Page 94 of 142 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    77 XL250
    Not that young Karel is a roadblock though. He has put in a few good performances finishing ahead of what you could call 'paid' riders. I really rate Bautista though and would love to see him on a more competitive bike. He would be goos in WSBK but I would rather see him beside Morbidelli in the real series.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Not that young Karel is a roadblock though. He has put in a few good performances finishing ahead of what you could call 'paid' riders. I really rate Bautista though and would love to see him on a more competitive bike. He would be goos in WSBK but I would rather see him beside Morbidelli in the real series.
    What it comes down to is too many good riders and too few bikes to field them.
    One of em needs to go give Rea a run for his money.

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    What it comes down to is too many good riders and too few bikes to field them.
    One of em needs to go give Rea a run for his money.

The kawasaki is a very good bike And rea is a very good rider.No one can challenge him though it seems like the Yamaha is coming good.The Ducati seems like a real handful this year.The past few years Davies has had the speed to challenge Rea on occasions but seems on the absolute limit to do so.This year no one can get near JR...Its a little bit boring

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Yeah according to his race report the soft front was fine for JL it was the rear that cost him. He is the rider most likely to take it to MM for the rest of the year for sure, can't wait to see them both on the Honda.

According to my understanding of what MM was saying, the left side of the soft lasted better than the medium. Of course, he takes the time in practice to find out this shit.

If you have VideoPass or the race recorded somewhere, have a look at his rear tyre in parc ferme. The shot is of the right side, but it looks in great condition.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    According to my understanding of what MM was saying, the left side of the soft lasted better than the medium. Of course, he takes the time in practice to find out this shit.

If you have VideoPass or the race recorded somewhere, have a look at his rear tyre in parc ferme. The shot is of the right side, but it looks in great condition.
    The problem for everyone else was MM was in the 21s on his 3rd lap of FP1 or some crazy shit. So basically while everyone was chasing set up and laptimes, he spent the whole 2 days perfecting his riding and bike to go the distance. His base set up on the Honda this year is brilliant so he's not trying to turn the bike inside out to make it competitive every FP.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    The kawasaki is a very good bike And rea is a very good rider.No one can challenge him though it seems like the Yamaha is coming good.The Ducati seems like a real handful this year.The past few years Davies has had the speed to challenge Rea on occasions but seems on the absolute limit to do so.This year no one can get near JR...Its a little bit boring
    I'm looking forward to see what Bologna can offer in the Panigale V4-R which I think is supposed to be released to race next year? They've had to lop 100cc off the engine to get it homologated for WSBK so yeah, that could be interesting. I hope it delivers what the factory and series need to get rid of all that green everywhere!

Anywho, back to MotoGP chat!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Bautista apparently was put wrong by the Ducati engineers on which direction to go, they turned the bike upside down and boom he's got the feel to ride it. Goes to show how silly the early silly season can be. TBH I don't remember any stand out performances by him in the time I have been watching, doesn't mean they weren't there he's just not stood out in the pack.

That said having Karel Abrahim keep his seat ahead of arguably more talented riders (including Bautista) due to his funding looks a bit shit for the sport with the grid shrinking next year.
    Back in his days on the wee bikes Bautista was exciting, sometimes too much so - like when he looped a bike while celebrating his finishing place. The guy was very quick but he has never had a top package since. Like Shaun Harris said, you need the complete package. And very few get that.

Given the right kit, and the perception of a real chance, he could give the SBK tree a bloody good shake.

Abraham is a special case. A very special case. He can race until his dad gets pissed off paying.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    No one mentioned Bradley Smith finishing 10th? That was a pretty solid effort, although his teammate had a major brain explosion.

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    No one mentioned Bradley Smith finishing 10th? That was a pretty solid effort, although his teammate had a major brain explosion.
    I thought about it and then I thought about Pol, Rins, Iannone and Millar all disappearing... and then I thought.... nah.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Some clever bastards were involved in that. Get more bikes on the grid, then fiddle things under the guise of making the slow bikes competitive and eventually pushing out rules for a single class where the entire field qualifies within 2 seconds and last place in the race is only 1/2 a lap behind. And, they're still breaking track records. I'm sure the factories are a quietly annoyed they got manipulated, but it was to the benefit of everyone including them.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So while we wait for the GP riders to finish their holidays there is the Suzuka Eight Hour this weekend. Mr Rea has set the paddock abuzz with an unofficial lap record nine tenths under Pol Espagero's existing record in the second practice session. He was not on qualifying tyres. Suzuka has a true "Superpole" qualifying - one bike on the track at a time. Be interesting to see what Mr Rea can do with that.

Three of the Japanese manufacturers have a full factory team entered this year, as well as the normal factory supported teams. I don't know where we can get TV coverage but Asphalt and Rubber have people on the ground in Suzuka and are promising frequent updates.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rac...w/#more-154527

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So much for the Super Pole! There is a typhoon creating some problems for the organisers, so they have reportedly switched to a forty minute qualifying session. Here's hoping the typhoon doesn't get too close.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Thanks for the reminder.

Bike
    R100GSPD

Thread Information