Page 97 of 142 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Interesting point on the topic of Lorenzo's technique..

http://amcn.com.au/editorial/jorges-new-honda/

How much will Honda need to change their machine to suit his style? Will they, or will they expect him to adapt and develop with setups of existing tech and gear?

I reckon it'll be a blend of the two.. The partnership, I feel, will either be amazing for him or a nightmare. I'm curious to see how it plays out. Although, that being said, I am worried that if it all works a little too well, the series will be a permanent Repsol Honda lockout :/
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Mat Oxley mentioned overnight that Simon Crafar copped criticism when he started, but he is now asking questions that only a rider of his experience has the knowledge to ask.
    Simon definitely got thrown in the deep end. The early criticism was deserved as it made the whole show look amateur, but I'm very pleased and impressed at how hard he's worked on sorting the problems out. He's still got areas to work on, but as Matt Oxley said, the questions and observations he makes are really interesting and it's all stuff nobody else has picked up on. Even Dylan Gray and Neil Spalding weren't picking up the things he is and those two were bloody good.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WALRUS View Post
    Interesting point on the topic of Lorenzo's technique..

http://amcn.com.au/editorial/jorges-new-honda/

How much will Honda need to change their machine to suit his style? Will they, or will they expect him to adapt and develop with setups of existing tech and gear?

I reckon it'll be a blend of the two.. The partnership, I feel, will either be amazing for him or a nightmare. I'm curious to see how it plays out. Although, that being said, I am worried that if it all works a little too well, the series will be a permanent Repsol Honda lockout :/
    I think it'll be closer to what he needs than most think. The Honda needs big sweeping lines at many tracks and that means corner speed, which is definitely the strength of Lorenzo's riding. However, it's a wild ride so it could be interesting.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I think it'll be closer to what he needs than most think. The Honda needs big sweeping lines at many tracks and that means corner speed, which is definitely the strength of Lorenzo's riding. However, it's a wild ride so it could be interesting.
    DP is a striaght line breaker and very precise in his lines.

Sounds a bit like JLs cup of tea to me. I think he's going to make CC his bitch and give MM a good run for his money

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I think most of us have the general gist with respect to the Michelin tyre situation. Here Mat Oxley talks to some of the riders and engineers thus providing some detail.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...chelin-mystery
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Usually fine with the Sky feed just they made a fuck up as they tend to do once a year. Got my mother to record it so ducked round there this morning to watch so no harm done.

Glad I did too as it was epic!

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
    It's usually on Sky Sport 4 but sometimes they put it on one of the pop up channels. If you have MySky with series link set it should sort it out for you.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    Simon definitely got thrown in the deep end. The early criticism was deserved as it made the whole show look amateur, but I'm very pleased and impressed at how hard he's worked on sorting the problems out. He's still got areas to work on, but as Matt Oxley said, the questions and observations he makes are really interesting and it's all stuff nobody else has picked up on. Even Dylan Gray and Neil Spalding weren't picking up the things he is and those two were bloody good.
    He even got an interview with Marquez on the grid!

I think he's doing well now, but the first couple of races were bumpy.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    LOL.

It looked like JLo really enjoyed himself at Brno. He was obviously pissed off to come 2nd , but he did more overtakes in one race than he used to manage in a whole season.

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    LOL.

It looked like JLo really enjoyed himself at Brno.
    I really enjoyed JLo at Brno too.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    and how many times can you sat that mm got passed with the same ruthlessness that he ussually uses. i think 0 If it were not for those couple of passes i think either mm or jl would have won that race
    Now this weekend could be epic squared. AD will want to win.JL will want to win.If vr is a wee bit back i think mm will risk a win or bin

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadpole View Post
    I really enjoyed JLo at Brno too.
    How did you get his room number?

Bike
    77 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    How did you get his room number?
    He always texts it to me. I make him my bitch and he has a good weekend on and off the track.
    The best way to forget all your troubles is to wear tight underpants.

Bike
    husaberg
    I never realised Honda went big bang firing order again due to the electronics limitations. Explains why they are easier to ride compared to a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Big bang is the new normal. KTM tested big bang engines at Brno but they haven't used them in a race yet. Dunno about Suzuki and Aprilia.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Thread Information