Page 68 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That's not very logical Drew. KTM are in the class, Kawasaki are not. On that basis alone KTM must have a better chance. They might be pkeased to read that, they need all the encouragement they can get.
    Mmmkay, sarcasm not your first language then?

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That's not very logical Drew. KTM are in the class, Kawasaki are not. On that basis alone KTM must have a better chance. They might be pkeased to read that, they need all the encouragement they can get.
    Mmmkay, sarcasm not your first language then?
    Sarcarsm at "you're a fucking cock" level is beyond most people.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Mat Oxley's latest on Dorna's next move?

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...lectronics-ban
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Till the engineers find the next loop hole that is and they spend millions exploiting it

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L

The comments against that link are interesting. It always seems ill directed to me that somehow people think that there really is a need to try and level the playing field by continually dumbing down the bikes, like somehow (and read) if you slow down Marc's Honda, then the racing will be great. So what does that mean? That someone like Bwadley Smiff would have had more chance of putting the KTM on the podium.

I reckon that cream always rises to the top and while Marc is the champion at the moment I am sure if all riders were put on absolutely identical bikes he would still win. His ability on dirt track like the Superprestigio showed just what talent he has.

Also MotoGP has a teams championship and a manufacturers championship along with the individual rider championship so I applaud Honda for totally changing their bike to achieve the results they are now getting because they are competing for those championships as well. Why should people bag them for trying so hard and try and penalise them? Sour grapes maybe because their favourite brand can't hack it or what?

There was one comment in the link that basically said this appears like a desperate last ditch effort by Dorna to try and make their god Rossi competitive again in the face of Yamaha doing so badly. I'm guessing it just won't work. Take away more electronics from the field and I am sure a reasonably young Marc with his abilities to control the bike will beat a near 40 year old Rossi.

If they want more competitive racing I reckon they should be looking for and nurturing the next young talent and stop mucking around with technical changes.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    77 XL250
    Every rule change by Dorna is designed to save Rossi according to some. Those same people claim the max age of 50 for MotoGP was to stop Ago coming back to kick Rossi's arse.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Yikes, this looks like a painful one, no broken bones thank goodness, but a beat up none the less for #93 in testing at Mugello.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I fear that one day he will bounce the wrong way and do some serious damage. The optic damage from a few years ago could easily have been permanent and finished him.
    I am coming to believe that he has, in his attic, a portrait of a half-blind, crippled old/young Spaniard.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I fear that one day he will bounce the wrong way and do some serious damage. The optic damage from a few years ago could easily have been permanent and finished him.
    I am coming to believe that he has, in his attic, a portrait of a half-blind, crippled old/young Spaniard.
    Haha, what movie was that again? Great film.

Much excite for this weekend, should be a good race I reckon the Yamaha duo are going to come out swinging.

Can't help but think that Maverick could learn something from Pol about talking to the press and positive thinking

"Le Mans is a lot of stop-and-go and the Aprilia is not the best for this," Espargaro said of this weekend's race. "But I don’t care about the layout or the country we’re in, I will give one million percent in the next race to put the bike on the podium."

And with just a tenth place in Texas from the four rounds, the Spaniard is prepared to throw caution to the wind.

"If there is a very small positive thing in all of this, it is that with three zeroes, it’s difficult to fight to put the bike in a good position in the championship. I don’t care. I will go 100% every weekend to try and fight for the podium until Valencia."

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...arm-next-races

I hope he beats CC so CC can say it was the carbon fibre swing arm that Espagaro had that gave him the advantage

Bike
    77 XL250
    The Espargaro brothers are big on being confident without getting the swollen head syndrome (usually). If one of them gets a decent bike I expect to see him on the podium a few times.
    May not be a KTM for a few years though.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    It won't be a surprise for many Dadpole, as good as he is, a step too far over a line anywhere anytime is on the cards.
    But that goes for for the whole grid.

Go Yamaha and Go Rossi ! (and no rain please France ?).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Till the engineers find the next loop hole that is and they spend millions exploiting it

I can't remember who posted it last night, either David Emmett or Mat Oxley? Apparently when Mike Webb was Technical Director, at the start of the season the factory engineers would apologise to him in advance for how they were going to treat the rules.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I can't remember who posted it last night, either David Emmett or Mat Oxley? Apparently when Mike Webb was Technical Director, at the start of the season the factory engineers would apologise to him in advance for how they were going to treat the rules.
    As engineers they will just see it as a challenge to overcome, with restrictions in place I think it actually makes them come up with even better ideas than they would if they had a blank rule book.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    As engineers they will just see it as a challenge to overcome, with restrictions in place I think it actually makes them come up with even better ideas than they would if they had a blank rule book.
    ...I'd rather give a blonde a blank cheque than have to deal with engineers and the turmoil involved...

Bike
    husaberg
    I was reading something that Richard Scott wrote the other day He said it was ongoing issues with a hard head knock was that was what bugggered him up after a impressive start with Kenny Roberts. I always thought previously he was given a raw deal by Roberts, but no he was very glowing of the support Kenny's team had given him.
    I am pretty Sure that was what finished Daryl Beattie's career as well. His early results were on par with Doohans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information