Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sidecar at intersection

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob

sidecar at intersection

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    I've only looked at a few of the comments under that clip but there are some real riding gods on social media apparently.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    nightmare >_<

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    I bet that unfolded in front of him in slow motion.

About all you could do to minimise damage would be to get the left leg out of the way, but even that would take a pretty quick reaction.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Some cunts need a punch in the face.

Bike
    A
    That sucks! Rider had very little time to do anything...even if it happened in slow motion in his eyes.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    That sucks! Rider had very little time to do anything...even if it happened in slow motion in his eyes.
    I have replayed it a few times in my head just trying to think of how to pre-empt a similar situation, stopping a bit further back from the intersection wouldn't have helped, but it maybe have given a nano seconds more time to throw your leg over.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Be interesting to see how (if this occurred in NZ) media and ACC would treat it. Until the camera footage surfaced it would probably be reported as a motorcycle accident
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    A
    I have replayed it a few times in my head just trying to think of how to pre-empt a similar situation, stopping a bit further back from the intersection wouldn't have helped, but it maybe have given a nano seconds more time to throw your leg over.
    Yep, even after seeing it a few times, the finesse required to quickly take off in a straight line would be absent due to the urgency of the situation...

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Its definitely is one of those sickening times when you know something is wrong but you just can’t do anything about it.

its some ammo for those to get ACC to credit motorcyclists with some reduction in cost (make all costs in this case attributed to car) when there is multiple vehicles (at least or extenuating circumstances) involved. Still no fault just move the cost to car side of ledger. Or create a new column multivehicle/acts of god-luck.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    That is a scenario that plays through my head at a couple of particular intersections on my daily commute. I'm prepared to leap off and roll to hopefully a safer place but stuggle with not putting the side stand down just in case the car doesn't actually hit the bike. You'd feel a right twat doing the big action-man shoulder role as your bike hits the ground only to find that the car missed you by 10 metres. Explain that to the insurance people.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    An example of what I have been trying to get through to many on here that when its someone elses fault its all down to luck in terms if you are able to escape the situation or not. Maybe it might educate some on here as to why I feel we should not be paying higher ACC premiums than car drivers too.
    Hey Old Slider what did I tell ya? Shit oh dear! I'd hate to be as predictable as Cassina.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Hey Old Slider what did I tell ya? Shit oh dear! I'd hate to be as predictable as Cassina.

Right on the button, sorry, all I can say is it was a wet windy day.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    Maybe it might educate some on here as to why I feel we should not be paying higher ACC premiums than car drivers too.
    I know many struggle with that but the facts are that we cost more to fix and it's a 'no fault' system.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    2012 Suzuki Boulevard M50
    And one of the comments asked, "Why was the bike rider beating on the hood of the white car?"

Cause, you stupid prick, his left leg was crushed between the car and his bike. Just shows how cage drivers don't understand how bikes are vulnerable. And if they don't understand that, then they'll just continue to pull out into our space or turn across the road in front of us.

Katman will be along soon to say the bike rider should have been aware of the situation and taken steps to avoid it. I suppose Katman stops his bike 200 metres before any intersection and goes and stands in the paddock in case the car coming on the straight through road collides with the car pulled up at the stop sign.
    There are two songs, "Stairway to Heaven" and "Highway to Hell" which I think give an indication of expected traffic flow

Thread Information