Page 90 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There are currently reports being released of Aspar Ducati quitting the MotoGP grid at years end. It's reported that the most of the affected mechanics are headed to the SIC Nieto satellite Yamaha team.

OK the press releases are out now so it ain't just a rumour.

All of which might be stealing some of the thunder from Pedro's special press conference. Or not. Alex Marquez has been tipped for one of the seats.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    seem to be reports that Dani is to announce his retirement but the rumour mill has been very wrong already this season

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    seem to be reports that Dani is to announce his retirement but the rumour mill has been very wrong already this season
    We'll just have to wait unti Thursday night. The top pick for one seat is Morbidelli with Quateraro mentioned as a chance. Meantime our guesses are as good as anybody else's.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    It will come down to the spec of the bikes I think. If they aren't full factory bikes then Dani will call it a day

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Just caught up on the Assen race. Why was there suddenly such good tight racing? Weird. Fantastic to watch, but very odd.

I have no real reason not to like MM, none I can justify of someone with such skill. But I dislike him anyway!

Bike
    husaberg
    Wait and see.
    Dear all,
    Finally I have taken my decision concerning my future. I want to inform everyone personally and at the same time.
    For this reason, in Sachsenring I will give a press conference for this matter.
    I please ask everyone to respect my decision to wait until then to make my announcement.
    Thanks very much in advance
    Dani Pedrosa
    Having lost his Repsol Honda seat to Jorge Lorenzo, Pedrosa has been linked to the proposed new Petronas/SIC Yamaha team - but is also thought to have been considering retirement.
    The fact Pedrosa is calling a press conference to announce his future arguably suggests he has decided on the latter. A move to another team would normally be signalled by a press release.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Just caught up on the Assen race. Why was there suddenly such good tight racing? Weird. Fantastic to watch, but very odd.

I have no real reason not to like MM, none I can justify of someone with such skill. But I dislike him anyway!
    i reckon it was the wind...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The pundits credit the track, they say flowing tracks can produce great racing. Presumably as opposed to the glorified Go Kart tracks that we see too often these days.
    Phillip Island is another track that can turn it on when the lads come out to play.

That and the fact that the Honda riders couldn't function properly in traffic so MM didn't clear off until near the end.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Dunno why they felt the need to use three riders for this but we can assume they know what they are doing. Apparently the 2019 Moto2 bikes will have more advanced electronics than the current crop.

Anyhoo Kalex have put this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5y...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Dunno why they felt the need to use three riders for this but we can assume they know what they are doing. Apparently the 2019 Moto2 bikes will have more advanced electronics than the current crop.

Anyhoo Kalex have put this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5y...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Ahhhh I'm going out on a limb here but maybe, just maybe, more feedback? And if you mean 'just for the video' then more exposure to the public.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Ahhhh I'm going out on a limb here but maybe, just maybe, more feedback? And if you mean 'just for the video' then more exposure to the public.
    Welcome back

And yeah, I meant the vid. I must play that again with the 'phones on.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I must play that again with the 'phones on.
    It's a darn fine soundtrack.

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    It's a darn fine soundtrack.
    Shud sound like this...

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    There have been some amazing sounding Triple race bikes over the years... These are my faves..

(^ This is from a brilliant Doco, by the way. Foggy: Against All Odds)

I'll put that Kalex video through the hifi at home tonight, see what we're dealing with.. I suspect it's just going to sound like a loud Daytona/Stripple but, hey, nothing wrong with that!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    My prediction is Sachsenring is going to be an incredibly tight and competitive race for........ 2nd place - MM all the way!

Thread Information