Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BUACA: Bikers United Against Child Abuse - Australia

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones
    good on ya, but your not one of those people against spanking now are you?
    As spanking is ok, not abuse though

-Indy
    Hmmmmm...debatable......probably just means a temporary loss of control...or the parent don't have a wide enough range of skills. Certainly don't think this should be illegal, or politicians should spend time looking at it. I think it's fair enough for organisations to show better alternatives and educate people so that they can choose the best parenting ways for themselves and their children that work.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2008, GSR600K
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    My point was more aimed at the people who think that making a $5 donation is all that it takes. I wasn't endeavouring to bag worthy causes or those who give up large chunks of their lives to advance these. I was having a go more at consumerism and where it it taking us all...
    Totally agree with you Hitcher - the people that are all talk and no action or as you've said that "give" a minimum and think they're done their bit peeve me off. And then as Draco pointed out you get good groups taken over by nut jobs.

You've gotta be very analytical and critcal before giving support aye.
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones
    good on ya, but your not one of those people against spanking now are you?
    As spanking is ok, not abuse though

-Indy

Don't go there people, please...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 2009 Yamaha FZ1-N
    And why not?

Bike
    Harley 95 Springer

Blah

I pleased to see a few people at least discussing BUACA, or BUACANZ with interest,. Careful consideration is given to Membership programs that,..'filter' those who wish to represent BUACA here in Australia and in fact anywhere in the world for eg: full Police record checking. We have a mixture of members, we have Police, Social people, Media people, cooks, .......and so on. The idea that we're to be 'hijacked' by extremists is apathetic socio-phobic misInformation. You havent taken the time to LOOK at the available info.

Let me feed this to you straight, it's volunteer, none of us make a single dime,..it's my money outa My pocket to pay for my fuel, my time, everything I will do for BUACA I will do because "I want to" without looking for thanks. Our Meetings will have members pay for attending, that's where we get social money set aside to help Members if need be.....

The American BACA is highly interested as we are to spread BACA, BUACA, worldwide. As we speak Canada BACA is forming. The club will be looking for switched on, caring people that give a shit about the continued Attack on our kids life,..we're tired of waiting for half our assed idiot Governments to yawn and do nothing....
    And as for VIGILANTES, No one said we were ALL Angels, give me a break.......if that's what we were all about, then we wouldn't last three days on the street, and I wouldnt be here telling you about it on a public forum,... so please ease up on the bullshit and Keep It real.....

...If anyone thinks they're joining BACA, BUACA, BACA Can BUACA NZ, to be some kind of badass who rides around tracking down and beating up the bad guys, then you are in the wrong club and You will be expelled from associating with the club. Not a good position to be in considering the hard work people are putting in.

I expected the questions here, but not the apathy. And if you must be negative, give valid reasoning. It suprises me, really! We are about change to a kids life, and if you've got better things to do,..then go do them....Mind you, badmouthing BACA, or BUACA and or the BUACA NZ is simply being nieve,< Some of you continue wanting to see explantions for what it's all about, If you had READ previous emails there are plenty of offers and leads to get such info. It appears those questioning this have not yet even bothered to do their research. Cmon lads, it aint that hard.....!

I thank all of those NZ bods out there *(and there's been plenty) that have already contacted US for information. I see you smiling at me for spitting the proverbial dummy because YOU already know what is going on...thanks for taking the time to become informed.

We expect to shake up people who are 'not' against Child Abuse, We scare the pants off them and we will flush them out into the open without really doing much more than existing, its quite fascinating to see it happening. Children may be afraid, but attackers of children are even even more afraid that BUACA will expose them. ..................and we will.................one day.

that;s a wrap, my work here is done

thanks Folks..... stay upright ok

*(cant wait to see the replies I get to this one)

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    IP addresses in NZ are generally assigned via a "pool" of addresses, so you will be able to ID the ISP, but potentially not the user unless the ISP co-operates. Fixed IP addresses cost a significant amount of money over a standard plan, and are generally only purchased by companies in NZ. I'm sorry if the individual that behaved badly came from our community.

Unfortunately that latest rant of yours put me off completely. Knowingly entering into a post on BB with the purpose of gathering outraged responses is considered bad form in most parts of the world. It's called a troll. I'm referring to the postscript at the end of your last message.

Oh and "naive", not "neive".

So if I don't agree with your crusade I'm not against child abuse?

I'm most certainly against sweeping statements.

Here's my rant:

There are a vast array of causes and plights that "shakedown" genuine caring people for loose change, and I don't see your attitude as being any different. And yes I visited your site. I just don't think you represent your membership very well.

I will help someone directly. I will not do it through an agency. History and Human Nature should have taught you that when 3 or more people get together, group politics generally subverts the cause, and some dishonest bastard is stealing money for personal gain from the organisation.

You say on one hand that "...joining BACA, BUACA, BACA Can BUACA NZ, to be some kind of badass who rides around tracking down and beating up the bad guys, .." is not acceptable to your organisation, then manage to insert a veiled threat at the end of the post that IMHO subtly contradicts that sentiment; "Children may be afraid, but attackers of children are even even more afraid that BUACA will expose them. ..................and we will.................one day."

I don't like being threatened or pressured just because I ride a 'bike and you think I should belong to your organisation and I will be a lesser human being because I won't. Rightly or wrongly that is the message I am getting from your posts.

Your orginal approach was good, but you've done yourself a disservice as time has gone on.

I'd like to point out that this post is all mine. I don't claim to represent KiwiBiker or anyone who posts here. I am clear on one thing though. I don't like right-wing, "socially responsible" vigilante groups that use bullying tactics, either violent or non-violent.

Jim2
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Harley 95 Springer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2
    IP addresses in NZ are generally assigned via a "pool" of addresses, so you will be able to ID the ISP, but potentially not the user unless the ISP co-operates. Fixed IP addresses cost a significant amount of money over a standard plan, and are generally only purchased by companies in NZ. I'm sorry if the individual that behaved badly came from our community.

Unfortunately that latest rant of yours put me off completely. Knowingly entering into a post on BB with the purpose of gathering outraged responses is considered bad form in most parts of the world. It's called a troll. I'm referring to the postscript at the end of your last message.

Oh and "naive", not "neive".

So if I don't agree with your crusade I'm not against child abuse?

I'm most certainly against sweeping statements.

Here's my rant:

There are a vast array of causes and plights that "shakedown" genuine caring people for loose change, and I don't see your attitude as being any different. And yes I visited your site. I just don't think you represent your membership very well.

I will help someone directly. I will not do it through an agency. History and Human Nature should have taught you that when 3 or more people get together, group politics generally subverts the cause, and some dishonest bastard is stealing money for personal gain from the organisation.

You say on one hand that "...joining BACA, BUACA, BACA Can BUACA NZ, to be some kind of badass who rides around tracking down and beating up the bad guys, .." is not acceptable to your organisation, then manage to insert a veiled threat at the end of the post that IMHO subtly contradicts that sentiment; "Children may be afraid, but attackers of children are even even more afraid that BUACA will expose them. ..................and we will.................one day."

I don't like being threatened or pressured just because I ride a 'bike and you think I should belong to your organisation and I will be a lesser human being because I won't. Rightly or wrongly that is the message I am getting from your posts.

Your orginal approach was good, but you've done yourself a disservice as time has gone on.

I'd like to point out that this post is all mine. I don't claim to represent KiwiBiker or anyone who posts here. I am clear on one thing though. I don't like right-wing, "socially responsible" vigilante groups that use bullying tactics, either violent or non-violent.

Jim2
    but potentially not the user unless the ISP co-operates.
    *sigh, gee thanks.

ok..

See, causing even negative replies is great. We can sit here and outwit each other for days. AM I being blamed for not be an Academic? Sounds like it. Not putting across my points, in YOUR view correctly as an educated man? Appears so. I think people will understand where its coming from rather than expect every sentence to be politically correct and written by a scientist.

