Page 73 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2124

Thread: MotoGP 2018

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    So the hot topic overnight is the possibility of George riding a MarcVDS Yamaha. That’d be cool to watch, there would be definite needle between him and the factory team.

Still haven’t seen a report of the exact nature of the Marc VDS financial problem.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Apparently the basis of the rumour that Mir is going to Suzuki is that Honda let their option lapse to sign him for next year, which has been taken to mean that Dani is staying and Mir is off to Suzuki. Time will tell.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    what about the rumours where Jonathan Rea may fit in???

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    There's a feeling that maybe just a move by Rea to strengthen contract negotiations.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'm always a week behind as I watch the summary on TV3 on a Sunday with a nice local craft beer. Nice to see Rossi on the podium. Sick of that other fucker taking first again......

I reckon they need to open the rules on what one can run - max cc for sure but configure the engine as the makers see fit. It's is meant to be the pinical of racing - open it up. Ditto F1 and all that regulation BS.

I want innovation and development - FFS next years mega sports XXX is just last years Moto GP ride. I want to be awed by V6 engines running 30,000 rpms or something similar.

Quite looking forward to Triumph entering next year as the oil on the track should at least make it more interesting! And F-me a triple at max rpms is a joy to hear. Be interesting to see if they are as reliable as Hondas old 600.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I'm always a week behind as I watch the summary on TV3 on a Sunday with a nice local craft beer. Nice to see Rossi on the podium. Sick of that other fucker taking first again......

I reckon they need to open the rules on what one can run - max cc for sure but configure the engine as the makers see fit. It's is meant to be the pinical of racing - open it up. Ditto F1 and all that regulation BS.

I want innovation and development - FFS next years mega sports XXX is just last years Moto GP ride. I want to be awed by V6 engines running 30,000 rpms or something similar.

Quite looking forward to Triumph entering next year as the oil on the track should at least make it more interesting! And F-me a triple at max rpms is a joy to hear. Be interesting to see if they are as reliable as Hondas old 600.
    Would be great yes. But it'll just become the Honda ahow. They have the budget.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I was reading something that Richard Scott wrote the other day He said it was ongoing issues with a hard head knock was that was what bugggered him up after a impressive start with Kenny Roberts. I always thought previously he was given a raw deal by Roberts, but no he was very glowing of the support Kenny's team had given him.
    I am pretty Sure that was what finished Daryl Beattie's career as well. His early results were on par with Doohans.
    yes Scott was impressive on the v3 atr whanganui first sub minuter lap know am told production bikes are under that too.

i watched Darly beatie at manfield cant remeber what bike he had off at higgins i thught that too too, but read up where in latter years he went well on the suzuki 500

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket

Nah fuck that I want close racing, not Ducati and Honda winning everything as they throw the most money at it racing. With the rules as they are we have some epic stuff going on, pretty sure they could make more power than they are with some different regs, but they're struggling to contain 260 hp imagine what would happen if they started strapping on turbos etc...

Agree the Triumphs are going to be good though, never been a fan of a inline 4 screaming it's head off (even owned one) so a new noise with some more power should be just the ticket.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    yes Scott was impressive on the v3 atr whanganui first sub minuter lap know am told production bikes are under that too.

i watched Darly beatie at manfield cant remeber what bike he had off at higgins i thught that too too, but read up where in latter years he went well on the suzuki 500
    Pretty sure beatie rode an aging RC30 the year Roche blew the Ducati all over the track.
    You are sure right though, beattie had one decent year after the toes but before the head injury.
    He finished third in the champs only to be dropped by honda
    and after a disastrous year on dunlops at Yamaha.
    He finished second in the champs on Suzuki in 95 before the accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Many of the classic tracks in Europe have barely enough runoff with the current bikes, so more power isn't an option. Anyway, they can't even use the current 270 hp with that crap control ECU.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWST? View Post
    Here's the latest from Mat Oxley on the current state of silly season:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...k-silly-season

Well actually not quite the latest. Oxley has since posted that Rea's manager had flown from the USA to be at Le Mans for the GP. Very unlikely that he did that for a glass of vin rouge. Who was he talking to?
    Your guess is as good as anybody else's.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Seems Dovi and Petrucci was out driving Lamborghinis while Lorenzo went on a boat ride.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    The few public comments under that article are a tad pungent. Iannone has some passionate fans it seems.

Jorge has reportedly said he will be around for two more years and on a good bike.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Rins has thrown a Spanish alien spanner into the works. Someone's going to be left without a factory seat whether its Dani, George, Eahhnonee or Petrux I am not sure .

Annoys me how much they are fighting for him though, I do think he's the next best thing but so is Bagniaia from what I have seen, winning on a Mahindra was no easy task.

Thread Information