Page 16 of 142 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker

Tech 3

Copy and paste MotoGP site

Hafizh Syahrin to test the Yamaha YZR-M1 in Buriram
    The Malaysian rider will join the Monster Yamaha Tech3 outfit for the upcoming Official MotoGP™ Test in Thailand
    Tags MotoGP, 2018, Hafizh Syahrin, Monster Yamaha Tech 3
    For the upcoming Official MotoGP™ Test in Thailand, Buriram, Monster Yamaha Tech3 calls for the services of Hafizh Syahrin. With just 23 years of age, the Malaysian rider is already looking back on four years of Moto2 experience and now feels more than ready to make his first steps in the premier class of motorcycle racing. Following three exciting days of testing at the all-new venue for the MotoGP category, the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team together with its partners will evaluate the performance of the new arrival in order to decide a possible permanent ride concerning the 2018 season.

Hafizh Syahrin: “First of all, I want to thank Herve Poncharal for giving me this opportunity and of course the entire Monster Yamaha Tech3 team. I’ll try to do my very best during these three days in Thailand. For me, it’s a dream coming true to be able to ride a MotoGP machine. I have to admit, that I’m overly excited to get this chance. I hope I can be fast from the word go to show everybody what I’m capable of. In addition, I want to thank Razlan and all the people, who support me and made this possible. I’m incredibly happy and I’m looking forward to be in Buriram, because it will be the very first time ever I can ride a MotoGP bike. I know that I have to learn a lot abroad the Yamaha YZR-M1 and I’m eager to try to understand how the team works as I know that they are very experienced, so I want to make the most of their input. During this winter, I trained a lot, yet I hope this hard work pays off and I can’t wait to get this test started.”

Herve Poncharal: “I’m really happy and honored to have the possibility to have Hafizh Syahrin with us for the test in Buriram. As everybody knows, since Jonas Folger decided that he couldn’t race in 2018, we’ve been looking for who could be the right replacement rider. Following the Sepang test, we had many meetings and it has been decided that Hafizh Syahrin would be a very good choice for the Monster Yamaha Tech3 team. Right now, it is only three days, but I am more than convinced that Hafizh is going to show us what he can do. He is young, only 23 years old, has already done some podiums in the Moto2 class, which is not easy. He ended inside the top 10 in the final ranking of Moto2 in 2017, which is a huge achievement, because I know how tough this category is. As I always said, to have a young rider is much more meaningful for the team than having an already established rider. Let’s do the test, I’m already full of excitement and optimism and really soon after Buriram we will take a final decision. Yet, I would like to thank Razlan Razali from Sepang International Circuit, who is the team manager of Hafizh Syahrin.”
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    And watch out for Syahrin if it rains. Odds are it will.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Scorpio
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Hafizh Syahrin to test the Yamaha YZR-M1 in Buriram
    I thought this first name was "Happy". Nick Harris has a lot to answer for.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Lets hope that we don't get so many wet GPs' this year Pritch?
    Last year was terrible, it became a tyre lottery as well.
    Be nice if we got a season to match our brilliant Summer here in NZ.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Lets hope that we don't get so many wet GPs' this year Pritch?
    Last year was terrible, it became a tyre lottery as well.
    Be nice if we got a season to match our brilliant Summer here in NZ.
    Gotta have the odd wet one mate. Better money from the TAB!

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Jack Miller on a GP17 is a dangerous prospect if it tips down, I think the fish might get hooked lined and sinkered if Miller has his way. Especially if he chooses the 17 chassis.

Lets face it though they're all pretty faking good in the rain at Motogp level, wouldn't have made it there otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Badjelly View Post
    Nick Harris has a lot to answer for.
    Speak not his name, hence forth we shall refer to the above former commentator as:
    HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED!

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Lets face it though they're all pretty faking good in the rain at Motogp level, wouldn't have made it there otherwise.

!
    Nah. Some of them have been right pussies in the wet over the years.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Australians, (West?) and even more so Malaysians, can be exceptions due to the surfaces they race on in their early days.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Australians, (West?) and even more so Malaysians, can be exceptions due to the surfaces they race on in their early days.
    Vermulen 10 char

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Sure, it was WSBK but I think one of my favourite ever wet performances was Bayliss @ Silverstone in 2002.. Absolutely pissing it down, riding around the outside of everyone, stacked it twice and still finished 5th.. That was impressive!

And yeah, Westy is good on a good bike and brilliant in the wet (which is interesting, considering he said he hates riding in it).. It's a shame he's never really lined it all up on the world stage, except for a brief stint with the Factory Yamaha squad in WSS when Kevin Curtain was out.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    And yeah, Westy is good on a good bike and brilliant in the wet (which is interesting, considering he said he hates riding in it)..
    I may have read it in Stoner's book? The Oz kids race on dirt surfaces, and to keep the dust down, used engine oil is poured on the dirt. When that gets wet it gets seriously slippery. Wet tarmac would be no problem after that.

The factories want a share of the huge Asian market and will try to race in Asia and put Asian riders on the bikes. If Syahrin stays with Tech3 I'd expect Sepang to be pretty much a sellout. Not too many years ago crowds there were decidedly lean. There are a few clips of the underbone racing the Asian kids do but we need to see more to appreciate their background.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Yeah, greasy Aussie flat track racing. They pretty much all started on that so are very used to not having any traction and sticking the back out at every opportunity (Remember Garry McCoy on the YZR500 or Andrew Pitt on the first gen ZX-RR, anyone?)

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Yeah, greasy Aussie flat track racing. They pretty much all started on that so are very used to not having any traction and sticking the back out at every opportunity (Remember Garry McCoy on the YZR500 or Andrew Pitt on the first gen ZX-RR, anyone?)
    Garry McCoy spinning his rear around the corners to keep it cool, amazing to watch. Andrew Pitt was the first rider I saw pick his bike up using elbow and knee after losing the front end, now it's becoming more common almost, for both.
    flashg

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    https://motomatters.com/results/2018...day_final.html

Zarco fastest Yamaha, Rins fourth fastest overall, Jack Miller fastest Ducati, Syahrin faster than Lorenzo? There was some serious testing going on but...

The Yamaha and Ducati factory riders have problems and there is some unhappiness showing. Time is now very short.

Thread Information