Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 107

Thread: Outlaw motorcyclists

  1. #16
    Join Date
    25th June 2007 - 21:21
    Bike
    S1000RR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I only observe the tight tollerance when I know a cop is behind or coming towards me as excessive gazing at the speedo is going to cost far more in a crash than getting a ticket for 10 - 15km over the limit.
    Do a quick check once every often, not fucking stare at it.


    If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,696
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    When you have experienced crashes that are the fault of others it is the others that need to be tested. If they had been all my fault I would agree with you it would be a good idea for me to go to riding school.
    Still too scared then.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    9th February 2007 - 08:36
    Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Location
    The morrinsville isthmus
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I noticed when the tollerance has been lowered in the past some people would travel at 45km/hr in town to be sure of not exceeding the tollerance. So on the open road to be safe stick to 95km/hr. I only observe the tight tollerance when I know a cop is behind or coming towards me as excessive gazing at the speedo is going to cost far more in a crash than getting a ticket for 10 - 15km over the limit.
    You should get a sportsbike then when youre in the race tuck position you so fondly spout on about you wont have to move your head as far to see the speedo.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I can already hear someone saying "100kph is not a target".
    Its like the building code innit.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  5. #20
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,041
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how legal is this, we have a government appointed agency to ensure your vehicle is compliant when imported, what is the accuracy requirement there for speedos, if the margin of error is more than 4% then they can't contradict this and apply a tighter margin for enforcement can they?
    Official policy ... it is not the requirement of vehicle owners/operators to know what the accuracy of their speedometer is ... but it is the legal responsibility of the vehicle operator to ensure they stay under the speed limits.

    Ignorance and/or inability to do this is not a lawful defense.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Official policy ... it is not the requirement of vehicle owners/operators to know what the accuracy of their speedometer is ... but it is the legal responsibility of the vehicle operator to ensure they stay under the speed limits.

    Ignorance and/or inability to do this is not a lawful defense.
    ...let's all do 70kph on the highway for the period...see how that fucks up their funding campaign and how many, still fucking die...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,041
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Do a quick check once every often, not fucking stare at it.
    It never fails to surprise me ... just how many "experienced" motorcyclists riding their own bike ... do not have the ability to ride consistently at / near the speed limit ... simply by the sound of the revs / wind noise combination.
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    17th July 2003 - 23:37
    Bike
    CB1300
    Location
    Tuakau
    Posts
    4,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    You should get a sportsbike then when youre in the race tuck position you so fondly spout on about you wont have to move your head as far to see the speedo.
    I used to enjoy doing that on the Hayabusa: pop into a full tuck when passing a particular unmarked car at a steady pace just below the limit... and stay on or below the limit until they get bored.

    I'm not normally a troll and don't have anything against police... however there was one particular officer I took great pleasure in doing that to because he had such a hard on for bikes.
    After 4 or 5 times he stopped taking the bait.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,041
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...let's all do 70kph on the highway for the period...see how that fucks up their funding campaign and how many, still fucking die...
    The knee-jerk policy is on "Dangerous" roads (where muppets continually continue to kill themselves) is to lower the limits. 70 km/hr might end up the new max limit.

    Be careful ... statements made in jest etc ...
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    As I said though I would rather risk getting a speeding ticket than risk an at fault crash which I still would if I got a sports bike despite being able to see the speedo easier.
    You are KB's KenM. Thank you for everything.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  11. #26
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,041
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    When you have experienced crashes that are the fault of others it is the others that need to be tested. If they had been all my fault I would agree with you it would be a good idea for me to go to riding school.
    If you learned how to avoid ALL accidents that are not your fault ... there is no need for riding school lessons. If you continue to crash ... you obviously need lessons ...
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    2nd December 2009 - 13:51
    Bike
    A brmm, brmm one
    Location
    Upper-Upper Hutt
    Posts
    2,098
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how legal is this, we have a government appointed agency to ensure your vehicle is compliant when imported, what is the accuracy requirement there for speedos, if the margin of error is more than 4% then they can't contradict this and apply a tighter margin for enforcement can they?
    Legalities have never bothered Govt before, the whole way the speed scams inforced is illegal
    Science Is But An Organized System Of Ignorance
    "Pornography: The thing with billions of views that nobody watches" - WhiteManBehindADesk

  13. #28
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    It never fails to surprise me ... just how many "experienced" motorcyclists riding their own bike ... do not have the ability to ride consistently at / near the speed limit ... simply by the sound of the revs / wind noise combination.
    Cassina wouldn't be able to tell as the wind enters his/her helmet, goes in between the ears and exits the other side.

    On my old naked Hyosung when I was bored I used to play round with my body position deliberately leaving my throttle at the same postion to see the effect on the speedo.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  14. #29
    Join Date
    25th June 2007 - 21:21
    Bike
    S1000RR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    A check more than once every often is required if you have a cop following and you dont want to get pinged though. Actually alternating between looking in my rear view mirror and the speedo is what I do then and I am sure many others do too. If you are unlucky enough to get a bike cop following they will try and ride as far left as possible in the hope they are out of your rear mirror view. I have not been followed by a bike cop since the days of the old MOT luckily. Myself and others have avoided many tickets since the police took over as the number of motorbike cops went way down.
    I am lost for words.



    If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,041
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Sadly I have not got as lucky as you and it is all about luck and not riding school when someone else is at fault. You will only learn that when you are involved in a "not at fault crash" I guess. Just because it hasnt happened to you it does not mean it never will.
    My nick-name is not "Lucky" ... and the reason I miss out on most "not at fault" accidents ... is in fact ... NOT due to luck.

    But living in a free country ... believe what you like.




    Good luck ...
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •