Thread: Where to buy aftermaket gear (Yamaha MT07)

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT07

Where to buy aftermaket gear (Yamaha MT07)

Hi

I'm reasonably new to riding. I just bought a lovely MT 07 and am looking to get a rear carrier for it so that I can install a box for when I need a bit of extra storage.

The official Yamaha gear is pretty pricey and I was wondering if anyone had any good options for international sites that ship to NZ for bike gear? I don't need it to be genuine Yamaha stuff as long as it fits my bike and does not fal apart on first usage but I just don't really have a clue about where to start looking at the moment apart from Ebay/Amazon etc and they still sell everything for the same price.

For a lot of other sports you can get off brand gear so I assume it is the same for motorcycles, just need to know where to look.

Thanks

Huw

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huwjohn View Post
    For a lot of other sports you can get off brand gear so I assume it is the same for motorcycles, just need to know where to look.

Thanks

Huw
    The genuine Yamaha (Bike specific) parts may well have a price that's not to everyone's budget ... but the mounting bolts for a rear carrier will differ considerably from other bikes and brands.

Businesses other than motorcycle company's don't produce much if there is no market for it ... they must be assured the stuff will sell in numbers (in the thousands) or they don't bother.

Get the Brand/model specific carrier and mount the top box of your choice on it.

Have you actually priced a mounting bracket / carrier ... or are you just assuming they will be "pretty pricey" ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2005 Z750S
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I looked at screens and was surprised at the variety available. Nadroj bought a lowering kit for his kid's bike. I get the impression that there's a lot of stuff out there.

Someone else mentioned Ventura, then there's Givi.

Have fun looking.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    SW Motech make some stuff too.

Bike
    A
    Plenty of choice, start with Ventura, then Givi would be my suggestion.

Or have a look at Motomail for their selection, will help you get a better idea.

Thread Information