Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2085

Thread: MotoGP 2018

  1. #2056
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonhed View Post
    Shame he's not able to talk much until the end of the year. I would love to know his impressions so far.
    Probably "holy shit this turns well" soon followed by "this engine is garbage"

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  2. #2057
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Honda didn't wait to give Lorenzo a bigger 'gas tank', he has one from the get go.

    Dovi crashed and hurt his hand, will see if he can ride tomorrow.

    Mir crashed and commented that the asphalt is harder in MotoGP.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  3. #2058
    Join Date
    25th April 2004 - 12:00
    Bike
    2 675's & a Sprint GT
    Location
    Pukekohe
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by speights_bud View Post
    If you have the off season access this is a Must watch.

    Day 2 valencia full test video . Start yourself at 5 hours 5min.

    Very very good commentary with Neil Spalding on the technology used in the GP paddock. Hondas new chassis layout etc
    Excellent recommendation. Thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks.
    Do us all a favour, by bringing yourself up to speed, before pulling onto the motorway.

  4. #2059
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Probably "holy shit this turns well" soon followed by "this engine is garbage"

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    I watched an interview with Nakagami, who is very happy with the 2018 Honda.

    The 2017 bike must have been shite.

  5. #2060
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,473
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Probably "holy shit this turns well" soon followed by "this engine is garbage"

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Your got to ne joking how many gps have hrc won.how many different, world titles. Even in american flat track with a engine based on cx 500. How many moto 2 engine failures just 2. There called honda motor company for a reason. Surperb engineering.

    Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

  6. #2061
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Your got to ne joking how many gps have hrc won.how many different, world titles. Even in american flat track with a engine based on cx 500. How many moto 2 engine failures just 2. There called honda motor company for a reason. Surperb engineering.

    Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk
    I am not sure that the CX500 based flat tracker won any races
    The RS750 which was a Narrow angle fairly conventional V twin did win about 4 or 5 titles, but it was kind of like a XLV750.
    it even one one title without factory backing.
    It also won a Daytona BOTT as the Commonwealth Honda.
    Funny enough before the Moto 2 went $ stroke Kawasaki were offered the chance to do the engines as the people that eun MGP wanted to get Kawasaki involved in MGP. Kawaski turned them down as did Suzuki and Yamaha
    Honda stepped in to make it happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Suck my cock




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  7. #2062
    Join Date
    11th June 2011 - 16:30
    Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Location
    palmerston north
    Posts
    1,473
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks for that yeah didint know
    That stuff.

    Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk

  8. #2063
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    340
    Marquez has had one mechanical failure in MotoGP. That's worth a good few points most years.

  9. #2064
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    Marquez has had one mechanical failure in MotoGP. That's worth a good few points most years.
    A DNF is usually worth 25 points in his case.

    The Honda Moto2 engines were amazingly reliable, millions of race kilometres for so few failures. Dorna wanted more ponies but Honda refused, they wanted - and got - reliability. Credit also to the dudes at Aragon who prepared the engines, and who will prepare the 765s. Hopefully the Triumph engines will be as reliable.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  10. #2065
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Your got to ne joking how many gps have hrc won.how many different, world titles. Even in american flat track with a engine based on cx 500. How many moto 2 engine failures just 2. There called honda motor company for a reason. Surperb engineering.

    Sent from my SOV31 using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: Garbage compared to the Ducatis engine.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  11. #2066
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,297
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Disclaimer: Garbage compared to the Ducatis engine.
    Yeah that'll be why Marquez finished so far down the field behind all the Ducatis. Oh wait...
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  12. #2067
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah that'll be why Marquez finished so far down the field behind all the Ducatis. Oh wait...
    If it was a drag race maybe.
    But it wasn't and the Ducati boys were too busy falling off to challenge him properly .
    This years Honda engine was definitely a lot closer to them than past years I would say, they weren't able to select the fast map and blitz MM quite as easily as in '17.
    It seemed to me that when the Ducati hooks 4th 5th 6th it just hauled away when the duke boys wanted it too. Probably the same peak power for both bikes but that Ducati just seems to make it smoother.


    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  13. #2068
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,611
    shouldnt we all move over to the 2019 thread.???

  14. #2069
    Join Date
    20th January 2010 - 14:41
    Bike
    husaberg
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    8,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Disclaimer: Garbage compared to the Ducatis engine.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    Ducati have done 16 seasons MGP and have won 1 riders title
    In those same 16 years Honda have won it on eight occasions. On the renaming 8 occasion where the bikes they built didnt win the riders championship they finished 2nd on 5 of the 8 times.
    Ducati have one 500cc/MGP World championship Honda has 20
    Put it this way Ducati have the same number as AJS and Norton

    As far as Manufacturers Champs goes in those same 16 years Honda won it 10 times Ducati one

    Overall the manufactures champs boils done to this.

    Honda 24
    MV Agusta 16
    Yamaha 14
    Suzuki 7
    Gilera 4
    Norton 2
    Ducati 1
    AJS 1
    Total 69
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Suck my cock




    Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

  15. #2070
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Ducati have done 16 seasons MGP and have won 1 riders title
    In those same 16 years Honda have won it on eight occasions. On the renaming 8 occasion where the bikes they built didnt win the riders championship they finished 2nd on 5 of the 8 times.
    Ducati have one 500cc/MGP World championship Honda has 20
    Put it this way Ducati have the same number as AJS and Norton

    As far as Manufacturers Champs goes in those same 16 years Honda won it 10 times Ducati one

    Overall the manufactures champs boils done to this.

    Honda 24
    MV Agusta 16
    Yamaha 14
    Suzuki 7
    Gilera 4
    Norton 2
    Ducati 1
    AJS 1
    Total 69
    Sorry wtf does this have to do with the CURRENT Ducati having a better ENGINE than the Honda? Never said it was a better package, though it probably was this year but they didn't capitalise when they had the chance.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •