Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassina - advice

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    That video applies to the vast majority of people posting in this thread.
    Are you including yourself in that list?

And no I didn't come flocking to your post rather I was just reading the thread. Also one person cannot flock.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    Well fuck me....

A Shehad or whatever it's called....

Please swallow your burka and choke on it

Ohh and before I forget,

you are a fuckwit

A fuckwit of unimaginable proportions,

But a fuckwit none the less
    More Debs Night Out than Home Again: or maybe Killjoy. Or Churn.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you left out my personal (and most dangerous and phsically impossible) favourite of "having two fingers on your front brake around corners, and using the front brake to 'tighten your line'"

or the repeated insistence that the only three options available while "riding" (by luck only) are crashing, braking or swerving
    wait what the hell?

anyone who has actually ridden a motorcycle knows that isn't how that works. front brake in a corner stands the thing up and shoots you wide!

covering the front brake in traffic is something I do now unconsciously but its for idiot avoidance. Do you think somewhere someone read about trail braking (again, a different thing entirely) and is confused?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    motocompo
    Best I can tell, Cassina rides a telelever BMW, in which case the normal rules don't apply.
    They don't steepen up under front braking, but you can do pretty much anything you like with one without getting yourself in too much shit.
    Might help explain some of the claptrap.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Might help explain some of the claptrap.
    That, and, to quote ax, fuckwittery

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    [QUOTE=cassina;1131072840]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post

I have never said I go from no brake to some front brake mid corner but use the front brake very slightly sometimes after having already slowed to give me a tighter line if I have overcooked the corner slightly. You note in the article I posted they say that the application of the front brake mid corner improves steering so I would interpret that to mean a tighter line could be acheived by doing it. I admit not to be much into technical riding lingo and I remember once on here I said on real tight bends I have coasted around them due to low gear being too low and second too high and I got attacked for my comment but one poster asked if I clutch slipped which they did not see anything wrong with and I said I did do that but if you think about it though pulling in your clutch and leaving it in will make your bike coast. If there is any riding school and it may even be a motorcycle racing school in NZ that teaches what I and the rideapart.com story says maybe someone will post. I note the heading for the ride apart website story is headed up 10 motorcycle riding skills no one knows or words to that effect. I have yet to read the others myself but simply googled what I did to see if I was the only one in the world doing it.
    Why then did a previous post of yours say you gave the brakes a tap rather than applied increased pressure???. Just for shits and giggles do want to describe your common corner routine including mention of exactly what you do with the brake lever.

No, you dont have to prove anything to the kb couch trainers im just interested to see if in fact your actually way betterer than we thought, even if your shite at general communication and comprehension

Bike
    I Ride No More
    [QUOTE=cassina;1131072853]

My advise to you sport is to perhaps go back to riding school and do a basic braking course rather than do what I do as you will only blame me if you come off. Sounds like the advise and it is advise from the article I posted is over your head too as you would be out there trying it out would you not?
    We're just interested in reading about your cornering technique (both
    left and right corners, preferably). In your own words.

We didn't say that we were going to immediately rush out and do the
    same.

Quite happy if you want to add a qualifier in large letters at the start.
    As a warning to the audience.

Well ?

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post

My advise to you sport is to perhaps go back to riding school and do a basic braking course rather than do what I do as you will only blame me if you come off. Sounds like the advise and it is advise from the article I posted is over your head too as you would be out there trying it out would you not?
    Um nup, im pretty sire i underatood the article and can do what is being suggested although road riding it is not generally something i do. My issue is you implying that what you have suggsted you do is similar to what the article is describing. I simply asked you to better articulate what you do so i could see if it was indeed trail braking or something else. To be clear, i wad asking for my own entertainment and not to try and understand so i could copy you.

Much to the dissapointment of others no doubt, ill take the bait and have one more crack - from the point at which you initiate your braking, do you keep some form of pressure on tbe brakes through the corner, or at least until the apex or the point at which you are ready to accelerate?

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I said I apply the front brake slightly to tighten my cornering line. The article says applying the front brake (with practise) in a corner improves steering which as I said could also mean enabling a tighter line but if you disagree no problem its just you lot were after proof of my claims and now I have given an example you still have doubt???. What you are trying to ask for is the degree of pressure I apply to my front brakes and sorry I cant coment other than to say light pressure. I dont actually analyse every movement I do when riding like you and what the riding schools recommend as I just go and "Just Do it" as the Nike ad says. Now that you have proof I am not alone in what I do why not do a google search for more proof of it since you find it so entertaining. Maybe you could post on the website I gave reference to get more technical info as they would be more lingo literate than me.
    No the article talks about initiating braking as normal but keeping the brakes on through the corner. Is this what you do? The question is so rertardedly easy to answer, even one of your poos should be able to answer it yet you struggle.

HOLY FUCK!!!!!

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    No the article talks about initiating braking as normal but keeping the brakes on through the corner. Is this what you do? The question is so rertardedly easy to answer, even one of your poos should be able to answer it yet you struggle.

HOLY FUCK!!!!!

Or actually in a lot of cases, reducing (ie letting the lever out) after turn in whereas you are telling us you apply the brakes (IE pull the lever in) yet you are convinced what you are doing is the same as the article.

Out of interest, do you ever use other means of "tightening" your line?

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    anyone who has actually ridden a motorcycle knows that isn't how that works. front brake in a corner stands the thing up and shoots you wide!
    There's a big difference between grabbing a large handful of front brake and a gentle application of the same.

But hey, if you feel at home in the big KB circle jerk, don't let me stop you.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex

HOLY FUCK!!!!!

Are you autistic?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=cassina;1131072840]

I have never said I go from no brake to some front brake mid corner but use the front brake very slightly sometimes after having already slowed to give me a tighter line if I have overcooked the corner slightly. You note in the article I posted they say that the application of the front brake mid corner improves steering so I would interpret that to mean a tighter line could be acheived by doing it.
    If you slow in a corner it will tend to tighten the line. That's true whether you slow by rolling back the throttle or using either, or both, brakes. As long as you don't spend more than the proverbial dollar.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Cassina's article is mainly for track use. Tracks are normally grippy and clean, the average country road corner may or may not be clean, it may or may not have good grip. Turning in under hard braking could be a big let down.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Cassina's article is mainly for track use. Tracks are normally grippy and clean, the average country road corner may or may not be clean, it may or may not have good grip. Turning in under hard braking could be a big let down.
    Where the fuck did Cassina advocate hard braking mid-corner?

Thread Information