Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 107

Thread: Outlaw motorcyclists

  1. #61
    Join Date
    7th December 2007 - 12:09
    Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    2,145
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    But as long as I was not going below the speed limit they would never need to pass unless in an emergency as they would not be wanting to be seen by the public speeding now would they? They do actually get speeding tickets like everyone else did you know. Paraniod Fuckwit yourself.

    You are allowed to carry a rifle and shoot anybody more stupid and annoying then you. ...


    Honestly.
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

  2. #62
    Join Date
    24th April 2011 - 08:47
    Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Location
    Southland
    Posts
    484
    Less to do with speed, more to do with impatience and inattention (crunts with one hand on wheel, one hand on phone or scratching balls) I observe daily. Had a few cars pull out from side roads (Give ways) right in front of me ( as I ride defensively and watching for idjiots like this so avoid custard), then they either pull over realising the error or drive slowly on in ignorance as they gain momentum. Rather than don't speed, what about slow down, look, and think!
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

    Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    4th April 2004 - 15:05
    Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I have read that having ABS brakes creates overconfidence too. There are many stories in the media that having a MLC gives you a sense of being over confident too with respect to choice of bike.
    You can provide references for that obviously? Otherwise you're just spouting bullshit as fact.

    My bike has ABS and it's never engaged (other than practicing emergency stopping), why, because like all safety equipment it's for an emergency. Whereas training, revision and courses help put you in a position where you're less likely you need emergency aids.

    I'd happily pay for you to do the gold course with Pete @ Dan Ornsby Motorcycle Training. If Pete reports back that's you're all that and have nothing to work on then I'll believe you're the rider that you say you are.

    I doubt you'll take me up on my offer though.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

    ((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

  4. #64
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,731
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    If you are offering to pay for riding lessons to people on here why not offer them to learner riders as I have been riding for over 40 years and have only come off once where going to riding school may have saved me and that was when I was a learner rider. In all the times when I have come off as a result of the fault of others going to a riding school would not have helped as its them that decides the proximity and speed when they screw up. I dont care if you think having ABS encourages over confidence or not but to give you a clue as to where I read it it was from a UK or European study of car drivers who had crashed with ABS.
    LOL, still a coward then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    1st September 2007 - 21:01
    Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    13,231
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    ... as its them that decides the proximity and speed when they screw up.
    Have you not considered that it is you that decides your speed ... and you decide your proximity to them ... at ALL times on the road ... ???
    Sweat wipes off. Road-rash doesn't.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    19th January 2013 - 16:56
    Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Location
    The Isthmus
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Have you not considered that it is you that decides your speed ... and you decide your proximity to them ... at ALL times on the road ... ???
    No, can't do that...

    that means you're taking responsibility for yourself and thinking about what you're doing...

    Can't have any of that happening!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    19th October 2005 - 20:32
    Bike
    M109R, XJR13, RMX450Z, ZX-12R, XS750
    Location
    Near a river
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So if you are calling me a coward for not going that must make you a hero for going then? One day you may learn however that what you have been taught is worth sweet fuck all if someone else screws up so close to you that there is no time to brake or swerve.
    Something in the grand scale of things you know sweet fuck all about yourself!!

    Empty Vessels make the most Noise!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    24th November 2015 - 11:20
    Bike
    Moto Guzzi V85TT
    Location
    Blenheim and Welly
    Posts
    382
    As the Desiderata says, 'Avoid loud and aggressive persons for they are vexatious to the soul...'. Another one for you to look up Cassina. I'm not even charging for this education I'm giving you either - Wow!

    Saying that you've nothing to learn makes you the most dangerous element in nearly any argument. Over the years with the training I've done with the IAM, both here and in the UK, the biggest hurdle one had to overcome was admitting that you needed to keep an open mind and learn. A bit like a parachute, minds work well when opened up.

    As a group motorcyclists can sometimes be their own worst enemy because of this. Not everything is always someone else's fault - Realise this and you're well on your way to being part of the solution rather than the problem.

