Thread: Sizing of boots

Bike
    A

Sizing of boots

Maybe this should be in rants and raves, even though it's mostly amusing I guess.

Sizing of bike boots cracks me up. The variety in sizing from one brand to another is weird. When I get safety boots, a size 8 (or euro 42) in one brand is about the same in another brand, or close enough anyway.
    Now I've had Revit boots in size 8 or euro size 42, no problems and nice fit. Then added a pair of Gaerne boots, which saw me needing a size 43 to get the right fit. Now I've got me a pair of Sidi boots, and in these I needed to get a 44 to get the fit right. Same with a pair of Alpinestars that I tried, needed a 44. Cracks me up.

Same for some gloves. My preferred brands are Revit and Five. To get a nice snug fit in a Revit my hands need a 2XL glove, there's no way I've got 2 XL hands. Especially when a similar glove in Five is merely an L.

Maybe this is why I'm a fan of buying most of my apparel from an actual bricks and mortar shop in NZ

Bike
    2014 BMW G650GS
    Buying helmets on line seems to me to be lottery, and makes no sense.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Maybe this should be in rants and raves, even though it's mostly amusing I guess.

Sizing of bike boots cracks me up. The variety in sizing from one brand to another is weird. When I get safety boots, a size 8 (or euro 42) in one brand is about the same in another brand, or close enough anyway.
    Now I've had Revit boots in size 8 or euro size 42, no problems and nice fit. Then added a pair of Gaerne boots, which saw me needing a size 43 to get the right fit. Now I've got me a pair of Sidi boots, and in these I needed to get a 44 to get the fit right. Same with a pair of Alpinestars that I tried, needed a 44. Cracks me up.

Same for some gloves. My preferred brands are Revit and Five. To get a nice snug fit in a Revit my hands need a 2XL glove, there's no way I've got 2 XL hands. Especially when a similar glove in Five is merely an L.

Maybe this is why I'm a fan of buying most of my apparel from an actual bricks and mortar shop in NZ
    Maybe you are having too many pie stops......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Next thing you're gonna tell me to cut back on women and booze as well aye?

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    If eating pies has done that, then there's something drastically wrong with caspernz's anatomy...

Bike
    ES XTZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbyhorse View Post
    Buying helmets on line seems to me to be lottery, and makes no sense.
    Took a punt buying from Chromeburner a Shark helmet , it worked out fine , I had a similar Shark previous and emails to and from confirmed size and fit was the same.

Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    And what about overalls /boilersuits. ...?
    Different jobs/companies/brands.....
    I invariably end up either in one humongous oversized onsy or end up with my balls under my armpits. ...
    No 2 makes are ever near the same...
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in bike shops up and down the country trying to find glubs big enough. The first thing I do is empty them all onto the floor and line them all up so any size difference is obvious. Basically, if they're made in China" (most of them) then the only difference between XL, XXL and XXXL is the label.

European stuff is sized sensibly, but almost nobody imports XXXL stock.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by awayatc View Post
    And what about overalls /boilersuits. ...?
    Different jobs/companies/brands.....
    I invariably end up either in one humongous oversized onsy or end up with my balls under my armpits. ...
    No 2 makes are ever near the same...
    Glad it's not just me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in bike shops up and down the country trying to find glubs big enough. The first thing I do is empty them all onto the floor and line them all up so any size difference is obvious. Basically, if they're made in China" (most of them) then the only difference between XL, XXL and XXXL is the label.

European stuff is sized sensibly, but almost nobody imports XXXL stock.
    Come to think of it, fairly rare to find XXXL gloves. Last ones I saw were at Motomail, various brands too. Me thinks they were genuine XXXL ones as well.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Boobs come in different sizeing as well - you may want to look into that.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Boobs come in different sizeing as well - you may want to look into that.
    Hahaha, I've got that topic well in hand

Thread Information