Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: you shop Contains prohibited item

Bike
    suzuki
    it's getting real hard to send a magneto to aussie now, magnetic shit is voodoo on planes

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It would make one wonder whether they're C3 or C4 spec or not.
    Quite...Another reson for buying locally IMO. If they're not C3 you can refuse to accept them.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it's getting real hard to send a magneto to aussie now, magnetic shit is voodoo on planes
    No-one left in NZ ? Last one I had done was a guy local to me who still does vintage cars and aircraft - but had to be persuaded to do a bike mag.
    He doesn't want to do them cos they're crap quality compared to his usual fare.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    No-one left in NZ ? Last one I had done was a guy local to me who still does vintage cars and aircraft - but had to be persuaded to do a bike mag.
    No last time i got one rewound was in chc in the late 80,s

My xl100k2 i still have and needs doing again as i ran it with a
    Knacked battery for years. i asked at a local sparky here.
    and went to is it norich windings . but no luck.

My freind was thinking of getting a old machine from a local guy but deciced agsint it. its alot of work to manually rewind them.
    it can be done but my freind advisded me agsint it. knowing my skills ;-) i found a place for the wire . but even the milo sheets are expensive that are the insulators on the ends.

i dont know about mags but i brought and shiped stators.
    of course they have no magnets .

I just read a bs email from Nz post why they cant ship my pre greased bearings . apprently its becuase there you shop items.

oh i just paste what they said . needless to say i wont be dealing with them once the 3 times i have in there warehouses are sent.

qoute below. i snet them a replying telling them what idiots they where . and to think cant find a way to post them pathetic . and charge me us 13.00 to send them back

Our YouShop team has advised that your parcel contains '2 PRE-GREASED BEARINGS', which are classed as flammable.

As this item is hazardous, it requires special transportation requirements our YouShop service does not provide. This is because our parcels are shipped in the cargo hold of passenger aircrafts as opposed to dedicated freight only carriers.

In cases like these where the item is leaking or has any vapours or residue on it, the merchant needs to ensure the item has been completely purged of all liquid or gaseous fuel, including residue and vapours, prior to shipping. The US team would also require a purge certificate from the merchant to verify this.

You will need to request through your YouShop account how you would like your item to be processed. You may opt to have the item returned, diverted or disposed of by our YouShop team.
    Please be aware that if there is no prepaid return label for the parcel, you will bare the cost of the return or divert, which is 50% of the postage to NZ. Please contact the merchant to provide a return label for your parcel if you do not wish to pay the cost.

We apologise that we are unable to forward this item to you, and recommend you check our Terms and Conditions prior to sending anything to one of our YouShop warehouses.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Did you try Econohonda locally?
    Thanks man yeah i used to deal with him but was bit funny
    In a email so i dont bother anymore . was over a stator.
    but am not paying over the top price when u can get a .
    one made in a cheap labour country . he is a really nice guy though and delt with many many years great service too.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It would make one wonder whether they're C3 or C4 spec or not.
    the grease thing i assume is to protect from corrision in storage i guess alot sit for many years . it did make me double look.
    All balls ;-) excuse the pun do them cheap too . all over the net and ebay. just plain no grease .

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Another well worth trying is David Silver in the UK - https://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I was talking to Paul Greet last weekend and he has set himself up to rewind/rebuild magnetos. Using Argon as an inert gas in the rewind process and manages to get more wire on the armatures so giving a better spark at low revs (kick-starting). This helps our old pommie bikes, especially on Velocettes with their lower kick/spin ratio. Have yet to see his product but he's a sparkie by trade and sounds like he knows what he's on about. He has also been talking to a friend of mine in Australia, Neil Thirle at TT Enterprises who I know does a bloody good job. I guess Neil is who you referred to Spyda? PM me for Paul's contact details. Cheers Nev.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    but am not paying over the top price when u can get a .
    one made in a cheap labour country .
    How's that worked out for you so far?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    How's that worked out for you so far?
    Am talking 140.00 like rick stators works great.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    www.shipito.com is my carrier of choice but I have never asked them to move stuff that had "greased" in the description
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've pretty much got bored of going to the local bearing retailers. They can all go out of business for all I care. Saeco I'd been going to for over 20 years but the prices got silly so they can offer their big customers 80% discount and tradies 60% but they seem keen to fuck over the public with stupidly inflated prices and no discount . Fuck em I say.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by swarfie View Post
    I guess Neil is who you referred to Spyda?
    not sure, peter thomson told me,

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Motor parts are clearly listed, with strict rules around their import/export.

I found that firearm parts are a great deal easier to get from the USA, which is strange

I used to use www.buyusa.co.nz, however YOUSHOP made it too tough for them, so they are no longer in business.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Motor parts are clearly listed, with strict rules around their import/export.

I found that firearm parts are a great deal easier to get from the USA, which is strange

I used to use www.buyusa.co.nz, however YOUSHOP made it too tough for them, so they are no longer in business.
    I had no idea they suggested i look at the baned list but i looked when i joined you shop for that very reason.
    I of course no gasoline or aerosols ;-)
    what u said made me more determined to quit you shop.
    That and they sent me emails saying hurry up and pay after 2 weeks, i spent 2 grand with them . and i knew where cheaper options but wanted to support nz company.
    Mind you know matter it goes though them anyways weather its dhl or fed ex. i really impressed with fed ex .
    considering how much volume they must have there systems are spot on esp for tracking amazing. nz post are exellent too.

Thread Information