Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSFW: Summer motorcycling

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    A disturbing numbers of riders fatting along the open road in t-shirts and bare hands between Queenstown and Arrowtown yesterday. Yeah it was hot but ........ fucking ACC

Bike
    I Ride No More

Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...all of the above...a large part of my past was out viking on the planet...shit happens constantly to vikings...
    Oi, just leave the Vikings out of this one !

At least they had the sense to wear helmets.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    A disturbing numbers of riders fatting along the open road in t-shirts and bare hands between Queenstown and Arrowtown yesterday. Yeah it was hot but ........ fucking ACC
    Yeah, I'm seeing a few of them around Wellington / Lower Hutt. It's an every summer kind of thing.

Summer gloves, open jacket cuffs, vented leathers etc etc... there are ways and means boys and girls, not least is take a set of summer civvies and get changed when you stop for lunch.

Bike
    suzuki
    ...I've had bigger wounds than that on my dick...
    yeah but once you've shagged them you can send them home.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Can I post a picture of someone in full leathers and decent boots who had both legs amputated by a truck or have I misread the point of this thread?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Can I post a picture of someone in full leathers and decent boots who had both legs amputated by a truck or have I misread the point of this thread?
    There's a point to this thread ... ???
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Chances are the truck would have done that to someone in a car. ATGATT is about mediating risk, not removing it.
    We are touring at the minute. Yes, it’s a pain when you stop somewhere and the weather is hot or muggy and you have to strip off your gear and secure it to the bike and and and........ a little pain of that nature beats a fucked up limb, joint or section of skin that could have been protected by decent gear. To me it is pure laziness to not wear protective gear any time I am riding but that is just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    It was on the good
    Fair enough. I just think that if you are going to truly mitigate risk then you get a car and have a cage around you. Worrying about what footwear you have on when you slide head first in to a kerb or whether you have one piece leathers or Levis on when you get t-boned misses the point if you ask me. Ok, I would never ride with jandals, and never without gloves. The rest I would make a choice based on risk of getting away with it, both legally and physically. So far I have managed to get through life without wearing leather trousers, thank the Lord.

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterkiwi View Post
    To me it is pure laziness to not wear protective gear any time I am riding but that is just me.
    To me it is pragmatism and self preservation not to wear ATGATT in some circumstances, like days which are hot as a snakes arse and you are pootling round town doing some shopping etc. Sweating up a storm in all the gears is a good way to get distracted or make poor decisions. ATGATT is about mitigating risk of injuries, not risk of accident.

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Fair enough. I just think that if you are going to truly mitigate risk then you get a car and have a cage around you. Worrying about what footwear you have on when you slide head first in to a kerb or whether you have one piece leathers or Levis on when you get t-boned misses the point if you ask me. Ok, I would never ride with jandals, and never without gloves. The rest I would make a choice based on risk of getting away with it, both legally and physically. So far I have managed to get through life without wearing leather trousers, thank the Lord.
    True, I have avoided leather myself. Textiles of different sorts, the mesh variety in hot weather for instance and a pair of Kevlar jeans. It’s about choice that’s for sure, I would still argue it’s a bad choice to not wear appropriate gear

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but how many times you have your breath taken away

Bike
    R1200GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    To me it is pragmatism and self preservation not to wear ATGATT in some circumstances, like days which are hot as a snakes arse and you are pootling round town doing some shopping etc. Sweating up a storm in all the gears is a good way to get distracted or make poor decisions. ATGATT is about mitigating risk of injuries, not risk of accident.
    I agree with your last statement wholeheartedly. All the gear in the world won’t stop muppetry or accidents happening. I hear you re hot weather, in those cases I still choose ATGATT but the gear I choose will be different. I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous reply

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Being in a car won't always save you either. If its a bad enough hit, cars crumple too.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Being in a car won't always save you either. If its a bad enough hit, cars crumple too.
    But in a car ... gravel rash is seldom an issue if you're wearing your safety belt ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    But in a car ... gravel rash is seldom an issue if you're wearing your safety belt ...
    You've not experienced no top no doors four wheeling. Seat belt or no seat belt.

Bike
    Various things
    ...I've put my dick in wounds like that....
    Fixed that for ya.

Thread Information