Page 99 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Well they've had over a year already. If the electronics worked they could at least minimise a crank weight problem. It would seem that now they are becoming aware that there is a problem; Yamaha have issued an apology to the riders.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...-fix-it/268133
    its more this years bike i think Zarco hasother issues but he has qualified better than the factory boys again

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    You got a link to what Frits says? I want to read it.
    Some further reading
    http://www.superbikeplanet.com/julia...kshaft-engine/
    https://motomatters.com/news/2008/02...ines_work.html
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature...ther-of-the-m1
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...s-bigger-bucks
    https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/80...l-never-return
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...Bang-explained
    note from what i now know the Honda NSR500 big bang was actually firing twice 0 and at 90 degrees.
    Honda always said it was 68 degrees but what they were referring to is the crankpin offset that the 112 degree v angle needs for 90 degree firing.
    So it has two cylinder firing at 0 degrees and another two at 90 degrees then a 270 degree rest period.
    the screamer has 0 degree for two cylinders and the other two 180 degrees later.
    the First few years were 0-90-180-270 firing.

NSR500 1984-1990-1991
    000----090----180----270----360
    -1-------3--------2-------4-------1-

Screamer - V4 2-Stroke (180 degree motor) ie the two up NSR500 90-91 and then 1997- onwards
    000----090----180----270----360
    1&3------------2&4------------1&3

Big Bang - V4 2-Stroke NSR500 1992-1997
    000----090----180----270----360---090
    1&4----2&3--------------------1&4---2&3

the Big bang effectively replicates a rc30 or two ducatis miror imaged side by side. but firing twice a often aand without the silly valves etc.
    here is a big bang and a screamer noise comparison first one going past is a screamer second is a big bang
    here
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    1st and 2nd earned their money in the Motogp race.
    Yamaha will be thankful they have Rossi who is a Sunday man.

Nice to have plenty of engine noise in Austria, went a long way to drown out the commentators. lol.

Great fighting in Moto2.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Spoiler alert

George used to prefer to win by disappearing into the distance if he could. He may still prefer to do it that way, but now he can do it the other way if he has to. Taking Marquez on and coming out on top ain't easy.

I had been nodding off but the last few laps woke me up.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    George used to prefer to win by disappearing into the distance if he could. He may still prefer to do it that way, but now he can do it the other way if he has to. Taking Marquez on and coming out on top ain't easy.

Better than me I fell asleep during moto2 and only woke up at 1:30 lol!
    Was like fuck! Sounds like I didnt miss the most exiting race though so not too gutted.

Just watched the press conference and Jorge alluded to the Mitchies being the reason he no longer can go off like a scolded cat.
    Next year is going to be epic I think

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Better than me I fell asleep during moto2 and only woke up at 1:30 lol!
    Was like fuck! Sounds like I didnt miss the most exiting race though so not too gutted.
    The MotoGP website is kindly offering the last lap for free:

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2018...-battle/268346
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    This is probably just my massive, long-term Rossi fan bias talking.. But there's just something about Lorenzo and something about Marquez which just stops me from liking them.

As usual, I have to say that they are incredibly talented riders, far more capable than I am, etc etc, but fuck me, I like Biaggi and Gibernau more than those two, and I couldn't stand them "back in the day".. I can't put my finger on what it is but there's just something about them which rubs me up the wrong way.

And it isn't purely because they consistently beat Vale, there are heaps of guys out there who can do that which don't shit me up the wall as much as these two lads.
    FaceBrick

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I used to enjoy Horhay in 250, he can fight no doubt.
    Not surprised he is bettering Dovi this year.
    (Dovi had his reasons and a long face in Ferme,see that ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    250's were an awesome class!

I still remember him fucking off the front and just disappearing though. When I was at PI in 2007, that's pretty much all he did all weekend.. The talented twat!
    FaceBrick

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    This is probably just my massive, long-term Rossi fan bias talking.. But there's just something about Lorenzo and something about Marquez which just stops me from liking them.

As usual, I have to say that they are incredibly talented riders, far more capable than I am, etc etc, but fuck me, I like Biaggi and Gibernau more than those two, and I couldn't stand them "back in the day".. I can't put my finger on what it is but there's just something about them which rubs me up the wrong way.

And it isn't purely because they consistently beat Vale, there are heaps of guys out there who can do that which don't shit me up the wall as much as these two lads.
    Its funny as when I first came into watching Motogp ('08ish) it was Rossi who I disliked: how when he came into Parc Ferme after coming 3rd or 2nd how he never looked happy and would go straight to his engineers to give them a debrief rather than enjoying the moment. It was JL I cheered on as he was beating the established hero. The last few years at Ducati have shown what a class act he is, to re invent his riding style to beat a guy that has been on that bike for wayyyy longer than him was no small feat. Character wise you need to remember the upbringing these guys have had its hardly normal; to have a career starting when you are 4 years old... So you can't measure them with the same yard stick as anyone else I think. I wouldn't be surprised to find he is on the autism spectrum either.

MM is a racer personified, he loves to be out on track, loves winning but loves a good battle more. The sparkle in his eye hasn't dulled from when we first saw him cleaning up in 125s. Hope he remains fit and healthy like Rossi till he's 40 as he sets one hell of a high bench mark for anyone with plans to win a title. So long as at some stage he leaves Honda to another bike to prove the doubters (myself included) that he could adapt his riding style to suit a bike that won't bend to his will.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Not surprised he is bettering Dovi this year.
    (Dovi had his reasons and a long face in Ferme,see that ?).
    Yeah he didn't look cheerful in the press debrief either.

JL is one hard fucker to pass on the Ducati and until he can find a way to do that he's going to struggle. If you look at the crashes at Jerez and Le Mans for Dovi you could argue both were caused by his frustration at getting through on JL.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Dovi needs to put a hard and uncompromising pass on JL right at the start. This getting stuck behind and burn the tyres out is getting to be a theme.
    I too have trouble liking JL and for a while MM too, but JL has really grown some nads of late and totally deserved his win. Well done JL - but your still a prick
    How MM stayed on that bike through the last handful of laps I will never know - A riding God walking the earth!
    Rossi still going pretty bloody well on a less than optimum bike. Vinales - what a soft cock sook he has turned out to be.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I think Vinales has given up and is doing a Pedrosa (Finishing the season without injury).
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    JL reminds me so much of Biaggi-its the arrogance I reckon-and the fancy white scarves (he has several)and the way he never says thanks to the lackey who delivers said scarves, does he ever thank anyone.I did not see any hand shake or pat on the back with Dovi in Ferme either.He sure can ride though.

Thread Information