But I have more important things to say than surgically detail a reply here, nor incite "innuendo" as you have. But you've slid neatly over the point. And that's fine, this isnt for everyone. No one said it was. This is hard stuff to deal with and I understand your negative analysis, apart from pointing out my TYPOS. You have done nothing, very well . But it appears it's not anything you are likely to be involved in, in the future. I dont think many people with your train of thought WILL become involved. This is not an ordinary ask. We expect extra ordinary people, please dont be angry at ME for your failings to understand HOW Ive explained all this. In fact it goes beyond that, and I understand you not being able to deal with it, but please..leave my TYPOS alone that's not going to win you points for picking on my grammatical skills *(is that how you spell it?)./....................I try

Your opinions are noted. Not taken on board at all, but noted. I do worry about many things, just not any of your points to which you manage to 'spin'. NOTE*
    This is the first person to suggest 'right wing' social comments, anything else, .....Nazis?. So far three of us have bald heads. Are you going to stereotype not only my typing abilities but appearance as well?? Re-read your DIKSHUNARY and determine why you want to play with RW comments. Not necessary really...the war is over. The war for the kids has just begun, and no one has asked you specifically to get involved.

You sir, do not understand what's happening out there with the kids, I noticed you glossed over the main points yet felt it better to attack me personally, and that's ok, I expect it and dont care if you whine against the BUACA.

And finally I dont think having certain people fall into focus through the email I received who claims to be from this site, was, as you term a veiled threat,.... is anything to be concerned over. Receiving threats via email IS against the Law, read it closer.

People will stuff it up all by themselves.Whilst... We'll be there to help the kids. You can knock me down here, but another will get up in my place, and so on, because we care about our kids.

onya
    Spook

......typos?

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    You started well, but you seem to be taking the wheels off all on your own. Your last post makes an implication that bikers on this forum who wouldn't want to join or contribute to BUACA are somehow diminished because of your just cause.

I applaud your efforts to raise funds and awareness to support those people at the sharp end of child welfare and safety. However yours is not the only way, nor is it IMHO the best way; but it is part of an overall process.

It is sad that an individual has taken it upon themselves to misbehave on your sites; but come on, your a grown up.....you should be able to deal with this. Surely YOU are not naieve as to think there aren't people out there that will do almost anything for attention including vandalising, hijacking, ot trolling on sites.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    Harley 95 Springer
    Quote Originally Posted by bluninja
    You started well, but you seem to be taking the wheels off all on your own. Your last post makes an implication that bikers on this forum who wouldn't want to join or contribute to BUACA are somehow diminished because of your just cause.

I applaud your efforts to raise funds and awareness to support those people at the sharp end of child welfare and safety. However yours is not the only way, nor is it IMHO the best way; but it is part of an overall process.

It is sad that an individual has taken it upon themselves to misbehave on your sites; but come on, your a grown up.....you should be able to deal with this. Surely YOU are not naieve as to think there aren't people out there that will do almost anything for attention including vandalising, hijacking, ot trolling on sites.
    wheels off? ...you crack me up

These kind of replies are to be expected. But I expected more since this started. Only three really negative replies so far and all highly ambiguous? When we get to a couple of thousand, maybe, we'd have a point of view that represents NZ Bikers. and,..Im in no hurry...
    I mean look at the facts.....nearly 400 views on this thread and only 38 replies...

Cmon people get in here and have an opinion!!

"child abuse ignored is child abuse"

Spook
    SA BUACA
    AUSTRALIA

Rereading this thread I see no mugu or magu has posted - I hope this is not another of your typos.This is my second post on this thread - I hope no one thinks I am who you are trying to mention,spelling can be important sometimes.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Harley 95 Springer
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Rereading this thread I see no **** or ***** has posted - I hope this is not another of your typos.This is my second post on this thread - I hope no one thinks I am who you are trying to mention,spelling can be important sometimes.
    Sorry Motu....it was referred to as an email I received personally, and I guess there's a few Nutters out there we'll have to contend with.....

And due to your comments Ill blank the comments used.....and my typos aint that bad.....are they?

cheers
    Spook

Bike
    Harley 95 Springer
    IP addresses in NZ are generally assigned via a "pool" of addresses, so you will be able to ID the ISP, but potentially not the user unless the ISP co-operates.

