Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bike preparation, who reads the rules regarding numbers

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    One of hundreds of tweaks needed to the rules. For instance, the rules say that a board should be shown on the start line for all riders to check their helmets. For road racing this is done on the dummy grid before leaving the pits, but there's no rule to cover doing that.
    why's it done at the dummy grid when the rule says start line? it was shown at methven this year, and a rider found his not done up so it works.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    so no-one in recent years has thought to alter the rule to maybe fit with modern bikes then?
    Obviously not.

Bike
    Exercycle
    why's it done at the dummy grid when the rule says start line? it was shown at methven this year, and a rider found his not done up so it works.
    CAMS doing it by the book...Others may not be so picky.

I'm showing my age here, LOL, but I can remember when you turned up to scrutineering at major meetings and there was often a signwriter there with the appropriate paint. If your numbers weren't good enough, they got redone on the spot.
    The old man was Chief lapscorer at Cust up to '62. If he couldn't read a number from the lapscorers stand during practise, the rider got a bollocking and it was fixed for race day. No arguments.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    A lot of meetings run without anybody on the grid so there's nobody there to show the sign. Also, the flaggie that waves the finish flag is too far away at a lot of tracks. Hampton Downs it'd be a shit of a thing to try and see let alone read when you're on the grid.

However, the point is the rules are so full of holes there's not a single road race meeting that's been 100% legal for a very long time.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    suzuki

However, the point is the rules are so full of holes there's not a single road race meeting that's been 100% legal for a very long time.
    and one of my points is to point these things out and get them written betterer, personally i'd never given a thought to the pit exit being a much more logical place to catch peoples eyes, rather than at the front row of a huge grid....
    each track of course is different but that makes a lot more sense.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    We know there's alot of rules that are broken at each race meet. Most wont make you have to pack up and go home.

But this thread was about being able to read race numbers - and if its not possible, exclusions can result.
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    It still has to be on a coloured rectangle or oval 285mm x 235mm.
    Actually I don't think my number boards comply because they're a circle not an oval

One of hundreds of tweaks needed to the rules. For instance, the rules say that a board should be shown on the start line for all riders to check their helmets. For road racing this is done on the dummy grid before leaving the pits, but there's no rule to cover doing that.
    It's always done at MCI events on the start line
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exercycle
    A lot of meetings run without anybody on the grid so there's nobody there to show the sign. Also, the flaggie that waves the finish flag is too far away at a lot of tracks. Hampton Downs it'd be a shit of a thing to try and see let alone read when you're on the grid.

Now there's a challenge....If I was still involved, I'd be interested. Street race meetings generally in my experience anyway, are run by the book and to the letter. The legal penalties for getting it wrong are so bad that you simply have to dot all the I's etc...

The lack of people on the start line is a side effect of using car systems just because they're in place. We are not compelled to use lights or computerised start sequences. Do some people a lot of good to see a flag start occasionally.

Bike
    Various
    Dummy grid makes more sense as there is more time for a proper check and riders regularly struggle to complete the warm-up lap without crashing. A case of carrying out the intent of the rule rather than the letter.

Another little issue I can see arising at round 1 of the Suzuki series is tagging of cords warmers etc. At a recent Taupo track day riders were warned tags would be checked at round 1 and on the entry confirmation the rather all encompassing "all electrical goods must have a current electrical safety test tag", all electrical goods potentially means a large number of items from cellphones to coffee machines and in the case of sidecar riders battery operated sexy lady pleaser toys. Correct me if I'm wrong but the initial tagging requirement came from some tracks if you were plugging into their power supply yet now, as is the way in the modern world has spread to Jared Love's battery operated sex doll.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    Dummy grid makes more sense as there is more time for a proper check and riders regularly struggle to complete the warm-up lap without crashing. A case of carrying out the intent of the rule rather than the letter.

Another little issue I can see arising at round 1 of the Suzuki series is tagging of cords warmers etc. At a recent Taupo track day riders were warned tags would be checked at round 1 and on the entry confirmation the rather all encompassing "all electrical goods must have a current electrical safety test tag", all electrical goods potentially means a large number of items from cellphones to coffee machines and in the case of sidecar riders battery operated sexy lady pleaser toys. Correct me if I'm wrong but the initial tagging requirement came from some tracks if you were plugging into their power supply yet now, as is the way in the modern world has spread to Jared Love's battery operated sex doll.
    Lucky i cant afford a pit garage, you're welcone to come and plug your ladyboy6000 into my generator. Just make sure mine is charged before you unplug it.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Actually I don't think my number boards comply because they're a circle not an oval
    I've found a $50 note, you're fucked now.

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    Lucky i cant afford a pit garage, you're welcone to come and plug your ladyboy6000 into my generator. Just make sure mine is charged before you unplug it.
    Just hope you've had yours tagged.

Bike
    suzuki
    Jared Love's battery operated sex doll.
    i bet you've tagged that a few times yourself?

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando

Its Health and Safety compliance, tracks are business's therefore they have to enforce it.
    Leads are annual but other items that are not subject to wear and tear eg coffee machines are 5 years. Chargers for the S/C toys may be annual if they get a lot of hard use.

I did see mention of only closed footwear in the pits somewhere....AMCC recently?
    I only do Classic Racing and helmet check is always done on the dummy grid.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Its Health and Safety compliance, tracks are business's therefore they have to enforce it.
    Leads are annual but other items that are not subject to wear and tear eg coffee machines are 5 years. Chargers for the S/C toys may be annual if they get a lot of hard use.

I did see mention of only closed footwear in the pits somewhere....AMCC recently?
    I only do Classic Racing and helmet check is always done on the dummy grid.
    you can buy electrical test tags from bunnings I was told.

And socks are closed footwear.

problems solved.

Thread Information