R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you forgot donut munching
    That's one thing I'll never forget.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A cop of my acquaintance from way down south (and it wasn't SD) wrote a letter to the Police house mag protesting what we call revenue raising. He made the point that country cops rely on the support of members of their community, but he felt that the Police were losing that support because of the road policing policy.

A lot of cops from around the country contacted him saying stuff like, "On ya, needed to be said'. If some of them had said it too it is just possible somebody may have taken notice, but as it was he was just a voice in the wilderness and nothing changed.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Seatbelt tickets are proven to encourage seatbelt wearing.
    really? i've been offered a lot of notices to that effect, and continue to not give a fuck about it.
    maybe i'm just speshil.

extrapolating that, surely "speeding tickets would be proven to encourage not-speeding"?
    yet i'll warrant that the number issued hasn't decreased, in, like, ever.

Given that Police get 21% of their funding from the Land Transport Fund for the purpose of road enforcement, it would be fraud for them to claim that 21% and not actually do the traffic enforcement.
    yeah that. I don't know how the plebians don't grasp this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I went up to Kaikoura a year ago and through the Hunderless and was impressed with the repair job as far as Oaro. Sure it was gravely not extreme though. 2 reasons why I may have found it easier than some though is I was on an adventure bike and am not a Rossi wannabe.
    you are, however, a fuckwit.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...happy new year...

...I might jump on the sporty and go and have a look for myself...the Kaikoura road, that is...I don't give a fuck if it has loose stuff on it or tax collectors...it's all just the same shit everywhere ...a very sick bunch of cunts in control is the problem...

...money seems to be the foremost driver of the malaise...the wish for power is up there, as is a grossly inefficient and self sucking bureaucracy that thrives on weak people listening to their fucked up directives...this is not just a cop thing...they all lick from the same trough though and act together when it suits them...the cops do seem to be a law unto themselves though...

...thank fuck for free speech and democracy...

...we can't bring back the, 'good old days' values though, it would be against the law...I find it quite a debilitating thing, to be not really allowed to protect my family or property because that is the sole domain of a bunch of boys in blue, even if they, didn't, couldn't, or wouldn't be there anyway...bollocks to that wank...anyone who believes the fairy tales is either thick or lazy in their thinking, or scared, but there seems to be a prevalence of those kind...

...and long may you prosper...I'm glad I could get this thread back on track...

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Here's a thought, instead of the road tax, cops should go out and prevent crime...
    How do you know they don't? Are you privy to everything they do every hour of the day?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Writing tickets for 105kph on a clear day is total revenue gathering and does fuck all to prevent anything except to make more people think all cops are cunts.
    Doesn't make me think it, but then I find it very easy to avoid
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Well I'd be happy to bet the average speed has come down despite vehicles, if not their operators becoming more competent. I rarely get passed these days on normal roads and I spend a fuck load more time looking at the speedo (things I'd not be preaching when I was involved in rider training in favour of paying attention) and I'm scared to go much over 104 as are many people
    Thank christ for that. 20 years of speed is the Devil fortunately the road toll has plumetted.
    Well it must have else they wouldn't be banging the same drum.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And sorry is there a poll or an app for the dick measuring? Although I'd like to see the results before I post (+1" over average).

And Cassina, yes it's true. You are a fuckwit. Everyone agrees. It's overwhelming.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Thanks for sharing your valued opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    38 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm7wQ_J6XzA

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    If you are in a car there is a device you can get called a "heads up display" that projects your speed onto the windscreen so you never have to look down at the speedo again. The police would never promote those however as they would get a drop in revenue. Maybe someone will invent a speed projector that goes onto the visor of helmets one day.
    already been invented. you're a fuckwit.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    It's HUD is closer to this

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    Yep , even been reported on KB. Mind you, she who must not be named will be along shortly to tell us that she read somewhere that it wasn’t.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A
    If you are in a car there is a device you can get called a "heads up display" that projects your speed onto the windscreen so you never have to look down at the speedo again. The police would never promote those however as they would get a drop in revenue. Maybe someone will invent a speed projector that goes onto the visor of helmets one day.
    Meh, we've got a GPS HUD display gadget in our car. Not only gives an accurate speed but in heads-up-display form. The same type of gadget has already been touted for helmets...

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    My car (Mazda 6) comes with a HUD as standard fitment. It not only shows your actual speed, but (and I'm blowed if I know how it does it) the speed limit as read on speed limit signs. It's not a GPS thing, as even temporary road works limits are read. It doesn't recognise 'open road' signs (black circle on a white background with a diagonal black stripe) though, so (brace yourselves!) you have to actually pay attention to signage and decide for yourself what speed to travel at.

From someone who mostly mocks technology for its own sake (and in particular the various 'riding modes' that modern bikes have particularly wind me up - if it's raining, open the throttle more slowly and less!) I find this feature pretty interesting.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    It's HUD is closer to this
    IMG]
    ah yes, the "Head-Up-Derríčre"

well observed, man.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Writing tickets for 105kph on a clear day is total revenue gathering and does fuck all to prevent anything except to make more people think all cops are cunts.
    Have written about this before, speed enforcement (except for speed cameras) is not a profit making enterprise if you do the maths.

Does anyone know any normal people who have been ticketed for 105 by an officer ???? I think this is reserved for people that fail the attitude test or have been seen doing much worse on road but that's all the cops could nail them for.
    Kinda same as dropping a bag of drugs from the evidence room into a suspects car in a roundabout way. You know they are guilty of worse but pull em in on minor stuff and dig about....
    BTW anyone watch that aussie cop drama on one last night, awesome show...
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information