Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorcycle purchase/hire

Bike
    '04 Honda ST1300
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo1 View Post
    Looking for a touring motorcycle to hire for 4 weeks, and having visited a couple of kiwi rental sites, found the costs eye watering. Does anyone have a spare bike sitting in there garage they'd be prepared to loan/hire or otherwise for a fee.......or sell with a buy back if all is well less a fee?? I am currently arranging flights from the uk to arrive in Auckland on 5/2/18 and return to same on 7/3/18. The bike would need to have panniers. I am a young 60 years of age and ride a ZZR1400 PS in the uk. My previous bike of 7 years was a standard ZZR1400. I have been riding bikes since i was 16 years old, and generally cover about 10,000 km a year. I plan to ride to Papamoa where my relatives reside. I dont expect a shiney new bike, just something that's reliable. Any offers would be greatly received.
    I currently have my Honda ST1300 for sale, 80,000kms, near new tyres, new battery, lockable luggage. $8,500. Awesome bike to ride, I have it on TradeMe: https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=1470179250

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    They're unable to quote me as it is their high season and don't have a bike available for that amount of time. (nzbike.com)They did offer a BMW 800GS but only for 2 weeks, which would tie me down if i had to return it midway thru my visit.

What bike do you have? I'll be travelling with a large rucsack so how big is the pack rack?
    Attachment 334498

Great touring bike. Done about 35000 kms. Live in Whangarei 160kms norh of Auckland. Side bags on the Suzi are available as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bikes.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	845.6 KB 
ID:	334522   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triumph1.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	817.0 KB 
ID:	334521  
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    Buell XB12X 'Black Betty'
    Don't spose you would be interested in hiring my mint Buell Ulysses with 40L hard panniers and a ton of experience? While it was origonally assembled in 07, apart from the pistons most other parts are considerably younger.
    I have toured 70K km on it without too much trouble.
    Perfect bike for our NZ roads.
    Last edited by ducatijim; 6th January 2018 at 18:34. Reason: Doh
    I'm no gynaecologist, however I would be happy to take a look......................

Bike
    Katana GS650 1983
    Looking for a touring motorcycle to hire for 4 weeks, and having visited a couple of kiwi rental sites, found the costs eye watering. Does anyone have a spare bike sitting in there garage they'd be prepared to loan/hire or otherwise for a fee.......or sell with a buy back if all is well less a fee?? I am currently arranging flights from the uk to arrive in Auckland on 5/2/18 and return to same on 7/3/18. The bike would need to have panniers. I am a young 60 years of age and ride a ZZR1400 PS in the uk. My previous bike of 7 years was a standard ZZR1400. I have been riding bikes since i was 16 years old, and generally cover about 10,000 km a year. I plan to ride to Papamoa where my relatives reside. I dont expect a shiney new bike, just something that's reliable. Any offers would be greatly received.
    thanks for replying mag001 NOT- Stick the offer up your pommy arse. Hope you end up with a scooter
    YOU ARE A LONG TIME DEAD!! ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU HAVE IT!!

Bike
    KTM

Cool

ahahahahhah

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by IkieBikie View Post
    thanks for replying mag001 NOT- Stick the offer up your pommy arse. Hope you end up with a scooter.

Looking forward to welcoming you to our wonderful country, where you can sample our warm hospitality. $50 usually gets you one that's not too fat, but if you have $200 spare, many of us have good looking wives
    Tourist office asked me to fix that for you

Thread Information