Thread: Advice on my first bike - I have two choices. Hysosung or Keeway.

Bike
    None

Advice on my first bike - I have two choices. Hysosung or Keeway.

Hi all,

I've just started a full-time job (just graduated) and need a vehicle. My price range is capped at $2000, or I'll never be able to buy one and I'll be stuck using public transport for months. I'm wanting something economical to commute but with enough grunt to go from (for example) Napier to Wellington. My basic research has led to a 250cc.

There are two that I've come across, both of which seem great. One is a 2004 Hyosung Aquila, which has done around 30,000ks. $1400 with a helmet. Well maintained, bike enthusiast family (and seller works in bike distributions) with rego and warrant into early next year. By all accounts has relatively new parts.

The other is a 2008 Keeway Supershadow, with 7,700kms and a bit of rust from being outside due to limited shed space. $1300 ONO. Is quite a bit further out from where I am (so a few hundred additional on transport) and has really only been used for commuting to University in Auckland. Brand new tyres. No rego, WOF until November next year.

I'm really torn, although I'm leaning far more towards the Hyosung because it seems to be a better model, a little heavier (for long distance travel) and has been well used and looked after. I've spoken extensively to the seller and she seems genuine. My only hesitation is that the Keeway is a little cheaper (depends what I could get and transport) and has substantially less kms.

Hoping your collective wisdom can help.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Hyosung from those 2. Least you can get parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    S1000RR
    From what you have described I'd go for the Hyosung. Like nzspokes said, at least you can get parts in NZ. As long as it's well maintained then it should serve you good.

There's a saying with buying a Chinese bike: If you decided to buy one, you deserve every mechanical faults you will get..!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    +2, Hyosung.

How much riding kit have you got?

Thread Information