Page 84 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    77 XL250
    Well done to Lorenzo and those who picked the correct results. I am starting to wonder if Lorenzo is related to Iannone at all.

And which one of you buggers has put a gypsy curse on my lad Rins ???
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Congrats to Lorenzo, he did the business in a race of attrition. What the heck was all the booing for MM all about - that was his home track, so huh??? Looked like it was getting to him a bit, and understandably so.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    The way that Moto3 race was going it was starting to like as if it might be last man standing.

While Corsi is apparently in the shit for punting Oliviera up the arse, watching the clip of Oliviera cruising along no-hands at a bit above walking speed while everybody seemed to be passing at almost race pace did seem scary.

The main event took a leaf out of the Moto3 book. Not even enough finishers to take all the points on offer.

As someone else said, Ducati should have sacked JL more often.

Where's Pete?
    It always puts the shits up me how they celebrate right as they cross the line while there is someone right on their tailpipes and I have been waiting for something like this to happen for a wee while.
    Both riders very lucky to walk away from what could easily have been a fatal accident. Great ride by Quatararo on the Speed up, anyone know when that chassis last got a dry win? Hope its a sign of things to come from the youngster

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    I said last year Dovi had a lucky year and I doubted he could do it again ?????

He's good but not an alien.
    To quote the modern poet Carbonhed in reference to Desmo Dovi:
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    You had a good year in 2017 but you're nobody's daddy.
    Spat my coffee out reading that one a month back :

Bike
    09 GSX1400.

Where's Pete?
    Yeah pritch, been missing for a few weeks ?
    I was hoping to catch up with him at the Boyle BBQ but alas the stars didn't align.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hard to pick any other result for the win, after watching qualifying.

Rossi was a total unknown since he backed out of his only fast lap in Q2, but third was gift he wasn't expecting I dont think.

Marquez impressed me by not having a single moment. I was waiting for the front to tuck for the first five laps.

Bike
    77 XL250
    I will be a believer if lorenzo is in the mix at Assen. Sadly, I think the magic tank pad will lose it's juju there.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I will be a believer if lorenzo is in the mix at Assen. Sadly, I think the magic tank pad will lose it's juju there.
    Yeah, about that. What's in that magic tank pad? Extra 40hp and -10kgs?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Yeah, about that. What's in that magic tank pad? Extra 40hp and -10kgs?
    It doesn't have to be much, all it has to do is change the shape of the tank. Ergonomics is everything.

I've been doing something similar on my race bike for years now. On my CBR I add 25mm hard foam to the sides and back of the tank. Without it I'm stuck holding the tank between my knees and can't move off the side until after I finish braking. With the foam I'm off the side of the bike while braking. Makes all the difference.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    It doesn't have to be much, all it has to do is change the shape of the tank. Ergonomics is everything.

I've been doing something similar on my race bike for years now. On my CBR I add 25mm hard foam to the sides and back of the tank. Without it I'm stuck holding the tank between my knees and can't move off the side until after I finish braking. With the foam I'm off the side of the bike while braking. Makes all the difference.
    Yup ergos can not be overlooked when body position determines so much on how a bike feels mid corner or on the brakes.
    If I can feel the difference scretching around the final corner on a bucket at Ruapuna then imagine the difference in a pro like Jorge being able to make minor adjustments mid corner to keep that Ducati tamed?
    Seemed to me he was doing a lot of that to maintain that brutal pace for the entire race as his tyres dropped off. Clinical.

Wonder if that's what Maverick needs to try? Adjust his body position etc for the heavy tank and slippery track rather than working endlessly on the bike but getting no where come Sunday afternoon.

Bike
    77 XL250
    It is not the tank pad that I question as much as the story that Ducati, while spending millions on Lorenzo, would not give him an asked for 500Euro tank pad until halfway through his second year.

I think it is 10% body position and 90% in his head in this case. I recall the seat height saga in his first year. Up, down and around the houses it went. It ended up back in the original position in the end.

As an aside: Moto2 has been good this year. I can't wait for next year and the new engines and regulations. Perhaps it will finally become the path to MotoGP it was supposed to be.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Aliens 1, 2, 3, Dovi DNF.

I'm sure the tank pad helps but the real key is probably the new frame so that he can turn the bike. The engine also sounds different this year also as they get on the throttle - sounds cleaner..

But it's not working for Dovi. Not sure why he keeps crashing, nothing in the media yet.

Bike
    husaberg
    IF Jose keeps beating MM and Rossi keeps scoring points it would only take a crash or a DNF coupled with a poor finish of MM before Rossi might be able to sneak enough points for a Final Championship.
    Although I don't like George I am impressed that he has been able to get the Ducati to work and vica versa to his style.
    Great to have three different makes competitive and Suzuki on the rise as well.
    Goes to show the control tires and the rule manipulation is working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    In case you were wondering about JL's miracle form improvement, here's a good explanation.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...orenzo-winning
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    In case you were wondering about JL's miracle form improvement, here's a good explanation.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...orenzo-winning
    Funny article when he meantioned the weightlessness felt by astronauts

Thread Information