Thread: Shipping a bike from AUS to NZ? Also Gumtree.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie

Shipping a bike from AUS to NZ? Also Gumtree.

I'm sure this has been covered (I know, I checked) but looking for recommendations from people who have done this recently. So any shipping companies that specialize in motorcycle shipping?

Apparently the process is quite intensive so an outfit that handles the whole deal would be the bizzo.

Secondly, has anyone purchased anything off of Gumtree Australia? I've left messages with sellers but have never received any replies. Do they automatically block overseas inquiries?

In before Akzle rambles on about Jew gold, gubment etc..

Edit: Well that explains that....

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    As far as shipping goes, I'd go with GetRouted.. I've not used them myself (I plan to, though) but I do have some friends who have used their service from Aus to the UK (IoM, specifically) and said it was top notch. They've got their own dedicated "GetRouted New Zealand" page which is worth a look.

And for GumTree? Well, it's entirely hit and miss.. Some people are honest, up front, easy to deal with, and price their stuff properly. Others are the antithesis of that.. Like eBay I suppose (and I'm assuming TradeMe as well?) You can usually get a decent idea from the photos of the bike/car/whatever and, honestly, the area that it's for sale in haha! I find most people don't use the messaging on GumTree, even if you're in Australia, most just put their mobile number and ask for a text or a call.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    The last few bikes I've bought, I've picked up off Facebook groups, depending on what you're looking for, I could refer you to a couple?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Last time I spoke to Dave Milligan of getrouted ( I was at school with him...) He pointed me at Cameron freight, who he said did their freight at the time.

I used them to send a frame kit plus fairings etc to Melbourne. I boxed it, they did the rest. No probs.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Cheers guys for the suggestions. Jeez that GetRouted site is hard on the eyes.

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Jeez that GetRouted site is hard on the eyes.
    Yeah, it's pretty painful... It's like the website which time forgot in the late 90's haha!

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMasterJ View Post
    Cheers guys for the suggestions. Jeez that GetRouted site is hard on the eyes.
    You should have been at high school with Dave....he could belch the national anthem - and fart.....

Thread Information