Page 53 of 142 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    yes ,agree but maybe no other options avail ? Herve a known quantity plus team and Mechs all in place . Who knows ,if anyone can ride and succeed on the new KTM its Zarco ?
    I'd put a dollar on him to do well. ??????????
    Right. So you think maybe he'll be going with Herve? Still seems like a huge leap into the unknown.

Lin Jarvis should grab him.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Right. So you think maybe he'll be going with Herve? Still seems like a huge leap into the unknown.

Think Ben Spies. Not gonna a win a title on anything, grab the cash and any seat ya can while you can.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Think Ben Spies. Not gonna a win a title on anything, grab the cash and any seat ya can while you can.
    not 100 percent sure he couldnt win with the right equipment and support.But i dont think KTM will be good for him unless someone stays there who is a good development rider.Apprently JZ doesnt want to know what they have done to his bike...he just rides it to the max.I think he is extrodinarily talented with throttle control.Once(like dovi) he gets his head around how to manage the tyres i think he will win.He is nearly there now.
    The problem with bikes that need corner speed is that there is no corner speed with marginal tyres.....Ducati has speed,Honda has braking/turning......I think Suzuki and Yamaha are similar in characteristics with Suzuki a bit more towards the Honda end of the spectrum.

Bike
    Various things
    You mean the guy that won the World Superbike title in his rookie season? That guy?

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Sorry I thought Herve was dropping Yamaha and going with KTM ?? No ? French manager and rider ?
    I'm sure Zarco would prefer a big team but no seats avail ? Repsol #93 and #26 and Yams #25 and #46
    (#46 for two more years ! ).

But yeah, huge leap .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Blade '12
    Sorry I thought Herve was dropping Yamaha and going with KTM ?? No ? French manager and rider ?
    I'm sure Zarco would prefer a big team but no seats avail ? Repsol #93 and #26 and Yams #25 and #46

But yeah, huge leap .
    Zarco and Herve are both going to ktm? KTM are going to run two equal spec teams? I think.

St́ll... no matter how well Zarco gets on with his current team... would you want to be learning a new bike alongside a team doing the same?

Its been done recently but it didnt go well

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    You mean the guy that won the World Superbike title in his rookie season? That guy?
    We're talking GP here.

Bike
    Various things
    We're talking GP here.
    Have you even been to one?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Have you even been to one?
    Yeah. Not that it makes any difference.

Zarco isn't a title winning rider.

Bike
    Blade '12

Back to back Moto2 is nothing to be sneezed at... and who knows if he was on a top bike? He'd certainly not fail for want of trying

Bike
    Various things

PI? And I'd have to agree with you.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Back to back Moto2 is nothing to be sneezed at... and who knows if he was on a top bike? He'd certainly not fail for want of trying
    I agree with Drew here (shock and horror) I don't rate him as any more brilliant than say, Rabat or Pol Espagaro who actually won their Moto2 titles a lot younger than him. According to Crashlow last year he reckoned if you put Miller or any of the other good rookies on that Yamaha and they'd have done the same as him.

Where I think Zarco does well is his approach to racing though, almost in the way that Dovi has worked his way into awesome form I think Zarco may have the same intelligence and from there he may be able to clinch a title IF someone on a competitive bike signs him, which at 28...
    Problem for Zarco is he need to be better than so many other great riders to get a title and I think unless the Honda takes a step back or MM gets injured that won't be happening this year or the next.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries

But yeah, huge leap .
    Zarco and Herve are both going to ktm? KTM are going to run two equal spec teams? I think.

St́ll... no matter how well Zarco gets on with his current team... would you want to be learning a new bike alongside a team doing the same?

Its been done recently but it didnt go well
    It's not a stupid move. The resources that KTM are willing to throw at their MotoGP effort is stunning. That versus the Honda factory team that can't change anything important after the first race of the season is something to think hard about. Plus, the best team in the paddock (which Zarco is already in) is going to KTM and Herve has a knack for spotting something special. Don't be surprised if you see Tech 3 take over running the full factory effort for KTM eventually.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    We're talking GP here.
    Spies was handicapped by a rule change that prevented him going straight to a factory bike. Predictably that rule became known as "the Spies rule". Perhaps equally predictably Dorna dropped that rule so that a Spanish rider (Marquez) could go straight to a factory ride.

If in retrospect Spies is pissed off you couldn't blame him.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Blade '12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    It's not a stupid move. The resources that KTM are willing to throw at their MotoGP effort is stunning. That versus the Honda factory team that can't change anything important after the first race of the season is something to think hard about. Plus, the best team in the paddock (which Zarco is already in) is going to KTM and Herve has a knack for spotting something special. Don't be surprised if you see Tech 3 take over running the full factory effort for KTM eventually.
    Throwing vast sums of money and resources at MotoGP is great... more strength to their arm. Imagining that it's naturally going to bring results... that's pretty optimistic.

I imagine that Ducati has thrown a chunk of change at MotoGP over the last decade and they've come close to a championship once.

If KTM wins a dry race over the next couple of seasons... that would be a stunning achievement. This season they're averaging just over 30 seconds down on the race winner. Which is an improvement over last year but....

Thread Information