    Navy Boy

  9. #69
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,731
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So if you are calling me a coward for not going that must make you a hero for going then? One day you may learn however that what you have been taught is worth sweet fuck all if someone else screws up so close to you that there is no time to brake or swerve.
    I'm calling you a coward for not being able to back up the bullshit you spout.

    Coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    9th February 2007 - 08:36
    Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Location
    The morrinsville isthmus
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So what you are suggesting then is I become a road hog like what you are no doubt so I have more time to brake or swerve? I read a few days ago some news that will delight you that due to the increased road toll the govt is looking at lowering speed limits which will give "everyone" more time to brake or swerve if someone else screws up. In the CBD in ChCh they have lowered the speed limit by 20km/hr so if thats rolled out across the country 100km limits will become 80.
    Ummmm - youve said that people screw up when your too close to brake or swerve. How has your speed got anything to do with that you silly silly bint

  11. #71
    Join Date
    27th September 2008 - 18:14
    Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    3,816
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So what you are suggesting then is I become a road hog like what you are no doubt so I have more time to brake or swerve? I read a few days ago some news that will delight you that due to the increased road toll the govt is looking at lowering speed limits which will give "everyone" more time to brake or swerve if someone else screws up. In the CBD in ChCh they have lowered the speed limit by 20km/hr so if thats rolled out across the country 100km limits will become 80.
    Fucktard thats in the cbd. Its probably got more to do with keeping pedestrians safe.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

  12. #72
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    As the Desiderata says, 'Avoid loud and aggressive persons for they are vexacious to the soul...'. Another one for you to look up Cassina. I'm not even charging for this education I'm giving you either - Wow!

    Saying that you've nothing to learn makes you the most dangerous element in nearly any argument. Over the years with the training I've done with the IAM, both here and in the UK, the biggest hurdle one had to overcome was admitting that you needed to keep an open mind and learn. A bit like a parachute, minds work well when opened up.

    As a group motorcyclists can sometimes be their own worst enemy because of this. Not everything is always someone else's fault - Realise this and you're well on your way to being part of the solution rather than the problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    You sound like another poster on here that needs to experience a not at fault crash before you will understand me. Even the statistics say not all motorcycle crashes are the fault of motorcyclists. So what your riding school has taught you about being able to control all possible crash situations is crap. If you want to preach riding school training why not divert your energy to all those with a history of being at fault? They are the ones that need the schooling not those not at fault otherwise all those with an at fault history will remain in control on the road.
    Some of us know this Navy Boy, he's done his time learning additional skills. And kudos to him for keeping an open mind.

    The hollow sound coming from cassina is quite boring though, for it truly is the stuck needle on an old record. Nobody at any point has suggested taking additional training will render you bullet proof. Anticipation and situational awareness on the roads can be taught. Bit like when you see the storm clouds rolling in, you know it's going to rain. So you take action. Same on the roads, see a situation developing, do something about it. But yeah, with the cassina outlook, maybe skydiving isn't a good hobby for you? Then again...
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  13. #73
    Join Date
    9th February 2007 - 08:36
    Bike
    GSX-R 750
    Location
    The morrinsville isthmus
    Posts
    847
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Dont worry as I said the govt is looking at lowering speed limits so everyone will have more time to brake or swerve.
    You sound like another road hog to ensure you always travel slow enough to brake or swerve if anything happens.
    Pray tell, how will going slower give you more time to brake or swerve. What if your going eighty instead off a hundred but the at fault motorist scews up half a second later. Same nett result surely.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    10th December 2009 - 22:42
    Bike
    Honda Harley Suzuki Velocette and shit
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    shit logic

    ...fuckwit...

  15. #75
    Join Date
    27th September 2008 - 18:14
    Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    3,816
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Not just pedestrians but everyone will be safer when the limits are lowered across the country fucktard yourself.
    Fucktard I think that the rider training* teaches riders to be aware of potential hazards and slow down if and when required instead of just blindly ride at the limit all the time in a "it can't be my fault I am riding within the law" utopia like I assume you are in.

    * I have never done any rider training
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •