Page 32 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    [QUOTE=Autech;1131090148]Yeah and it apparently may have had a quality control issue that the Frenchies are looking at and shrugging about right now no doubt.
    Fucking hope not but you never know, Dani looked to be having front end sliding too (how good was his launch?) so could have been the conditions.

Remember a few years ago when that little Mexican (Pedro) was great down the shute with his lack of weight? Doesn't seem like that happens now ?

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Remember a few years ago when that little Mexican (Pedro) was great down the shute with his lack of weight? Doesn't seem like that happens now ?
    When you think about it lack of weight + height would actually be a disadvantage off the line with a bike that powerful as the bigger guys can climb over the tank to keep the front wheel down. When I first started watching Motogp it was watching DP haul arse off the line that made me a fan of him IIRC.

He's only started dominating off the line again since the control electronics came in, Autech's theory was before 2012 (can't remember when he stopped being the fastest off the line but lets just say then) the launch control systems weren't quite as advanced so more of it came down to the rider ability, as the electronics got better the natural ability was less of a factor so the others were able to negate his advantage by just pinning the throttle and letting the electronics do the rest. Now they have less sophisticated software he's able to do his old trick again launching just right and taking at least 2+ riders down the chute (last night he hit 1st from the 3rd row). Awesome to watch and if he's ever out of a motogp seat head make a good drag racer.

On Dani, how odd that he chose the hard front tyre? I wonder if he's trying something new to see if he can get the heat in earlier, IE pick a tyre you can punish more in the hope that if he punishes it enough and he stays on board it will work for him?

Oh and I think we should declare an amnesty for any front tyre destined for MM's garage, I feel sorry for the fuckin things with what he puts em through, no other rider would have got the front end to grip in T1 after he eff'd up last night. Mad.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Cheers Autech, I don't know if you've ever been to a GP? But if you do go try and get yourself into the garage area,its bloody interesting.
    I mooch around in the pits most of my time in the first couple of days.
    The trick is knowing someone to get you in there and from there, you meet others. It worked for me lol.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    When you think about it lack of weight + height would actually be a disadvantage off the line with a bike that powerful as the bigger guys can climb over the tank to keep the front wheel down. When I first started watching Motogp it was watching DP haul arse off the line that made me a fan of him IIRC.

He's only started dominating off the line again since the control electronics came in, Autech's theory was before 2012 (can't remember when he stopped being the fastest off the line but lets just say then) the launch control systems weren't quite as advanced so more of it came down to the rider ability, as the electronics got better the natural ability was less of a factor so the others were able to negate his advantage by just pinning the throttle and letting the electronics do the rest. Now they have less sophisticated software he's able to do his old trick again launching just right and taking at least 2+ riders down the chute (last night he hit 1st from the 3rd row). Awesome to watch and if he's ever out of a motogp seat head make a good drag racer.

On Dani, how odd that he chose the hard front tyre? I wonder if he's trying something new to see if he can get the heat in earlier, IE pick a tyre you can punish more in the hope that if he punishes it enough and he stays on board it will work for him?

Oh and I think we should declare an amnesty for any front tyre destined for MM's garage, I feel sorry for the fuckin things with what he puts em through, no other rider would have got the front end to grip in T1 after he eff'd up last night. Mad.
    Seems you know a thing or two about Dani Pedrosa...

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Hot off the press is JL had a brake problem and was nursing it most the race till they failed outright. FUCK THAT! I'd hate it to happen on my bucket racer let alone a 300+kmph weapon.

So in preparation of the Dear George letter, I will write it myself:

Dear George

We decided to try and kill you today, but you too much of a spartan mamba to die.

Gigi

Or some gay shit like that.
    I Called it here first....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Cheers Autech, I don't know if you've ever been to a GP? But if you do go try and get yourself into the garage area,its bloody interesting.
    I mooch around in the pits most of my time in the first couple of days.
    The trick is knowing someone to get you in there and from there, you meet others. It worked for me lol.
    Need to go in the next few years before the riders I've spent the last 10 years watching bugger off!

Will make an effort for PI or Japan I think and most certainly will be hanging round the pits like a mooch

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    KTM 250exc
    Need to go in the next few years before the riders I've spent the last 10 years watching bugger off!

Will make an effort for PI or Japan I think and most certainly will be hanging round the pits like a mooch

Go marshal at PI. Did the whole weekend for under 1k including flights.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by eelracing View Post
    Marques is getting predictable.
    But his post race interview was classic. He knew he couldn't out drag the Ducati but thought he would give it a go on the last corner just to see what happened. Not sure if it is his English that has got better over the off season or not but I warmed to him after this comment.

No white wees like Crasher but.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    But his post race interview was classic. He knew he couldn't out drag the Ducati but thought he would give it a go on the last corner just to see what happened. Not sure if it is his English that has got better over the off season or not but I warmed to him after this comment.

No white wees like Crasher but.
    Lol. Anyone that claims to be a motorcycle racing purist that isn't an MM fan is a latent homo. He's what it's all about, as was Stoner before him.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Lol. Anyone that claims to be a motorcycle racing purist that isn't an MM fan is a latent homo. He's what it's all about, as was Stoner before him.
    That's a fucking retarded way to look at it.

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500

Malaysia is way better than PI and much less effort than Japan.
    The people are friendly and stuff is cheap (except beer).

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    That's a fucking retarded way to look at it.
    Then you should understand it perfectly.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Eh, I respect them both immensely but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of either.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Eh, I respect them both immensely but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of either.
    Yeah, I was actually just winding a mate of mine up. But on a serious note, you just know if (and even sometimes if there's not) there's any chance at all of stealing a win, he's gonna try and do it. And that to me is what racing a motorcycle is all about. Some of the last lap antics from MM and AD last season and now this, make for edge of your seat shit! If you don't love that shit, you must be asleep at the screen! And you've gotta love the remarkable saves MM has, fan or not. Even his competitors shake their heads in amazement.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Absolutely!!

But, I gotta say, my main talking points/thoughts from the opening round are..:

1) How awesome does the Sic58 livery look in Moto3!?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29425696_10155208998735896_7734310199636262912_n.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	335792

2) Simon, I've loved your work for years but please work on your Charisma and practice names before you start awkwardly reading out Tyre lists on a live, world feed!

Thread Information