Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107

Thread: Outlaw motorcyclists

  1. #1
    Join Date
    24th July 2006 - 11:53
    Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Location
    Wgtn
    Posts
    5,498

    Outlaw motorcyclists

    Righto, enough's enough, all you middle aged pricks knock it off, eh?

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...olicy-launches
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

  2. #2
    Join Date
    7th December 2007 - 12:09
    Bike
    Valkyrie 1500 ,HD softail, BMW r1150r
    Location
    New Plymouth
    Posts
    2,145
    Road policing national manager Superintendent Steve Greally is a living example of what happens when you don't chlorinate the gene pool...............
    Opinions are like arseholes: Everybody has got one, but that doesn't mean you got to air it in public all the time....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,329
    Time to introduce a tougher licence regime.

    Some of us have already passed the Advanced Test...

    Others will have to play catch-up, oh hang on, that's frowned upon by some aye??
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    16th January 2010 - 17:09
    Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Location
    Otorohanga
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Righto, enough's enough, all you middle aged pricks knock it off, eh?

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/new...olicy-launches
    Love how they keep plowing on with the 4kmph tolerance even though it has done SFA to lower the road toll, its going up FFS!

    Wankers.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    2nd December 2009 - 13:51
    Bike
    A brmm, brmm one
    Location
    Upper-Upper Hutt
    Posts
    2,102
    "For years, the police have been telling us that rigid enforcement of speed limits would lower the road toll. In fact, it's gone up," Clive Matthew-Wilson said.

    "When are they going to admit they got it wrong?"
    Most intelligent thing I think this man has ever said
    Science Is But An Organized System Of Ignorance
    "Pornography: The thing with billions of views that nobody watches" - WhiteManBehindADesk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    24th November 2015 - 11:20
    Bike
    Suzuki Burgman 650
    Location
    Blenheim and Welly
    Posts
    308
    I inwardly groaned when I saw the title of this article - I'm now glad that I read it though. Some good points made by Mathew Double-Barrel surname bloke.

    Ultimately it all starts with the individual involved. No bike/car/truck is dangerous until the nut connects the handlebars/steering wheel and completes the circuit so to speak. Interesting the small number of accidents attributable to speed isn't it?
    Navy Boy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Time to introduce a tougher licence regime.

    Some of us have already passed the Advanced Test...

    Others will have to play catch-up, oh hang on, that's frowned upon by some aye??
    The only advanced test you've passed, son, is for Alzheimers.

    How is any of that shit you're spouting relevant to this topic?
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  8. #8
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    Some good points made by Mathew Double-Barrel surname bloke.
    Right, thats it. You can fuck right off. I forbid you from riding a motorcycle ever again. Also, you can give up your man-card.

    Repeat after me: Clive Fucktard-McArsehat is a fuckwit and untrustworthy.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  9. #9
    Join Date
    9th January 2005 - 22:12
    Bike
    Street Triple R
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Many on here dont want things to change though and the only way to get change is for those who cause crashes to be given bigger penalties with my idea being to raise ACC premiums for all those with an "at fault" history.
    So, its the Mirror Universe of ACC? Gotcha.
    In the white room, with black curtains, at the station

  10. #10
    Join Date
    24th July 2006 - 11:53
    Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Location
    Wgtn
    Posts
    5,498
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Right, thats it. You can fuck right off. I forbid you from riding a motorcycle ever again. Also, you can give up your man-card.

    Repeat after me: Clive Fucktard-McArsehat is a fuckwit and untrustworthy.
    Correct. But here's the thing: the epidemic of knee-jerk blamestorming that seems to have begun with the advent of talkback radio and exploded with further development of social media is, in fact to blame itself.

    For the corresponding explosion in petty bureaucratic restrictions under which we currently suffer.

    Whining about shit is all the excuse civic minded arseholes in positions of "responsibility" need to assume complete control over your life.

    The only possible response to which is to completely ignore the pricks. Including the serial posters in "stupid world" who are directly to blame for 99% of it. Fuck Katflap et al.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

  11. #11
    Join Date
    9th May 2008 - 21:23
    Bike
    2013 Busa 2013 FJR1300
    Location
    Northern Waikato
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    The only advanced test you've passed, son, is for Alzheimers.

    How is any of that shit you're spouting relevant to this topic?
    We can either get upset about how TPTB seem to keep taking the wrong approach, or we can make a positive contribution on an individual basis. I've done the latter...

    Education needs enforcement, we don't have enough of either. The right kind that is.
    If the words I say offend you, imagine the ones I keep to myself...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,703
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Not everyone needs to go to riding school to learn how to slow down as a fine or crash can be a motivator for the example of 40% of motorcycle crashes being due to speed.
    I'm sure there are riders that ride just fine with no training but given the amount of crashes you have had and the need to put your foot down on corners, you are far from one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    20th June 2011 - 20:27
    Bike
    BMW XChallenge, GSXR1250fa, Tuono 1100
    Location
    Glen Eden
    Posts
    9,703
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Maybe they could make all those riders who give up for 10 years or more have to do a practicle test again since its the MLC group that are most at risk. The best way to avoid being a high risk MLC rider is to not give up riding at all though.
    Yet you are too scared to be tested......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    28th May 2006 - 19:35
    Bike
    suzuki
    Location
    lower hutt
    Posts
    6,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Autech View Post
    Love how they keep plowing on with the 4kmph tolerance even though it has done SFA to lower the road toll, its going up FFS!

    Wankers.
    how legal is this, we have a government appointed agency to ensure your vehicle is compliant when imported, what is the accuracy requirement there for speedos, if the margin of error is more than 4% then they can't contradict this and apply a tighter margin for enforcement can they?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    25th June 2007 - 21:21
    Bike
    S1000RR
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    how legal is this, we have a government appointed agency to ensure your vehicle is compliant when imported, what is the accuracy requirement there for speedos, if the margin of error is more than 4% then they can't contradict this and apply a tighter margin for enforcement can they?
    I can already hear someone saying "100kph is not a target".


    If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •