Page 28 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Smokers and a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Thread full of fucken saints right here.
    More like pussy whipped #metoo apologisers...its fucking sport. If you want scripted then watch reality tv. If you want the closest thing we have left to lions eating christians then booing a professional sportsman who gets any fucking thing he wants handed to him on a plate instead of his hand ripped off for being a cunt then I say piss or get off the pot ya wanker.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    professional sportsman who gets any fucking thing he wants handed to him on a plate
    Just because they get paid to perform doesnt mean they have things"handed to them on a plate".I would say that motogp riders are amongst the most dedicated sportsmen on the planet.The risk their life every time they compete.Lorenzo was merely expressing his opinion of Rossis fantastic story

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    a sportsman who gets any fucking thing he wants handed to him on a plate
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    J.Lorenzo was merely expressing his opinion of Rossis fantastic story
    Rossi is the only one of the current crowd that had everything handed to him on a plate. To be fair, he's done incredibly well with the serving.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    I don't know about that.. Marquez had the rules changed so that he could get a factory ride haha!

Dorna announced that Rookies would not be allowed to jump straight into a factory team, to try to give the "old guard" a chance to get onto more competitive machines and level the playing field.. Until Marquez said he wanted to join the Prem' class so they instantly backflipped on it so he could join Repsol (arguably the fastest bike and/or biggest budget, at the time)

Miller being given a jump straight from Moto3 to MotoGP (not that it turned out how they planned)

Rossi has had a lot of blind eyes turned to some of his behaviour and, sure, he's been there so long and brought so much attention, press, and money to the series that he's allowed to get away with a lot more than others, but I wouldn't say he's handed everything :P

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    ok Crasher get stuck into Rossi now :P

As much as I'm not a fan, I've only ever clapped my hands to him. As I do to any top class competitor. I have a huge amount of respect for those people.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Dorna announced that Rookies would not be allowed to jump straight into a factory team,
    Ah yes. That was "the Spies rule". It was designed for one thing, to stop Spies going straight into a factory team.

That was replaced by the Marquez rule, although I've never seen it called that. But as sure as God made little green things...

Then there was the Quateraro rule.

Spies certainly wasn't getting anything handed to him on a plate, but the other two definitely were.
    Last edited by onearmedbandit; 15th March 2018 at 22:02.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    77 XL250
    I do enjoy the "Rossi had everything handed to him on a plate." thing. It must have been a bugger having to turn up and race when he had those championships handed to him.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I do enjoy the "Rossi had everything handed to him on a plate." thing. It must have been a bugger having to turn up and race when he had those championships handed to him.
    Well, that's because you take more from it than is meant eh. But if you want an explanation, checkout the diff between Rossi's lot and certain other racers who's dad wasn't a famous ex GP star. Then get back to me.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Just because they get paid to perform doesnt mean they have things"handed to them on a plate".I would say that motogp riders are amongst the most dedicated sportsmen on the planet.The risk their life every time they compete.
    Have you actually watched curling?

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Have you actually watched curling?
    You need steroids for it!

Bike
    Various things

Bike
    ES XTZ

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...just before it all starts and we avert our eyes from the rest of the world and its problems, a word from one who will carry on caring...

https://www.facebook.com/scheifferba...3744310423279/

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    a word from one who will carry on caring...
    Wow! That's a hard act to follow.

While I was making my morning coffee I recalled reading back in the 60s or thereabout a comment by one of the top riders - I can't remember who. He hated the first few races of the season. Everybody regards themselves as a title contender and things can get decidedly hairy on track. After a couple of races realism intrudes, normal expectations resume, and things settle down. I mentioned this to Alex Briggs a year or two back and he replied that he could understand what motivated the comment.

So just in case you notice a rider or two being uncharacteristically aggressive in Qatar that may well be why. Then too there are the guys who don't have a contract for next season.

Bring it on
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Bring it on
    Fuck yeah. And being off work at the mo, I'll indeed have a beer whilst watching it!

Thread Information