Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Camera's - What are you folk running?

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Damn I was thinking that POV footage in the third vid looked great then realized it was the Pivothead glasses you mentioned. Very impressive for the price.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Damn I was thinking that POV footage in the third vid looked great then realized it was the Pivothead glasses you mentioned. Very impressive for the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanMiller1956 View Post
    @WALRUS Looks very impressive, wouldn't think you can get such high image quality in that price range! Much better than my 2-year old premium recorder.
    They're decent enough, they've brought out better ones since I bought the Durangos though, I think. I'll have a look through my hard drives when I get home from work and see if I can find any raw footage from them so you get a good idea about how they sound and look without a bit of mixing and colour correction haha!

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01

Whoops!!

I totally forgot to get this footage uploaded. This was a mate of mine on a first gen' Street Triple R a couple of years ago. The two main problems with pivothead style POV glasses on bikes are firstly, they point wherever the bridge of your nose points so if you're normally riding with our head tilted down, all you can see is the road directly in front of the bike. Secondly is the aforementioned crappy microphone. Even at the relatively low speeds in this video, it seriously struggles. Walking around is fine, driving a car is fine.. Bikes? Noooooope! So if you want to use this footage online, either dub over it with some tunes, or use an external mic and sync it up in post.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    My ThiEye T5E came in yesterday. Originally mounted with the thumbscrews supplied but remembered I had a bunch of M5 20mm screws. Looks far cleaner

Bike
    2015 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    I have a Sena 10C because chin or front mounted cameras look stupid whilst side helmet mounted cameras are definitely cool. Drift has a new side mount camera which looks pretty good. Before the Sena I had a Tachyon which is a very nice small package but didn't have a seperate mic input.

Cheers

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    chin or front mounted cameras look stupid
    Cutting me deep here fella.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    A bit of footage from a small scoot today. I'm pretty happy with the camera. I just have a slight issue where the battery comes unseated when out of the waterproof case. No biggie just a slight hindrance.

I found I had to drop the exposure value so the sky wasn't blowing out.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki Bandit GSF650
    Blog Entries

camera advise

any current advise on a good but relatively inexpensive camera for a flip face helmet? I run cheap dash cams in my vehicles and feel naked without one on the bike. (I post the best bits on "obliviout drivers NZ" on youtube.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny side up View Post
    any current advise on a good but relatively inexpensive camera for a flip face helmet? I run cheap dash cams in my vehicles and feel naked without one on the bike. (I post the best bits on "obliviout drivers NZ" on youtube.
    Yeah these guys make a great line of cams http://www.thieye.com/action_cameras.html. Mine that captured the footage above is the T5e model. They now do the T5 Edge which has stabilized 4K. I bought mine from Gearbest. Rivals GoPro.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I finally found an acceptable solution for bike mounted camera vibration: a free video editing tool called Shotcut. It has a stabilisation filter that works miracles. Basically, it made footage from the bike that was totally unwatchable and turned it into something that's fine for my own purposes.

Here's an example of some updated footage. I'll try to find the before footage and upload it too at some point:

https://youtu.be/szNly3v23o0

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thread Information