Funny article when he meantioned the weightlessness felt by astronauts

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Why is that?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    Why is that?
    Yeah I wondered about that. He was upside down, arse in the air, looking back at the number 1 on the front of the bike.

OK that doesn't happen on my bike, but it is heavier (so am I) and it doesn't have those carbon/carbon brakes.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah I wondered about that. He was upside down, arse in the air, looking back at the number 1 on the front of the bike.

OK that doesn't happen on my bike, but it is heavier (so am I) and it doesn't have those carbon/carbon brakes.
    NSR250 unexpectedly threw me up onto the front screen once at taupo (T6). The end of my glove fingers caught the lever and slammed front brake on.

Happened during a warm up lap and I'd decided I didn't need to brake into the corner so was just going back to a regular throttle grip. Was not prepared for braking forces whatsoever, Nek minnut...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Love how he described himself as a mortal cobsidering his racing achievements. Good writer that Oxley.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Love how he described himself as a mortal cobsidering his racing achievements. Good writer that Oxley.

Matt Oxley is good, but the best analysis is probably Davd Emmett on the Motomatters website. You'd want to have a few coldies lined up before reading his longer articles though.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Matt Oxley is good, but the best analysis is probably Davd Emmett on the Motomatters website. You'd want to have a few coldies lined up before reading his longer articles though.
    Yeah David Emmett is great reading. Gets all the low down without speculating too much on BS like the other news outlets trying to get clicks. Motomatters barely even has any ads on the site which is great. Does need a bit of a spruce in IMO if he wants to attract more readers

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    David Emmett and Neil Morrison produce the Paddock Pass podcast too. You can access it from the MotoMatters page or wherever you usually get podcasts. Handy to play while you're doing the dishes, washing the bike or whatever.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    husaberg

You probably know anyway, but Carbon brakes have a braking curve that requires heat to perform. You grab the brake and get nothing until to heat is generated then according to everyone it comes on with a bang and it gets stronger as the heat brings the brake up to temp and gets hotter.
    But all the bikes brakes are the same in MGP. Although I would suggest they have got much better at getting up to temp in the preceding years with improved tech.
    You can set the bikes up to be better under brakes by trading off other areas like Kevin Schwantz used to by making the Cg lower and wheelbase longer but its a traction and handling trade off. The Ducati appears to have a speed advantage so maybe that's what they are doing now. by using that speed advantage and tailoring the bike to be upright for longer they are playing to their strength by making the straights effectively longer.

IF it was just a small issue of not being able to get into a position to brace himself, Its interesting that Ducati would not alter the bike in such a small way to tailor to suit Lorenzo earlier?
    Maybe until then Lorenzo actually didn't know what he actually wanted or needed.
    I do remember tales that Ducati like Ferrari F1 management only believes what is printed in the media over the feedback their riders give them.

But its interesting because I have always seen George as a classic wide arc 250 high corner speed racer.
    So maybe he really has only just now learned it not the way to ride the Ducati fast?
    I used to enjoy how everytime he rode one of Doohans bikes Mick used to brief him before and afterwards. As to how to ride it.
    He used to report that Mick just used to say oh its only because you hadn't rode it as long as me, rather than the Mick having a bit of superhuman talent advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    NSR250 unexpectedly threw me up onto the front screen once at taupo (T6). The end of my glove fingers caught the lever and slammed front brake on.

Happened during a warm up lap and I'd decided I didn't need to brake into the corner so was just going back to a regular throttle grip. Was not prepared for braking forces whatsoever, Nek minnut...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Yeah, you don't need carbon brakes for that sort of thing....a mate of mine was sneaking around the outside of the field, turn 1 NZF2GP at Ruapuna, riding his 250TZ when Rodney O'Connor realised the outside line was free and pulled out on him. He rolled the TZ right over forwards avoiding Rodney. Painful....

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    You can set the bikes up to be better under brakes by trading off other areas like Kevin Schwantz used to by making the Cg lower and wheelbase longer but its a traction and handling trade off. The Ducati appears to have a speed advantage so maybe that's what they are doing now. by using that speed advantage and tailoring the bike to be upright for longer they are playing to their strength by making the straights effectively longer.

I do remember tales that Ducati like Ferrari F1 management only believes what is printed in the media over the feedback their riders give them.
    That Jerry Burgess interview to which I posted a link about a while back discussed similar. Shortly after Rossi switched to Yamaha he pulled into the pits complaining that the front brakes were locking the wheel. Burgess told him that the front brakes were probably the only component on the Yamaha that was exactly the same as what he'd had on the Honda. IIRC he requested the factory to heighten the bike which solved the problem.

First thing Dall'Igna said he wanted to work on when he went to Ducati was a communication problem. I thought WTF? The bike is a dog and he's worrying about communication? It seems the problem was that the guys in the factory were engineers and didn't particularly feel the need to listen to mere mechanics. The engineers were informed that the guys in the team were driving the effort, and anyone who felt they couldn't take direction from the team mechanics had best leave before they were told to.

Who knows what took them so long to give George a tank he could use?

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Yeah David Emmett is great reading. Gets all the low down without speculating too much on BS like the other news outlets trying to get clicks. Motomatters barely even has any ads on the site which is great. Does need a bit of a spruce in IMO if he wants to attract more readers
    he also has a podcast paddock pass podcast

Bike
    Blade '12
    Ahhh Assen. Love the track... hate the weather. Hoping for a warm dry weekend!

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    I loved it when it was longer. 7.7kms a lap was well good!
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    I loved it when it was longer. 7.7kms a lap was well good!
    Yeah, Nick Harris used to bang on about "The cathedral of speed". That was long since, now it's just another chapel.

Aside from which, bring it on.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    yeah , last I heard yesterday, it was for fine weather.. Fingers crossed !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information