That's ok, we know that

Unfortunately that latest rant ??? rant?? of yours put me off completely. Knowingly entering into a post on BB with the purpose of gathering outraged responses is considered bad form in most parts of the world. It's called a troll. I'm referring to the postscript at the end of your last message.

Oh and "naive", not "neive".<<

So if I don't agree with your crusade *(??) I'm not against child abuse?
    Hey Jimmy, CHild Abuse ignored IS child abuse mate

I'm most certainly against sweeping *(??) statements.

Here's my rant:

There are a vast array of causes and plights that "shakedown" genuine caring people for loose change, and I don't see your attitude as being any different.
    *shakedown? And yes I visited your site. I just don't think you represent your membership very well. *Why, you dont say why or how?

*Give an example of this Jim, yure not backing up your statements.....umm, this is an over 18 Forum right? .

You say on one hand that "...joining BACA, BUACA, BACA Can BUACA NZ, to be some kind of badass who rides around tracking down and beating up the bad guys, .." is not acceptable to your organisation, then manage to insert a veiled threat at the end of the post that IMHO subtly contradicts that sentiment; "Children may be afraid, but attackers of children are even even more afraid that BUACA will expose them. ..................and we will.................one day." *Jim, that's isnt a threat, ...it's a Promise

I don't like being threatened *aren't we having fun yet? or pressured just because I ride a 'bike and you think I should belong to your organisation and I will be a lesser human being because I won't. Rightly or wrongly that is the message I am getting from your posts. *Sorry Jim, I dont remembering telling you to do anything

I'd like to point out that this post is all mine. *Im impressed I don't claim to represent KiwiBiker or anyone who posts here. I am clear on one thing though. I don't like right-wing, "socially responsible" vigilante groups that use bullying tactics, either violent or non-violent.

Jim2
    gotta agree with you there on the last point,..but that's the only one.... it's all a little ambiguous.....Jim.....however,...can you name one group that represents that.

You've made plenty of statements with simply NO information to back your claims.....please reiterate (is that how you spell it?)

Im sorry if I appear a little,......................harsh,
    Spook

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Jim - I hope you have 10 pound line and a good reel on....this ones a fighter

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    IP addresses in NZ are generally assigned via a "pool" of addresses, so you will be able to ID the ISP, but potentially not the user unless the ISP co-operates. Fixed IP addresses cost a significant amount of money over a standard plan, and are generally only purchased by companies in NZ.
    IP addresses are only granted as fixed on broadbank internet services - not dialup.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook
    wheels off? ...you crack me up

These kind of replies are to be expected. But I expected more since this started. Only three really negative replies so far? When we get to a couple of thousand, maybe, we'd have a point of view that represents NZ Bikers. and,..Im in no hurry...
    I mean look at the facts.....nearly 400 views on this thread and only 38 replies...

Cmon people get in here and have an opinion!!

"child abuse ignored is child abuse"

Spook
    SA BUACA
    AUSTRALIA
    Spook, glad I am cracking you up Yes 400 views but only 38 replies. The question may be what prevents these watchers from posting their opinion? Or is it the same sad person viewing over and over (we had another troll who claimed there were only 15 people that posted on this whole site).

I certainly don't ignore child abuse and I have had to deal with the results of serious neglect and child abuse by others to others. So please don't even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by spook
    We expect to shake up people who are 'not' against Child Abuse, We scare the pants off them and we flush them out into the open without really doing much more than existing, its quite fascinating. Children may be afraid, but attackers of children are even even more afraid that BUACA will expose them
    So who are these people 'not' against child abuse?(apart from paedophiles)

Do you know that most child abuse starts with a parent trying to teach a child a lesson, perhaps put a little fear into them? What lesson do you think your ''scare the pants off them" approach will give? it's the same lesson an abused child gets....if you are bigger and stronger you can instill fear because of the power you wield, and what you can(do?) do. I notice that this isn't even directed at child abusers. This is not the way to protect children or make a significant change long term.

PS interesting that you edited your first reply...you certainly aren't a poet
    Legalise anarchy

Thread Information