Page 123 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I've been quite titillated with the thought of triumph in moto2 for awhile. What really sold me on it was not the noise, the British flag or the torques. It was Simon Crafar's eyebrows hitting his hair line after a ride on it.

After a stumbly start I'm really enjoying his insightful questions and close contacts in pit lane. Very perceptive commentary.
    Last edited by george formby; 23rd October 2018 at 17:52. Reason: lack of of
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    I'll only be watching Moto2 next year

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/89...13s-lap-record

LOOK at that thing! its gorgeous.
    Not being funny, but I can't see the difference (aesthetically) between that one and the current one.. And the current one isn't something I'd call gorgeous, personally.
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Not being funny, but I can't see the difference (aesthetically) between that one and the current one.. And the current one isn't something I'd call gorgeous, personally.
    Well, its got an Ohlins sticker.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Must be good then.

Hmmm - I have some genuine ones in the shed somewhere left over from the Hornet. Instant HP stickers.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Ah yes. There was a second hand Ducati sprotbike in one of the local shops, it was advertised as an SP model. I could see the back shock was wrong so I lost interest right there.

Sensei that used to be on KB told the salesman it was a wrong 'un. Scott had Ohlins both ends of his bike and knew that of which he spoke. He told the salesman that the rear shock wasn't an Ohlins.
    "But it's got a yellow spring"
    Scott then pointed out that the forks weren't Ohlins either.
    "It's got an Ohlins sticker."

Perhaps, but the sticker was the only bit of Ohlins on the bike.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    he should get it done now then so he is ready for next season
    Looks like it's being seriously considered this time. Only problem is testing, but Crutchlow can do that.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Looks like "Mad" Mike Jones has scored himself another substitute/wildcard ride, filling in for Alvaro (who is, in turn, filling in for Dear George) at PI

https://www.angelnietoteam.com/en/mo...5SZ7CRgdPqa2uU

Having just wrapped up 4th overall in the Spanish STK1000 championship on a ZX-10, I suspect any success/luck at the GP will come down to general rider skill and track knowledge as the "culture shock" between the two bikes and tyre manufacturers, I suspect, will be pretty significant so most of FP and Qualifying will probs be spent learning how to make the thing go..
    FaceBrick

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Looks like "Mad" Mike Jones has scored himself another substitute/wildcard ride, filling in for Alvaro (who is, in turn, filling in for Dear George) at PI

https://www.angelnietoteam.com/en/mo...5SZ7CRgdPqa2uU

Having just wrapped up 4th overall in the Spanish STK1000 championship on a ZX-10, I suspect any success/luck at the GP will come down to general rider skill and track knowledge as the "culture shock" between the two bikes and tyre manufacturers, I suspect, will be pretty significant so most of FP and Qualifying will probs be spent learning how to make the thing go..
    I expect it will be a big ask for all concerned. Might be better if the teams had the option to park the bike for one race before having to find a substitute if their test rider is unavailable.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Well, he did race for Avintia in Motegi and PI last year (or maybe the year before) so who knows, he might remember a little. I reckon he'll finish it in the points but outside the top 10
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I expect it will be a big ask for all concerned. Might be better if the teams had the option to park the bike for one race before having to find a substitute if their test rider is unavailable.
    Mike Jones is no mug. In 2016 in similar circumstances he rode the Japanese and Australian GPs on a Ducati, even scoring a world championship point at Phillip Island. Which was more than Marc Marquez could do on the day.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Jorde Torres should get a promotion and Jones go onto his bike

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    I'd forgotten that Mike Jones had done those 2 races in 2016.

I was thinking of Bautista as well. The GP18 is a different bike to what he's used to, and he'll be lucky if there are 3 dry practice sessions.

Should be an entertaining weekend. Marquez won't be as focused as usual, so who knows what could happen.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The weather in Phillip Island is apparently cold and very wet. Here's some reading material while we wait:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...winning-secret

https://www.crash.net/motogp/feature...er-appointment

http://ontrackoffroad.com/2018/10/25...reaking-sweat/

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Yeah, typical PI. It's like Tassie though, the weather will either stick for the whole week/fortnight, OR it'll be a completely different season in 20 minutes
    FaceBrick

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, typical PI. It's like Tassie though, the weather will either stick for the whole week/fortnight, OR it'll be a completely different season in 20 minutes
    We understand. I'm on the coast here and if you followed the line around we'd be in the middle of Bass Straight.

So why aren't you at the track, you're nearly there?

Thread Information