Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone after a DRZ400SM?

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Bullshit
    Not sure where you get your information.
    The injected 660 Yamaha's run a little lean when new, (bloody emissions rules)but can be adjusted by a Yamaha dealer that has the correct gear. Trevor Pierce Yamaha has the correct gear. Other Yamaha dealers should also.
    There are plenty of go fast bits available from the Raptor 660 and 700 (cam, head, larger barrel) that bolt on. Or just power commander, mufflers, air box mod (stage 3 DNA air filter kit) let it breathe, last three saw my XT 660 go from a Yamaha claimed 47hp at the crank, to a dynoed 47hp at the wheel. Not big hp but great torque. Plenty more available.
    Also a friend of mine turboed his XT 660X. Word is, it was a weapon over the hill to Akaroa.
    Not looking for a fight, but my thoughts would be it would be a process to get an xtx to the level of a standard late model duke or especially an SMR, although that's not comparing apples with apples. I know your friends turboed XTX! Word is, it didn't last long! No doubting the riders credentials.

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by SVboy View Post
    Not looking for a fight, but my thoughts would be it would be a process to get an xtx to the level of a standard late model duke or especially an SMR, although that's not comparing apples with apples. I know your friends turboed XTX! Word is, it didn't last long! No doubting the riders credentials.
    You'd be right about a late model KTM being a level above in every way (you pay for that), but the 660X went into production in 2004, not a fair comparison really.
    I thought he said he couldn't kill the XTX but it was hard to start with the turbo. He took it off and put it on his GSX 1400, which I've ridden, and fuck its seriously powerful. But now he's put a smaller turbo on, which is supposed to be easier to ride. Must ask him.
    flashg

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    Sorry to OP for thread hijack! I think the xt went bang, then the 1400 went bang, which he then rebuilt into its current stone throwing state! I have chased him on the hill on my drz400-right behind in the corners only for the 1400 to fuck off big time in the straight bits, while it's frame tried to tie itself into knots!

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    400SM's are 9K new atm from suzuki fest

Thread Information