Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cassina - advice

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I asked him that once myself.

I doubt you'll get any less retarded answer than I got.
    And I gave you an Answer, and referenced a post.

Specifically - it was telling riders that on signposted 25 Kph corners, they might need to put their feet down.

Remember - unlike yourself, I actually answer questions asked - you should try it sometime.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Remember - unlike yourself, I actually answer questions asked - you should try it sometime.
    Have you ever lived in Australia?

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    What specific "advise" do I give to others on here? Do you just take if I do a particular thing it must be ok for you and others to do as well? That is a silly way to think as everyone has a different riding ability and what may work for an experienced rider like myself could be dangerous for a beginner. You sound like the sort of person who if they read on a discussion forum that its an easy jump from a 125 beginner bike to a 1000cc sports bike you would believe it
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Seriously? You do see the irony in this don't you?
    I see woodmans irony and raise him 600000000000 dollars

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Have you ever lived in Australia?
    I gave you an answer to that one as well...

Do try to keep up.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    What specific "advise" do I give to others on here? Do you just take if I do a particular thing it must be ok for you and others to do as well? That is a silly way to think as everyone has a different riding ability and what may work for an experienced rider like myself could be dangerous for a beginner. You sound like the sort of person who if they read on a discussion forum that its an easy jump from a 125 beginner bike to a 1000cc sports bike you would believe it and go from a 125 to a 1000cc bike yourself.
    and what may work for an experienced rider like myself could be dangerous for a beginner.

an experienced rider like myself
    I'm going to tag John Cleese in here:

Things that work for you but might be dangerous for a new Rider:

Crashing, lots - Nope.
    Needing to put your feet down on hairpins - Still nope.
    Reckless Dogocide - Again, Nope.

In short, if a new rider does the opposite of what you do - there is a 90% chance they will live to a ripe old age.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    I'm going to tag John Cleese in here:
    you left out my personal (and most dangerous and phsically impossible) favourite of "having two fingers on your front brake around corners, and using the front brake to 'tighten your line'"

or the repeated insistence that the only three options available while "riding" (by luck only) are crashing, braking or swerving

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    you left out my personal (and most dangerous and phsically impossible) favourite of "having two fingers on your front brake around corners, and using the front brake to 'tighten your line'"

or the repeated insistence that the only three options available while "riding" (by luck only) are crashing, braking or swerving
    And the "when driving a car, I brake before the end of passing zones to let people wishing to pass go by " - or run into me....

I had an acquaintance - who would have developed into a friend, I'm sure - killed driving a F5000 car by a bastard who moved over rather than holding his line.
    Everything cassina posts reads horribly like that scenario about to happen again.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    And the "when driving a car, I brake before the end of passing zones to let people wishing to pass go by " - or run into me....

I had an acquaintance - who would have developed into a friend, I'm sure - killed driving a F5000 car by a bastard who moved over rather than holding his line.
    Everything cassina posts reads horribly like that scenario about to happen again.
    maybe he just needed a bigger car so he was safer

(bad taste, sorry)

Bike
    suzuki
    What specific "advise" do I give to others on here?
    given that line it better not be spelling.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Your use of CRC

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I'm going to tag John Cleese in here.
    That video applies to the vast majority of people posting in this thread.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Its how much front brake you apply as to whether what I have said is dangerous or not.
    I wouldn't go expecting anyone here to read anything into your posts that doesn't conform to their KB circle jerk agenda.

You're bound to be disappointed.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    [QUOTE=cassina;1131072823]
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

I said I did it and it worked for me. I never said that others should try it. Its how much front brake you apply as to whether what I have said is dangerous or not. You had better not try it as you will likely end up crashing.
    Are you absolutely positive that application of the front brake tightened your line. Like really, really postive!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post

Are you absolutely positive that application of the front brake tightened your line. Like really, really postive!
    Well that would depend on how light the application of the front brake was.

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    [QUOTE=cassina;1131072836]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post

Here is an article from the website www.rideapart.com

I did not learn from this website but it clearly states what I do is possible and they claim it improves safety too. PLEASE NOTE THEY SAY TO PRACTISE ON A RACE TRACK. Good luck if you give it a go. From what they have said this is something beginners should not try.

Trail Brake For Faster, Safer Cornering

Whoa, whoa, whoa? You mean you brake in a corner? Yep, and it’ll make you both faster and safer. Here’s how and why.

Applying a motorcycle’s front brake will slow you down. Of course. And, in doing so, it’ll compress the front suspension and shift the weight onto the front tire, expanding its contact patch and increasing its grip. That has the dual effect of making the bike steer quicker and making it so you can push the front end harder. Together, that adds miles per hour.

READ MORE: Why You Need Gear – An ER Doc Explains | RideApart

You should really learn how to do this in the safe environment of a race track, where there are no cars around, where vision is good and where falling down won’t necessarily kill you.

Just brake a little later into a corner so you’ll still be on the brakes a little as you begin to turn. Feel good? Brake a little later the next time and a little later after that. Eventually, after much practice, you’ll get to the point where you’re hitting the apex at pace, just as you let go of the last little bit of front brake and begin to apply a little throttle. That’s right, no coasting, you swap brake for throttle at the apex.

Later braking means more time spent accelerating on the straights means faster lap times.

It also helps with safety. Because the front suspension will already be compressed, the front tire’s contact patch already maximized, you’ll be able to use that brake lever to tighten or widen your line, without upsetting the bike. That pays huge dividends on the road, where you often come around a blind corner to spot a patch of gravel or similar. Trail braking will help you avoid that obstacle in a safe, fluid, smooth manner.

Be aware of the grip a tire has available. Leaning and braking both require grip from the same, finite source. The more you lean, the less you can brake and vice versa. As you near max lean, you near max grip. As you near max brake, you also near max grip. Cross the two and you’ll be laying on the ground, watching your bike cartwheel through a gravel trap.
    Cool, so you're trail braking - neat, if thats the case, gòod on ya, nice skills, but thats not what i recall seeing you describe in previous posts so much as "covering" the brake and using it/applying it (to be clear from no brake to some brake) mid corner. No-one is saying you cant brake in a corner should the need arise however stating that its to change your line is odd.... maybe i need a new riding school

Thread Information