Thread: Buell 1125R throle stuck open

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans

Buell 1125R throle stuck open

Ok scared the shit out of me but all ends well... however anyone else (noticed ther have been a few owners) had the large circlip that holds the plastic velocity stack molding in come out and jam the butterfly open?
    If so is there a fix for the issue kinda dodgy or is it a once of situation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1686.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	777.5 KB 
ID:	334236
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Exercycle
    Does it have to be removed to get access below the airbox ? If it's off at every service, loss of tension could be a factor.
    Prob find it's recommended to replace every time...

1/ stretch it a bit to increase tension..

2/ next time everything's off, drill 6 small holes - in pairs, above and below the clip at about 120 deg spacing.
    Wire the bastard in place....

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    yeah good idea I was thinking dob a RTV or similer but last thing Id want is it being sucked down the TB...

Laava and eldog you both had one of these bikes aye, what issues did you guys have, this bikes not mine its staying over for a bit, always keen to learn tho...
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    yeah good idea I was thinking dob a RTV or similer but last thing Id want is it being sucked down the TB...

Laava and eldog you both had one of these bikes aye, what issues did you guys have, this bikes not mine its staying over for a bit, always keen to learn tho...
    Sorry mate, I haven’t had one. I know someone with a Buell, no idea what model, as it’s being restored

i am closely related to Murphy, you know the Murphy’s law one.
    what can go wrong usually does....... all to often.

just like your current situation

always good intentions, just need a round to it and some luck

must be another KBer

never had a Moto Guzzi, Buell or Ducati for that matter

intrigued about MG on the fringe.
    buells about the brake configuration and the inertia with the brake ring, never seen one running.
    the guy doing the restore I will hopefully see in the next couple of months.

and I have banned myself from going to Ducati store as I love the sound......Unless I have a caperone
    Last edited by eldog; 28th December 2017 at 12:06. Reason: more detail

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    As far as I remember, you do not need to remove the velocity stacks to remove the airbox rubber. So there is no reason to be removing the retaining ring? I actually had no issues with my bike although I did tamper with the brake disc to see if I could stop it from pulsing under braking. And no, I only got a temporary reprieve. The brakes were ok tho , they always worked well and I loved how easy it was to remove the wheels, esp the rear one!
    I also installed a couple of leds to the expansion tank with a bell push type switch so I could actually see if the tank had coolant in it or not. They were notorious for coming in the crate with no coolant in the exp tank and as it is not visible, dealers never filled them up! Worth checking...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information