable than I am. But fuck me has he made one of my favourite sports dull. The racing itself is alright but it's as repetitive as WSBK right now, IMHO..

Rea wins, Rea wins, Rea wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Marquez wins, Doohan wins, Doohan wins , Doohan wins...

!

Some people are bloody hard to please...

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

Kids these days.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

DVD is an old technology and you probably haven't heard of it. Apparently in the old days you had to have a spinning disk of some sort to store things on.

Cheers

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    DVD is an old technology and you probably haven't heard of it. Apparently in the old days you had to have a spinning disk of some sort to store things on.

Cheers
    Can I insert a DVD in to my cloud or do I need an ap for that?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    haha no cloud,just insert it !

Just had a mild panic,the wife had HDVM2 on the big TV nothing else ???
    Under cross examination she cracked and confessed to cleaning behind the TV ????
    I said, you're lucky there's no GP on this weekend or I'd have to smash ya !!

I love technology ,when it works !!!!!!!

(I'm probably the one that would've been smashed ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    haha no cloud,just insert it !

Just had a mild panic,the wife had HDVM2 on the big TV nothing else ???
    Under cross examination she cracked and confessed to cleaning behind the TV ????
    I said, you're lucky there's no GP on this weekend or I'd have to smash ya !!

I love technology ,when it works !!!!!!!

(I'm probably the one that would've been smashed ?).
    I move a lot of tellies out the way in my job. I can tell you that in my experience yours is the 9nly one that's been cleaned behind since it was put there.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Cleaned behind ours last spring, first time in 6 years though...

Our PC is behind the TV and the dust was blocking up the cpu heat sink and it kept lagging when I streamed the gp. A good clean out and full speed ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I move a lot of tellies out the way in my job. I can tell you that in my experience yours is the 9nly one that's been cleaned behind since it was put there.
    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ah yes. When the guy came to fit my aerial I cleaned behind the TV because I knew his wife and I didn't want a bad report. It wouldn't have been perfect but at least it didn't make him sneeze.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information