Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 250cc GP Mono , mnz rules

Bike
    GPR150

250cc GP Mono , mnz rules

under mnz the 125 2 stroke / 250cc GP Mono , i can only see this as 250 engines have to be mx engine ? this year a nsf 250 is racing .. is this legal ?
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Exercycle
    Seems to be...No requirement for the engines to come from a road - or any- production bike. No homologation needed either,
    It's just as legal as an RS125.

Approach the local Mahindra agents for an engine and slot it into one of your frames....

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Seems to be...No requirement for the engines to come from a road - or any- production bike. No homologation needed either,
    It's just as legal as an RS125.

Approach the local Mahindra agents for an engine and slot it into one of your frames....
    when i type in the net the first thing that comes up is a gp125 frame with a mx engine , the rest is just mx engine powered road race bikes , thought seen its a week out maybe a floor in the rules
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Exercycle
    No idea what other countries are doing. GP frame with MX engine is a starting point certainly. It would be legal here too.
    Our rules for this class are more open than the bucket rules at least...and I like that.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    MNZ class rules are here.
    https://www.mnz.co.nz/docs/default-s...1.pdf?sfvrsn=2

NSF is all good under the current championship rules.
    As Grump said nice and loose, which enables people to be creative again.
    You could even work up a KTM RC200 or a XR250 engine and put it into a GPR frame.

Machine Specifications:
    a) 125cc GP Machines must be up to 125cc single cylinder 2 stroke
    with a maximum of a 6 speed gearbox. Or:
    b) 250cc GP Mono machines be fitted with a single cylinder four stroke
    engine with a maximum of a 6 speed gearbox, with a capacity no less than 200cc and no greater than 250cc

Bike
    Exercycle
    If it was open fuel for aircooled engines, I'd love to have a go at a GN250 engine - just for shits and giggles.

Bike
    GPR150
    ktm duke 200 bored to a 250 would be a good engine to use
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    under mnz the 125 2 stroke / 250cc GP Mono , i can only see this as 250 engines have to be mx engine ? this year a nsf 250 is racing .. is this legal ?
    why do so many people not even know where to the find the rules, not just you but so many, do they just not care or can't use the internaughty properly?

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    why do so many people not even know where to the find the rules, not just you but so many, do they just not care or can't use the internaughty properly?
    what the hell are you on about? i did and its not fucking clear , if mnz put moto3 bikes gp125 and super what ever the fuck i would not have to ask ? i know there are differnt wording and just want to clear that up ?is that a sin? lol
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Yo momma
    what the hell are you on about? i did and its not fucking clear , if mnz put moto3 bikes gp125 and super what ever the fuck i would not have to ask ? i know there are differnt wording and just want to clear that up ?is that a sin? lol
    Yep they write rules that are unclear, incomplete, ambiguous, open to interpretation, split them up into several different sections which you are supposed to be able to figure out then when it all turns to shit blame the competitor because he didn't read the rules. It has always been this way.

Bike
    suzuki
    this is the rule on the mnz website, doesn't say anything about mx engines ????? is this what you saw?
    1 Machine Specifications:
    engine with a maximum of a 6 speed gearbox, with a capacity no less
    than 200cc and no greater than 250cc

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    this is the rule on the mnz website, doesn't say anything about mx engines ????? is this what you saw?
    1 Machine Specifications:
    engine with a maximum of a 6 speed gearbox, with a capacity no less
    than 200cc and no greater than 250cc
    i know is does not but steve's imd250 said the name of his bike is knowen as some other name other then moto3 . diffients been the mx engine ? i cant remember , just bloody asking ok
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...great place to pose this question, on a very informative and balanced forum...I'm sure there will be a clear cut consensus, within minutes...love this forum, I will tell all my friends about it...will be keen to visit again soon...

Bike
    Exercycle
    The real Moto3 class bikes have engines from approved suppliers - who must agree to supply a minimum number of engines for the class.

I'd imagine that like NZ, other countries running 250 4T singles don't want to get locked into engine supply contracts so run a variation on the Moto3 rules...
    I think Spain is the exception, they're going down the full limited engine path.

I like the ability to take any 250 single from anywhere and use it. But looking at what is about vs the better RS125's, I would like to see open fuel for the 4T's.
    Maybe injection with avgas - carbs with Methanol....

Bike
    suzuki
    i know is does not but steve's imd250 said the name of his bike is knowen as some other name other then moto3 . diffients been the mx engine ? i cant remember , just bloody asking ok
    ok, but i went straight to the rules on the mnz web site and it was pretty clear, so i was just bloody telling, ok

Thread Information