Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking a power downgrade?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...i 'ave a sporty...where do i go from here...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    The only way is up.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    [IMG]really cool little highway cruiser[/IMG]
    ...I have some old 2t 50's on the property somewhere...they was always gunna be mo ride...that's the benchmark for me , thank fuck...thank you...rastus, git fucked, I don't need your pragmatic posts to unnerve my plans of expanding my motorcycling horizons...

Bike
    Exercycle
    .. I don't need your pragmatic posts to unnerve my plans of expanding my motorcycling horizons...
    What ? outside Banks Peninsular ?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    What ? outside Banks Peninsular ?

...who needs more...

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    ...who needs more...
    Some is good. More is better.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Many excellent responses....it does seem like the biggest barrier to moving to a smaller bike is mental.

I'm really just looking for something really fun within legal speeds in the short window before I have to go back to a pillion-friendly bike. That's why I'm interested in supermoto, especially as it's so different to anything else I've ridden.

I'm pretty drunk right now, and if the shop were open I'm pretty sure I'd lock in the Husky 701 right now...let's see how I feel in the morning. Still, it's a lot of money ($15k ish) for a very basic bike.

Bike
    In reference to some of the posts above, I still feel a bit torn.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    suffering from little willy syndrome.
    That's a genuine issue - both due to my tiny dick and due to my mental barrier. But I'll never know for sure until I get onto a smaller bike.

Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Many take pleasure in riding a slow bike fast
    My problem with that old gem is, you know what's even more fun that riding a fast bike slow or a slow bike fast? Riding a fast bike fast. Though coming within 5 points of losing my license has me re-assessing my priorities.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    My problem with that old gem is, you know what's even more fun that riding a fast bike slow or a slow bike fast? Riding a fast bike fast. Though coming within 5 points of losing my license has me re-assessing my priorities.
    Another twist on that is that a big bike will keep doing it all with ease whereas a small bike wont, and do you respect the machine you're riding or treat it with contempt?
    Every angle has it's virtues but until you've actually done a lot of kms on bikes of all capacities the thrill of wringing the neck of something small looses it's appeal pretty quickly...any A/hole can get on a bike and ride it's but to actually get on a bike, understand it, feel what it's actually doing is a step further that a lot fail to reach.
    Like operating machinery....plenty out there are drivers but very very few are operators

Bike
    R6
    Many excellent responses....it does seem like the biggest barrier to moving to a smaller bike is mental.

I'm really just looking for something really fun within legal speeds in the short window before I have to go back to a pillion-friendly bike. That's why I'm interested in supermoto, especially as it's so different to anything else I've ridden.

I'm pretty drunk right now, and if the shop were open I'm pretty sure I'd lock in the Husky 701 right now...let's see how I feel in the morning. Still, it's a lot of money ($15k ish) for a very basic bike.
    Lighter is good, but I wouldn't go supermoto if you plan to spend any significant time on straight open roads, it's just the wrong ergos and aeros for that. S3 is already fairly light but going to an R6 or R3 (or similar depending on taste; or lack of in the case of zuks/kwaks) would be lighter and still good allrounders.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries

Enjoy it while you can.
    The being drunk that is. . .
    Hell's teeth. 15k?!?? Go 2nd hand, esp if its going to be a short term move.

Your life has changed. But as long as you can insist the missus goes out to see her friends and clothes shopping or whatever she'll stay sane. Of course that counters with you going riding every Sunday. He he.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Your life has changed. But as long as you can insist the missus goes out to see her friends and clothes shopping or whatever she'll stay sane. Of course that counters with you going riding every Sunday. He he.
    Yeah we've got a pretty good understanding with that stuff. I'm lucky.

Plus I really like spending Saturdays with the little man while my wife sees her mum or mates for the day. So the quid pro quo is easy for me.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Clever man.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hell's teeth. 15k?!?? Go 2nd hand, esp if its going to be a short term move.
    Unfortunately the used market on these particular bikes (SMC-R 690 and Husky 701) is small, and it's tough to find a quality used bike in the North Island at a reasonable price.

Thread Information