Thread: First bike - brand new Honda Shadow (150cc) or a 2012 Hyosung Aquila (250cc)

Bike
    None

First bike - brand new Honda Shadow (150cc) or a 2012 Hyosung Aquila (250cc)

Hi,

Just looking at buying my first bike. I posted here before, and established that Hyosung is better than a Keeway.

Round two (I'll be buying later this week) is a Hyosung Aquila 2012 or a Honda Shadow 2018. Both are similar prices, and the Hyosung has only done 6500kms.

I need a commuter, but I want to have a bit of speed. I've been assured the 150cc will get me around and go the distance, but not quickly. And for just over $3000 (all inclusive) a near-new Hyosung 250 is a good deal and will certainly fit the category of commute and distance.

Any help will be appreciated. I don't want to waste my money on naivety.

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    Personally I would go for the Hyosung a few extra cc give you a bit growing space ie from commuting to mid range day tripping or maybe further. I've seen one of those do a Auckland to Nelson return and the guy that rode it, lets just say, he loved his pies and knowing him and from following he certainly knew how to get the most out of it if you get idea.

Thread Information