Thread: Outlaw motorcyclists

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Like I said. Vexatious to the soul...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    So what you are suggesting then is I become a road hog like what you are no doubt so I have more time to brake or swerve? I read a few days ago some news that will delight you that due to the increased road toll the govt is looking at lowering speed limits which will give "everyone" more time to brake or swerve if someone else screws up. In the CBD in ChCh they have lowered the speed limit by 20km/hr so if thats rolled out across the country 100km limits will become 80.
    Nope. Quite the opposite. Someone following too close ... pull over and let them pass. If you are too close to the one in front ... slow for a bit and give them more room then resume your speed to match theirs until you can overtake safely (speed limits permitting). If oncoming traffic is close to the centerline ... move a bit to your left (in your lane).
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    I dont live in a its not my fault utopia like you think as I do slow down and leave a longer following distance if its wet (as an example) but unlike you I have not needed to go to riding school to learn that. Experience has been my teacher. I could say you are a fucktard for not being bright enough to not need to go to riding school.
    Fucktard I haven't been to rider school like I stated.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    but unlike you I have not needed to go to riding school to learn that. Experience has been my teacher. I could say you are a fucktard for not being bright enough to not need to go to riding school.

Fucktard you just called yourself a fucktard.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    So if you are calling me a coward for not going that must make you a hero for going then? One day you may learn however that what you have been taught is worth sweet fuck all if someone else screws up so close to you that there is no time to brake or swerve.
    I'd call you a fuckwit. If you learned from your mistakes ... there would be time. GIVE OTHER TRAFFIC PLENTY OF ROOM.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Fucktard you just called yourself a fucktard.
    English is it's second language ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Lowering the speed limit wont prevent all crashes but as the saying goes the faster you go the less time there is to react if shit happens. That would be the govt logic for wanting a lower speed I guess.
    When traffic slows ... the gap between vehicles tends to get closer.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    English is it's second language ...
    That high up? I thought the troll posted through google translate, gibberish = simpleton.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    40% of motorcycle crashes being due to speed.
    You'd have to be soft in the head to believe that. In Britain,where they drive on the same side of the road as us, and which is a similar society, although the roads may be busier, speed is ranked seventh as a cause of accidents. I don't know, but strongly suspect, that the Police here do not even consider the other potential causes.

When I hear a police spokesperson after a bad weekend parrot, "speed and alcohol were factors" I wonder what the other factors were. Like perhaps any of the six that rank higher than speed in Britain?

If I was being polite I'd suggest the police need training.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    But the effect of any impact is less which maybe the reason why they are thinking of lowering the limit. All those on here not wanting a higher penalty for those at fault will no doubt prefer a lower speed limit to having a greater fear of ever being found at fault I guess. Maybe if the lower speed limits don't work harsher penalties for those at fault will be tried.
    The thing is ... the accident rate wont drop ... just the severity of the result of those accidents.

Penalties for causing an injury accident are the same ... regardless of the speeds involved. Although you might be less likely to get a dangerous driving charge (as opposed to a mere careless driving charge) at lower speeds (Still possible though).

Closer distances apart at slower speeds will still mean not a lot of time to avoid a collision when push comes to shove ... (pun intended)

However ... even at the slower speeds ... it is still highly likely that motorcyclists will still die in some accidents.

Feeling lucky ... ???

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    That high up? I thought the troll posted through google translate, gibberish = simpleton.
    I was being kind ...

Bike
    A
    Your riding school has you well and truly deluded as STUATIONS DO NOT ALL DEVELOP AT THE SAME SPEED YOUR RIDING SCHOOL THINKS, OTHERWISE THERE WOULD BE ZERO ROAD DEATHS AS "EVERYONE" WILL ALWAYS HAVE TIME TO BRAKE OR SWERVE.
    Feel free to shout as loud as you will, no bother to me. After all, it's your record player that just keeps playing the same old tune.

The amusing thing remains that it's not about a riding school at all, it's about using an open minded approach to riding. Nobody ever suggested using advanced rider training would make a rider infallible, that's just how you choose to interpret it.

But hey, we'll happily keep calling your bullshit out for what it is, after all it's not like your skills have been weighed and measured against an international standard.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    If you think international standards are better than ours you are deluded there as well due to the fact a lot of crashes are also caused by drivers from other countries and if their standards were better than ours international drivers would not cause crashes.
    Fucktard, oh my fucking god that has surely got to be the most fucking stupid thing you have ever fucking said. Its almost like you are replying to a completely different post.

Bike
    A
    If you think international standards are better than ours you are deluded there as well due to the fact a lot of crashes are also caused by drivers from other countries and if their standards were better than ours international drivers would not cause crashes.
    Ok I'll elaborate. So some of us on here have partaken in Advanced Rider training, just so happens to be done by an international organisation, using a recognized approach. But by all means twist what I said to suit your deluded way of thinking. The tourist driver problem is real, just a shame the media blow it out of proportion. Our local drivers are pretty damn shocking too, just not enough noise made about it.

Its all very well to say new things to cut road accidents wont work but all initiatives are worth trying considering all those who attack ideas including yourself on here are unable to come up with anything better.
    The simplest approach one can make to improving road safety is to become the best driver/rider one can be. Backed up by meaningful enforcement. Engineering solutions in the form of safer roads, safer cars, lower speeds etc are easier to sell to Joe Public than making them do a defensive driving course though. Here it turns into a political problem.

Whenever I take a prospective driver for our trucking outfit for a test drive, I do a casual walk around of the car he/she rolled up in. It tells an interesting story...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Its all very well to say new things to cut road accidents wont work but all initiatives are worth trying considering all those who attack ideas including yourself on here are unable to come up with anything better.
    The NZTA initiative is not to try and "cut road accidents" ... it's to try and reduce road DEATHS. Get with the program FUCKWIT ...

Thread Information