Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1827

Thread: MotoGP 2018

  1. #1201
    Join Date
    13th March 2003 - 11:47
    Bike
    1994 VFR750F, 2004 WR250F, 2006 XR250L
    Location
    Porirua
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Yeah, I can remember that from when I had an S4R with a 996 motor. Shell were sponsoring Ducati and didn't make 10/40 which had been the recommended grade. Ducati could hardly recommend a grade their sponsor didn't offer so they changed the "official" grade to one that Shell did make. Less ponies, more heat, but sponsor's cash is powerful stuff.
    Funny that, I was using Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 synthetic in the Honda Civic 20 years ago, did they really not make a bike oil with a low viscosity?
    Cheers

    Merv

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Funny that, I was using Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 synthetic in the Honda Civic 20 years ago, did they really not make a bike oil with a low viscosity?
    Alex Briggs is en route to Barcelona and a Euro bike mag has published an article linking Pedro with the proposed Petronas project. I'll send you a PM.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    21st December 2017 - 11:43
    Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    341
    Oh dear... This isn't going to be another FP1 is it?

    Gorgeous machine, brilliant idea, sounded great, built by Suter... Abject failure, unfortunately.

  4. #1204
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Oh dear... This isn't going to be another FP1 is it?

    Gorgeous machine, brilliant idea, sounded great, built by Suter... Abject failure, unfortunately.
    Not really. Petronas were reportedly interested in sponsoring a satellite Yamaha with Jorge as pilot. Jorge is no longer available but Pedro might be and last I read there is, as yet, no Yamaha satellite team. So you can see why a magazine might add 2 + 2 and possibly get 10?

    Yamaha have been pushing hard in South East Asia and Petronas is based there, so there are reasons why such a marriage might appeal to both parties. If something is going to happen though it needs to happen in the next coupla weeks or so.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Not really. Petronas were reportedly interested in sponsoring a satellite Yamaha with Jorge as pilot. Jorge is no longer available but Pedro might be and last I read there is, as yet, no Yamaha satellite team. So you can see why a magazine might add 2 + 2 and possibly get 10?

    Yamaha have been pushing hard in South East Asia and Petronas is based there, so there are reasons why such a marriage might appeal to both parties. If something is going to happen though it needs to happen in the next coupla weeks or so.
    Dani has huge support in South East Asia too so pretty sure the fans wont mind.

    Bring on this weekend feels like forever since Mugello!

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    14th July 2006 - 21:39
    Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    8,543
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Funny that, I was using Shell Helix Ultra 5/40 synthetic in the Honda Civic 20 years ago, did they really not make a bike oil with a low viscosity?
    Sounds odd - 10w40 has been a stable bike oil weight for absolute decades.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Sounds odd - 10w40 has been a stable bike oil weight for absolute decades.
    Synthetic for rather less though - in the case of Shell anyway.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    4th October 2008 - 16:35
    Bike
    R100GSPD
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    9,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Yamaha also developed a new oil a while back which gave them a few more hp.

    Enough exploring oil though thats illegal in our country

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    no it isnt ,only new searches are not permitted

  9. #1209
    Join Date
    2nd March 2018 - 15:32
    Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Sounds odd - 10w40 has been a stable bike oil weight for absolute decades.
    In the early days of synthetics, the oil manufacturer's tried to outdo each other by making wide viscosity oils. Mobil used to do a 0W-50 from memory.

    But on a bike, you want shear stable oils without viscosity improvers (VI) so that they don't get chopped up in the gearbox. So most motorbike synthetics are more normal viscosities like 10W-40 that don't need much or any VI's.

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    no it isnt ,only new searches are not permitted
    Erm which is kind of what I said?

    Shhh though, they will come for us if we challenge their BRIGHT FUTURE.

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  11. #1211
    Join Date
    8th January 2005 - 15:05
    Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    8,175
    Blog Entries
    1
    An extra press conference has been included in the schedule for Barcelona. A Dani Pedrosa solo press conference.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,319
    Enough about oil. Tell me about tyres again.


    AND - Now for something completely different: Pick me a top 3 for this weekend...
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    22nd July 2005 - 00:27
    Bike
    77 XL250
    Location
    Tararua
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    An extra press conference has been included in the schedule for Barcelona. A Dani Pedrosa solo press conference.
    Please let him stay on MotoGP... He is still head and shoulders () above most of the field.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

  14. #1214
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    Please let him stay on MotoGP... He is still head and shoulders () above most of the field.
    I dunno. If the bike isn't capable of giving him a title he should go do something else n rest his poor mangled body.

    Be sad to see him go though

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

  15. #1215
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,045
    Agree though I can think of many riders on factory bikes that he is far more talented than

    Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •