Page 17 of 142 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    https://motomatters.com/results/2018...day_final.html

Zarco fastest Yamaha, Rins fourth fastest overall, Jack Miller fastest Ducati, Syahrin faster than Lorenzo? There was some serious testing going on but...

The Yamaha and Ducati factory riders have problems and there is some unhappiness showing. Time is now very short.
    Be brave to bet against MM this season.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Be brave to bet against MM this season.
    It does look like it's his to lose.

Apparently the factories have to decide at the next test what fairing they are going to use, they are allowed only one other variation during the season. Thus there was a lot of serious aero testing at Buriram.

Michelin had a 1000 extra tyres and wanted the Austrian variant tested by everybody, plus some of the riders were testing on worn tyres to check how the bikes performed late in a race. Marquez did a couple of ninety plus lap days, and crashed late on Sunday so it's not surprising that he wasn't right at the top of the timing sheets.

The pundits are warning against reading too much into the times. Still, I hope Yamaha and Ducati can sort their problems and prevent the season turning into a total Marquez benefit. Some more exciting racing would be nice.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    prevent the season turning into a total Marquez benefit. Some more exciting racing would be nice.
    I don't think it'l ever be that again, but the Honda looks to be ahead of where it was last season, and MM is certainly putting in the hard yards! Bit ominous for the rest.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    There was some excitement among the professional MotoGP watchers that HRC had introduced a carbon fibre swing arm at Buriram. It now transpires that Pedro was testing one at Sepang but nobody noticed.

Decent crowds at testing in Thailand too. Should bode well for the big event.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    I've been a bit quiet on here lately but just jumped on to remind you all that this is Dani's year and all the other guys are going to get smoked by him.

GO DANI!

Miller seems to have taken to the Ducati like a duck to the proverbial body of water. If he shows the kind of form that a lot of us believe him to have for the rest of the year then I think when Petrux leaves next year he'll slip straight on to the 3rd factory bike. That makes me moist. He's on a really good bike and I think his team really want him to do well, bit of Italian passion for racing might be the boot up the arse he needs to start giving the top guys shit

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    I've been a bit quiet on here lately but just jumped on to remind you all that this is Dani's year and all the other guys are going to get smoked by him.

GO DANI!

Miller seems to have taken to the Ducati like a duck to the proverbial body of water. If he shows the kind of form that a lot of us believe him to have for the rest of the year then I think when Petrux leaves next year he'll slip straight on to the 3rd factory bike. That makes me moist. He's on a really good bike and I think his team really want him to do well, bit of Italian passion for racing might be the boot up the arse he needs to start giving the top guys shit
    all that demonstrates is that the Honda has been a really difficult bike to get to 100 percent

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post

GO DANI!

Dunno about replacing Petrux. The pundits have already floated the idea that if Miller can keep performing at this level his pit box will start receiving boxes of special bits from Bologna.

I hope he can keep it up, the more at the sharp end the betterer. Then again, as they keep reminding us this was only testing.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Dunno about replacing Petrux. The pundits have already floated the idea that if Miller can keep performing at this level his pit box will start receiving boxes of special bits from Bologna.

I hope he can keep it up, the more at the sharp end the betterer. Then again, as they keep reminding us this was only testing.
    Here's the nasty in me
    I really want to see Miller make a cock of Lorenzo on the factory bike.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    Here's the nasty in me
    ...he can do that on his own, can't he?...

Bike
    Various things
    Well Miller certainly needs no help in making himself a cock.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Things aren't sounding too enthusiastic in the Yamaha factory garage. Maybe a factory ride for Zarco next year?

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...l-areas/250271
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Things aren't sounding too enthusiastic in the Yamaha factory garage. Maybe a factory ride for Zarco next year?

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2018/0...l-areas/250271
    Yeah they seem to be lost at sea.
    I think Vinales was silly to re-sign so soon especially with all the factory spots free next year. 99% sure that if he went to Honda in Dani's spot he'd be doing even worserer anyways. Dani n Marc are aliens to ride that monster so well.
    Zarco will be hoping Rossi calls it quits I think or Vinales does what he did in Moto3 and bails on his contract. Otherwise there will be a shit fight tween the other factories to make room for him. Crutchlows bike maybe? Too early to speculate.

Petrux is not staying with Pramac next year as part of his contract so the logical rider to get the sexy gp19 is Miller if he shows his stuff.
    Suzuki might try and snap Petrux up if mad joe doesn't show his mad skills, otherwise its Aprilia with the most documented interested.

Rins is my pick for the rider that will show the most improvement this year. Looking forward to seeing him in the mix with his old sparring partners.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I'm thinking Zarco has it a little easier on the Tech3. He has stuff that works.
    The Works guys, Rossi and Vinny are trying new stuff all the time. Time is ticking to get a package working for this year.
    But hey, hopefully there might be some sandbagging going on and things aren't as bad as reported ???
    Otherwise Rossi will quit ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Otherwise Rossi will quit ?
    The Ducati is going well
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    The Ducati is going well
    Yes, although Horhay has had a hiccup. Dovi is happy (and Miller !).

First round Qatar will have the answers huh ? But first we have WSBK this weekend .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information